Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1361 1362 [1363] 1364 1365 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 935157 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #20430 on: September 15, 2021, 08:14:07 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20431 on: September 15, 2021, 09:11:45 PM »

Training camp has not opened. There is still time to make adjustments before predictions are locked. 

The downgrade comes as I have soured a bit on our team defense. I expect some slippage there and that slippage will cost us a few games.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Welcome
« Reply #20432 on: September 15, 2021, 09:46:57 PM »

Thank you Carlos

You're most welcome.

I must say Chamaco's objection sorta helped your cause of getting an update 😜
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 09:48:40 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Spoiled
« Reply #20433 on: September 15, 2021, 09:51:47 PM »

Thank you Carlos

Chip, I'll spoil you too if you want to change your prediction. Maybe you wanna take the 52 now. After all, you're PP#1.

NOTE TO THE REST OF THE FORUM: NO MORE UPDATES AFTER NEXT SATURDAY THE 18TH. OK?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 09:55:31 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20434 on: September 15, 2021, 10:06:18 PM »

That's THIS Saturday, imbecile.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Thanks Chamaco
« Reply #20435 on: September 15, 2021, 10:14:48 PM »

That's THIS Saturday, imbecile.

Any insult that comes from you is a badge of honor 😊

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #20436 on: September 16, 2021, 02:20:31 AM »

I'll tentatively go with 44 W's.  East is going to be tougher.  Some players likely to come down some from career years. But pretty good continuity and depth should compensate.  Weakened our D.  Added some O.  We'll see if Thibs can still get a strong defensive effort/results from this year's squad.

A good deal might depend on the health of our 2 aging brittle PG's.  But I guess that's why you have two of 'em.  Hope Thibs doesn't run them into the ground.  Gotta be smart managing worn down knees.  The playoffs are the real season.  Can't scratch and claw for a few extra regular season wins only to have broken down PG's come playoff time.  Can Thibs incorporate time/body management?  NYK have enough young PG's to allow Kemba to rest on tail ends of B2B's, which Thibs has already poo-pooed.

Predictions can be modified until opening game tipoff.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #20437 on: September 16, 2021, 02:21:13 AM »

So Knix traded an all-star level talent (KZ) for Grimes and cap space.  Got it ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #20438 on: September 16, 2021, 12:28:41 PM »

So Knix traded an all-star level talent (KZ) for Grimes and cap space.  Got it ...

Very Kiid of you. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #20439 on: September 16, 2021, 02:01:09 PM »

I'd like to see some Summer league to have a better feel for the season.

Fwiw, ESPN also picked 44 W's for the Knix and a 7th place finish.
Exactly as I have it.  Though hope we can outperform the Celts.
https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/32178449/nba-predictions-win-loss-records-brooklyn-nets-milwaukee-bucks-every-eastern-conference-team
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
48-34
« Reply #20440 on: September 16, 2021, 02:14:47 PM »

The East Is A Beast

Milwaukee, Brooklyn were already the pick of the litter and they both got better.

Miami, Philadelphia. 

Miami added some significant pieces.  Philly in a state of flux.     

New York, Atlanta, Boston, Indiana, Washington, Chicago, Charlotte all got better. 

I wouldn't sleep on Detroit or Orlando or Toronto.  Cleveland?  Meh. 

52-30 is doable, but would require everything going perfectly, and Thibs inculcating a more offensively oriented squad to raise their game on D in a manner commensurate with our departed PG & SF. 

44-38 is tenable as per the Prophet BoD, and reflects both the genius and the stubbornness that is Tom Thibodeau.  He got seriously punked by Nate McMillan in the playoffs.   

48-34 in my questionable estimation, reflects a sense of both the depth and talent of this squad, factoring in a degree of continuity in returning vets such as Randle, Rose, Burks, Noels and Gibson, the ongoing growth of R.J. Barrett, a reasonable expectation of an uptick of performance from Quickley and Toppin, and the anticipated contributions of Kemba and Evan. 

There are of course a number of wild cards.

Teams will be laying for the Knicks as they might not have been last season.  How might Thib's approach have evolved and has he learned from his mistakes?  INJURIES? 

WILD CARDS.  Mitchell Robinson.  Can his foot hold up?  If healthy and able to stay on the court, how might his extra mass and muscle factor in?  He has been playing at 240 and is now clocking in at 275.  His body has evolved.  How so his game and his competitive posture in advance of what promises to be a fierce competition with Noel for starters stature and minutes.  If deemed healthy, will the Knicks put his mind to rest and give him a new 2 + 1 contract commensurate with his aspirations and value to the team going forward?  How might Jericho Sims push Mitchell and Nerlens' envelope as the one guaranteed 2-way contract on our squad?     

WILD CARDS:  Quentin Grimes.  Miles McBride. Will they force Thibs to give them more than token minutes?  Kevin Knox.  Luca Vildoza.  Will they make a case for trust and responsibility and any meaningful MINUTES given how far down the depth chart they seem currently buried? 

WILD CARDS:  KEMBA WALKER.  KEMBA WALKER.  KEMBA WALKER.  DERRICK ROSE.  DERRICK ROSE.  DERRICK ROSE.  Snow on the roof.  How much steam in the pipes?  Will Thibs resist his urge to grind them into fucking flour? 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 02:16:36 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20441 on: September 16, 2021, 04:11:32 PM »

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/32178449/nba-predictions-win-loss-records-brooklyn-nets-milwaukee-bucks-every-eastern-conference-team

I think you mean preseason
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #20442 on: September 16, 2021, 04:39:09 PM »

I think you mean preseason

PERHAPS. 

But Bo is on record as not having seen any of our summer league

And apparently Grimes with the Dallas #1, and Randle, Noel, Burks, Gibson, Walker, Rose, Quickley, McBride and Jericho deriving from the player, cap space and draft assets which we accrued and turned over and reconstituted and re-re-constituted from our trade of our recalcitrant all-star talent, in reconfiguring our team from [NEVER MIND THAT WE COPPED AN ALL STAR TALENT IN JULIUS RANDLE WITH THAT CAP SPACE] 29-53 during KP's final season, and 17-65 during his time on the IR, to 41-31 in 2020-21, is not to Bo's liking, and in no way, shape or form derives from the Knicks reaction to KP's teachable Ben Simmons Moment.

God gives you lemons, you make lemonade. 

God gives BoD lemons, and he holds out for cumquats.   

chipstern

• View Profile
Hawks
« Reply #20443 on: September 16, 2021, 04:46:00 PM »

Hawks signing Jahlil Okafor

Shams Charania: Free agent center Jahlil Okafor is signing a non-guaranteed deal with the Atlanta Hawks, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

chipstern

• View Profile
Some Things We Can Agree On
« Reply #20444 on: September 16, 2021, 06:54:58 PM »

« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 07:58:32 PM by chipstern »
Pages: 1 ... 1361 1362 [1363] 1364 1365 ... 1849