Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1563 1564 [1565] 1566 1567 ... 2742

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 506220 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23460 on: January 26, 2022, 02:25:28 PM »

Jan 26 (Reuters)  Liberal Justice Stephen Breyer, at 83 the oldest member of the U.S. Supreme Court, will retire at the end of the court s current term that runs until the end of June, NBC News and CNN reported on Wednesday, giving President Joe Biden the opportunity to appoint a successor who could serve for decades.

Holy jumping Jesus on a joyride,  that is good news!

The GOP intends to try to block it.

How?

Sinema and Manchin again?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23461 on: January 26, 2022, 02:30:41 PM »

https://www.cbp.gov/about

More than 60,000 employees, around 20,000 are border patrol officers.

Fucktard.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23462 on: January 26, 2022, 02:41:45 PM »

Something kept bothering me all night and then it hit me.

My old bud, Cliff Baxter, died twenty years ago today.

He was a really good guy!

Do "good guys" abandon their families and kill themselves so they don't have to answer questions before Congress as to why they sold their $30 million dollars of Enron stock just before the company went belly up?

I think you missed a tongue firmly planted in a cheek, Ham.

Nah, we were buds.

The guy I knew was a prince..

And there you go.

Stick your smugness up your ass.

Get some humility instead of trying to make it seem like you've had a Gump-like existence with anyone who's ever been in the news, you lying shut-in.

What can I say?

My life has been waaaaay more interesting than yours.

No brags, just facts.

You don't know anything about me, so you can't make that judgement. But go ahead and think what you think. Your bitterness keeps you alive, it seems.

Keep telling yourself that, pal.

Whatever gets you through the night.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23464 on: January 26, 2022, 02:52:20 PM »

We need to give business loans to college graduates who have bad credit because of student loans and the bad economy and from the corona crisis and from whatever else, disability, mental illness, etc. We need to allow the poor people with bad credit to borrow money to start businesses to escape from poverty. And the Small Business Administration can employ Small Business Management Consultants to assist the newly formed businesses to make sure that they succeed.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23465 on: January 26, 2022, 02:57:59 PM »

In Anaheim our City spends a lot of money to advertise our City around the world for tourism. We use our tax money, and money from our assets, to advertise our City around the world for the tourists in order to create jobs in Anaheim. It is great the way that our City works together as a team to bring in tourism business and to create jobs. Those jobs did not just happen, there have been people working around the clock to bring tourists to Anaheim, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23466 on: January 26, 2022, 03:29:10 PM »

We need to give business loans to college graduates who have bad credit because of student loans and the bad economy and from the corona crisis and from whatever else, disability, mental illness, etc. We need to allow the poor people with bad credit to borrow money to start businesses to escape from poverty. And the Small Business Administration can employ Small Business Management Consultants to assist the newly formed businesses to make sure that they succeed.

Salute,

Tony V.

More new businesses have started under the Biden administration than in any year of our national history.

When Red and all his friends finish their overdrawn and preformative suicides and are no longer able to drag everyone down with their sadistic idiocy, things will get even better in the economy and for our standards of living.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23467 on: January 26, 2022, 04:05:32 PM »

Let us see.
Brandon is committing at least 8400 federal troops to help secure the border of Ukraine from invasion of foreigners.
How does that compare to the number of federal troops he committed to protect OUR southern border from the invasion of foreigners?

8400/0

Thanks,Brandon
Discounting the posse comitatus statute that would prevent US troops from actually doing anything to enforce the immigration laws, like, oh, stop people from entering, and the 20,000 actual enforcement personnel whose job it is to enforce immigration. And the difference between an actual invasion involving troops, and an unarmed migration across a border with no military intent. Among other reasons why the post you glommed from some right wing on line diatribe is utter bull shit.
Certainly you could do better than that.
Yes I could, but why should I bother? You have no substantive answer to even that much, and it is always a waste of effort to try to engage you in a discussion.
Espcially since you have but one response repeated ad nauseum
Your white flag is duly noted.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23468 on: January 26, 2022, 04:09:24 PM »

Something kept bothering me all night and then it hit me.

My old bud, Cliff Baxter, died twenty years ago today.

He was a really good guy!

Do "good guys" abandon their families and kill themselves so they don't have to answer questions before Congress as to why they sold their $30 million dollars of Enron stock just before the company went belly up?

I think you missed a tongue firmly planted in a cheek, Ham.

Nah, we were buds.

The guy I knew was a prince..

And there you go.

Stick your smugness up your ass.

