Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1701 1702 [1703] 1704 1705 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 938248 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Shout Out To Negative Nancies
« Reply #25530 on: November 21, 2022, 09:26:37 PM »

DEUCE & GRIMES

Meanwhile, RJ channelling his Inner LesterDawg

Quarter and a galf to go. 

Still.  Progress of sorts.

As you were Negative Nancies.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #25531 on: November 21, 2022, 11:21:08 PM »

We come off the road trip no worse than we went in. Still treading water with smidgens of daylight seen for the kids.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25532 on: November 22, 2022, 11:38:33 AM »

We come off the road trip no worse than we went in. Still treading water with smidgens of daylight seen for the kids.

I think better.

The response to OKC was important.

The tenacity of McBride and Grimes yesterday was an eye-opener. This is what we're talking about. And loosen up the fucking rotation. Loved how the big men were used yesterday. They all made an impact. And we had time on the floor with just Obi and Randle.

Funny I was looking at McBride's stat line, and if you didn't see the game, you wouldn't know how well he played.

We also "learned" or were "reminded" on this trip that Julius can still be an emotional head case emotionally vulnerable. Coaches will have to intervene with him when necessary, or risk some of last year's shitstorm.

I like Thibs and appreciate his intensity. But that stick in his ass! It's awesome when it comes out! We can't keep winning without an approach that's flexible and accountable. Use the talent!

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25533 on: November 22, 2022, 01:46:36 PM »

Yep, something for everyone on that road trip, for the most negative nancies and most positive p's as well.

Thibs at his most and least Thibsian. Julius as both Big Bad Dog and Lard Loaf. RJ being...RJ Barrett! The bench mob ready to mob...if allowed.

I'd rather go into the mid week holiday half full than half empty, and they gave us reasons to be thankful in OKC. Will take it.

*** but there's gotta be a move soon by Leon, either bench or personnel, because right now, there's no hint at F.O. strategy, just one big half full half empty seemingly directionless mess.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 01:51:22 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25534 on: November 22, 2022, 01:48:16 PM »

Yep, something for everyone on that road trip, for the most negative nancies and most positive p's as well.

Thibs at his most and least Thibsian. Julius as both Big Bad Dog and Lard Loaf. RJ being...RJ Barrett! The bench mob ready to mob...if allowed.

I'd rather go into the mid week holiday half full than half empty, and they gave us reasons to be thankful in OKC. Will take it.

*** but there's gotta be a move soon by Leon, either bench or personnel, because right now there's no hint at F.O. strategy, just one big half full half empty seemingly directionless mess.

Word.

More Or Less On Perceptions Of A Mess, Which Is Preferrable, Says Here, To An AllOut ClusterFuck
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 02:08:30 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Something For Everyone
« Reply #25535 on: November 22, 2022, 01:48:47 PM »

Elephant

I agree that the response to OKC was important. 

We caught a break when that seven foot beanpole ALEKSEJ POKUSEVSKI, with his three point range, was unavailable, but then, we were without Reddish and Rose, so...

As for Thibs, well Thibs is Thibs. 

Still, while accounting for the Knicks treating Mitchell's knee gingerly, while Thibs has said a two man rotation is likely at center, Jericho Sims is making his presence felt.  As is Thibs' willingness to pair Randle-Toppin together, as C-PF, or was I hallucinating, for a brief spell, with Sims-Randle-Toppin. 

So, progress of a sort, as is the ascension of Reddish AND Grimes. 

Not serving youth? 

Well, let me see. 

Thibs has been nurturing both Quickley AND Reddish AND NOW Grimes, dropping vet Fournier out of the rotation.  Which minimally, should inspire Facil to concoct some more trades. 

IQ has become a noticably better facilitator, has been rebounding and defending much better, and is starting to dial in his three. 

Addressing the rotations some weeks ago, Thibs pointed out how, no, some people who deserve minutes, have to wait their turn, mentioning McBride specifically.  We know from Westchster that McBride can score and hit the three, though he has yet to find consistency on the big time level, BUT GodDamnnnnnnnnnnnn, does he ever compete on the defensive end.  Anticipating, even with a few days off before our next game on Friday, that the Knicks are going to be cautious with Rose's big toe, we should see more of Deuce.  Likewise, caution with Reddish's groin, another tweaky bad boy, not unlike Grimes' plantar fascitis. 

So IQ, Toppin, Grimes, Reddish, Sims. 

How is that NOT serving youth? 

As for Julius, we--INCLUDING ME--are going to inevitably micro-analyze his every move and decision, and while I might yell at the TV Screen myself--though not with the feral frothing of LesterDawg--there is a reason why he gets more rotational minutes than Obi, and it is not that Thibs is a dick, but that Randle is a better player than Obi.  Period.  And I LOVES ME some Obi, even though he has gone through a relatively inept stage these past few games.  Which, like RJ's struggles, might be laid at the footstep of flu-like symptoms ripping through the entire roster. 

RJ leaking oil?  Randle not as good as Toppin?  Sims ahead of Mitchell and Isiah? 

Clearly Thibs does not share this point of view, and while we are heaping one game praise on our big three of Brunson-Randle-RJ for bounceback games, I think Thibs gets some credit for the team scheme inresponding to a tough young team on the rise [scary to think where they will be when they've worked Holmgren into the rotation, given his skillset as a facilatator and shot blocker, let alone long range sniper, with a an Alexander-Giddey backcourt and all them damn first rounders they be sitting on]. 

