Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1836 1837 [1838] 1839 1840 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 937996 times)

LarryB!

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #27555 on: February 23, 2024, 03:23:23 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27556 on: February 24, 2024, 12:37:31 AM »

That was fun. It was interesting to hear Melo go on about the importance of a group playing together.

To keep the band together we are going to have to spend money. Fortunately I believe we have bird rights to Hartenstein and OG. Precious has a qualifying offer so could be an RFA. I think we need to resolve that first then give as much as needed for OG and IH. We can agree to it all in the first instance, but in terms of league business the paperwork for Bird rights guys lets you exceed caps to do the deals. I expect it will cost north of 60 million to keep all three. It will be well worth it. That would give us eleven vet returners

Hartenstein Mitch Sims
Randle Precious
OG Bogdan
Donte Hart
Brunson McBride

Even capped out, with our draft picks we can play young guy roulette at the back of the lineup. That is the near future outcome I would recommend.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27557 on: February 25, 2024, 01:11:42 PM »

If we are at full strength, the Celtics do not scare me in a series.

It is nice to see Luke Kornet play well.

Detroit is feeling like a must win at the moment.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #27558 on: February 25, 2024, 02:31:26 PM »

If we are at full strength, the Celtics do not scare me in a series.

Wait, what?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27559 on: February 25, 2024, 03:16:48 PM »

Add Jules and OG to what we had going on and I think we make up the scoring difference between the starting units. Two other benefits are that those two players put wear and tear on opponents through their physicality which can come to bear as a game or series progresses and it would move Precious, Hart and Mitch to our bench which, along with Bogdan and McBride, would give us a pronounced advantage in the second unit.

I do not think we would be favored or be set up for an east series, but I do not think we would be overmatched and I do not think the Celtics have enough to be able to throw us off our game given a fully available roster

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #27560 on: February 25, 2024, 03:39:53 PM »

On offense Celtics had their way with us all game. The 3's were one thing, but lots and lots of shots right next to the bucket. It was disturbing for a Thib's team, injuries or no.

That said, I hear you. And pretty much agree that, full strength, we can take on anyone.

The only thing irritating me since the trade is Burks playing back up point instead of Deuce.

The young dude brings so much...why fuck with his confidence? Even if Burks was shooting better, which he isn't, the chemistry is obviously not there with his teammates.

I can't help thinking how he and Bogdan just came from an incredibly bad team where losing was the daily mindset. That really gonna change in a minute?

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Thibs
« Reply #27561 on: February 25, 2024, 04:55:45 PM »

That said, I hear you. And pretty much agree that, full strength, we can take on anyone.

The only thing irritating me since the trade is Burks playing back up point instead of Deuce.

Just Thibs being Thibs.

Besides, at full strength, with his inflexible 9 man rotation, either Deuce or Sims or both would be out of our lineup.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27562 on: February 26, 2024, 12:36:22 PM »

I expect Burks and Sims would be out of a top nine rotation, but with this group top ten makes more sense.

Hartenstein Mitch
Randle Precious
OG Bogdan
Donte Hart
Brunson McBride

Burks and Sims situational.

A couple days left to tinker with playoff rosters.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
I bet you $1
« Reply #27563 on: February 26, 2024, 12:44:22 PM »

Fac, I bet you $1 that Thibs will stick with Burks over Deuce, and also that another of your, and mine, 10 will be out of the rotation if we are at full strength.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27564 on: February 26, 2024, 02:04:58 PM »

AB may have lost a step over the past couple of years. He looked best for us sandwiched between Rose and Quickley. He also may need a game or five to reorient himself to the spaces and rythym available in this group.

Neither he or Bogdan are all that playable unless they are cooking. I do not mind having one guy like that in the regular set. Two is already too much of a problem.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Fac,
« Reply #27565 on: February 26, 2024, 04:17:21 PM »

I agree with you on this and also on  your 10 man rotation. My point is that I dont think Thibs does. So, I still bet you $1 that he does not.

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27566 on: February 26, 2024, 04:56:26 PM »

The Burks - McBride dynamic is one I will endeavor to closely watch.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #27567 on: February 26, 2024, 10:26:47 PM »

At least Thibs did not injure anyone by overplaying.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27568 on: February 26, 2024, 10:56:36 PM »

14 mins for Burks 10 for Deuce. Carlos, you may be on to something reading the Thibs tea leaves.

Bogdan was better than Burks. One could make the case that Grimes was better than either one. I still think BB will be a good piece to have down the stretch. It is good to see Hartenstein moving better.

I hope we can steal a game or two in this next stretch. Nothing is easy anymore.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27569 on: February 27, 2024, 04:08:20 PM »

No Jalen. No Hartenstein. This is not going to go well against the Pels.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1836 1837 [1838] 1839 1840 ... 1850