Get some humility instead of trying to make it seem like you've had a Gump-like existence with anyone who's ever been in the news, you lying shut-in.

What can I say?

My life has been waaaaay more interesting than yours.

No brags, just facts.

You don't know anything about me, so you can't make that judgement. But go ahead and think what you think. Your bitterness keeps you alive, it seems.

Keep telling yourself that, pal.

Whatever gets you through the night.

Doubling down on your own idiocy doesn't change reality.

Ask your "friends" to explain that to you. Those who haven't offed themselves, yet.

Now, run along and take your meds.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Holly Martins

« Reply #23469 on: January 26, 2022, 04:30:07 PM »

Jan 26 (Reuters)  Liberal Justice Stephen Breyer, at 83 the oldest member of the U.S. Supreme Court, will retire at the end of the court s current term that runs until the end of June, NBC News and CNN reported on Wednesday, giving President Joe Biden the opportunity to appoint a successor who could serve for decades.

How?

Both Bob Casey and Joe Mansion are Dems on record as prolife, and so are potential no votes on any black woman who has expressed any regard for a woman's right to choose.  Biden, by all indicators, seems to be planning to make good on his campaign promise to seat a black woman with a progressive outlook on personal rights. 

But reproductive rights may be less high on the list of issues by this June.  Roe vee may be gone and so the moderate prolifers may care less about that.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23470 on: January 26, 2022, 04:55:15 PM »

Let us see.
Brandon is committing at least 8400 federal troops to help secure the border of Ukraine from invasion of foreigners.
How does that compare to the number of federal troops he committed to protect OUR southern border from the invasion of foreigners?

8400/0

Thanks,Brandon
Discounting the posse comitatus statute that would prevent US troops from actually doing anything to enforce the immigration laws, like, oh, stop people from entering, and the 20,000 actual enforcement personnel whose job it is to enforce immigration. And the difference between an actual invasion involving troops, and an unarmed migration across a border with no military intent. Among other reasons why the post you glommed from some right wing on line diatribe is utter bull shit.
Yes I could, but why should I bother? You have no substantive answer to even that much, and it is always a waste of effort to try to engage you in a discussion.
LOL
Guess you missed the five thousand or so federal troops sent to the border in 2018 to help secure it.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23471 on: January 26, 2022, 04:57:01 PM »

How?

Both Bob Casey and Joe Mansion are Dems on record as prolife, and so are potential no votes on any black woman who has expressed any regard for a woman's right to choose.  Biden, by all indicators, seems to be planning to make good on his campaign promise to seat a black woman with a progressive outlook on personal rights. 

But reproductive rights may be less high on the list of issues by this June.  Roe vee may be gone and so the moderate prolifers may care less about that.
Just what is a reproductive right?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23472 on: January 26, 2022, 06:00:34 PM »

Let us see.

8400/0

Thanks,Brandon
LOL
Guess you missed the five thousand or so federal troops sent to the border in 2018 to help secure it.
Guess you missed that they did absofuckinglutely nothing of value. Except presidential dick waving.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #23473 on: January 26, 2022, 06:08:11 PM »

Biden has talked about nominating a black female to SCOTUS.  So here's the play: nominate Kamala Harris to the top bench.  She's young (57), smart, with a strong legal background.  But has been a somewhat invisible Veep, not terribly good at administrating.  First, Biden gets Manchin to go ahead with a $2T BBB, in exchange for ... making Manchin VP, upping his profile significantly to become a legit contender for 2024.  As long as Sinema is on board with this ...

Progressives get BBB passed and a woman of color on the SCt.
Conservatives get Manchin as Veep.
Biden gets to show that he can get things done and appeal to all factions.
Biden can ditch Manchin for 2024, or if he doesn't run, Manchin won't stand a chance in the primary, but would be a factor.

Hell, make Susan Collins Veep so the Maine Guv gets to appoint a Dem senator.
That might make Manchin happy enough to agree to BBB.  Or make him irrelevant, by giving the Dems an extra 51st senator.  And Biden would become Mr. Bipartisan and seen as getting things done. 

Okay, none of that is remotely realistic.  But I do think that Kamala would be a more natural fit at SCOTUS than Veep.  Though with 6 conservatives, it's likely best to add a strong progressive, rather than the more moderate Harris.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23474 on: January 26, 2022, 06:27:16 PM »

Hearings, they are called

Jackson or Kruger. But Childs would not surprise me.

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 1563 1564 [1565] 1566 1567 ... 2742