The portrayal of a hidebound Thibs?  Factoring in the exigency of injuries...

Who'd have imagined both Reddish AND Grimes swallowing up all of Fournier's minutes, and leaving him as the odd man out rotationally, though I suspect we will see him in due course. 

And of course, what Knicks forum would be complete without writing off both Julius AND RJ. 

YES, issues of consistency and decision making abound, as do turnovers. 

But the notion that RJ & JR are to be written off, or that Thibs is on his way out the door. 

Well...the rejoinder HEH springs to mind.

We are a work in progress, to be sure, and making the playin, let alone the playoffs, is not a given. 

But we are evolving.  Even Thibs, hard as that might be to accept, and our Puppies are evolving under his tutelage.  Overly reliant on the starters, such as RJ?  Overly married to certain offensive schemes?  Julius our own Dr. Jekyll-Mister Hyde. 

Absolutely. 

But writing off a brutal road trip where we went 3-2, and come back home at 9-9, 4-3 at home and 5-6 on the road, as a Nothing Burger?

chipstern

• View Profile
Nothing Burgers--The Eastern Standings Approaching The Quarter Pole
« Reply #25536 on: November 22, 2022, 02:22:50 PM »

At 1-Through-6

Celtics
Bucks
Cavaliers
Pacers
Wizards
Hawks

At 7-Through-10

Raptors
Knicks
76ers
Nets

Back Of The Bus

Bulls
Heat
Magic
Hornets
Pistons

chipstern

• View Profile
Caveat
« Reply #25537 on: November 22, 2022, 02:51:34 PM »

Admittedly our record is...open to scrutiny. 

To put it bluntly. 

Our wins have come against second tier and bottom feeders, Philly without Embid...

I believe Utah and Denver have winning records, least ways at home. 

So while not the irredeemable Leon Rose Hot Mess Lester deplores, I wouldn't pencil us in for the playoffs quite yet. 

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25538 on: November 22, 2022, 03:02:24 PM »

...there is a reason why he gets more rotational minutes than Obi, and it is not that Thibs is a dick, but that Randle is a better player than Obi.  Period.  And I LOVES ME some Obi, even though he has gone through a relatively inept stage these past few games. 

Thought there was no question that Randle is currently a better ballplayer than Obi. Question is whether Obi can become a much better player if given a larger role and (cough) better coaching.

And it's unclear if that will happen on the Knicks.

But we are evolving.  Even Thibs, hard as that might be to accept, and our Puppies are evolving under his tutelage. 

These pups you're talking about are good. What is the evidence that they're improving better and/or faster under Thibs than some other NBA coach?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 03:03:57 PM by elephant »

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25539 on: November 22, 2022, 03:03:55 PM »

...there is a reason why he gets more rotational minutes than Obi, and it is not that Thibs is a dick, but that Randle is a better player than Obi.  Period.  And I LOVES ME some Obi, even though he has gone through a relatively inept stage these past few games. 

Thought there was no question that Randle is currently a better ball player than Obi. Question is whether Obi can become a much better play if given a larger role and (cough) better coaching.

And it's unclear if that will happen on the Knicks.

But we are evolving.  Even Thibs, hard as that might be to accept, and our Puppies are evolving under his tutelage. 

These pups you're talking about are good. What is the evidence that they're improving better and/or faster under Thibs than some other NBA coach?

What is the evidence that they are NOT? 

Sims [#58 draft pick]
McBride & Robinson[#36 picks]
Grimes & Quickley [#25 picks]
Reddish [#10 pick]
Toppin [#8 pick]
Barrett [#3 pick]

Seriously.  If it is your assertion that none of these players have advanced under Thibs?

And who exactly is the Magician who would further advance these Puppies/Knicks than Thibs.  Mike Miller?  Evangelical Mark Jackson?  Go ahead.  I'm all ears. 

Tell you one player who has made a significant uptick playing under Thibs. 

JALEN BRUNSON

Assists, Steals, FT shooting UP.

Three point shooting, down.

Averaging 20.8 ppg-3.8 reb-6.7 assists. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 03:42:27 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Nothing Burgers--The Eastern Standings Approaching The Quarter Pole
« Reply #25540 on: November 22, 2022, 03:46:01 PM »

At 1-Through-6

Celtics
Bucks
Cavaliers
Pacers
Wizards
Hawks

At 7-Through-10

Raptors
Knicks
76ers
Nets

Back Of The Bus

Bulls
Heat
Magic
Hornets
Pistons

Shouldn't last

chipstern

• View Profile
Standings
« Reply #25541 on: November 22, 2022, 05:19:33 PM »

Nope

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25542 on: November 22, 2022, 09:58:43 PM »

That WOULD be a cool 7-10 play in.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25543 on: November 22, 2022, 11:41:16 PM »

That WOULD be a cool 7-10 play in.

Long way to go.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25544 on: November 23, 2022, 10:33:49 AM »

I'm guessing the Pacers and the Wiz will fall.

The latter needs a healthy Porzingis all season long. Will that really happen?

I wouldn't put any wagers on it.
Pages: 1 ... 1701 1702 [1703] 1704 1705 ... 1850