Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1564 1565 [1566] 1567 1568 ... 2742

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 506321 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23475 on: January 26, 2022, 08:14:16 PM »

Jan 26 (Reuters)  Liberal Justice Stephen Breyer, at 83 the oldest member of the U.S. Supreme Court, will retire at the end of the court s current term that runs until the end of June, NBC News and CNN reported on Wednesday, giving President Joe Biden the opportunity to appoint a successor who could serve for decades.

Holy jumping Jesus on a joyride,  that is good news!

The GOP intends to try to block it.

How?

Sinema and Manchin again?

Both Bob Casey and Joe Mansion are Dems on record as prolife, and so are potential no votes on any black woman who has expressed any regard for a woman's right to choose.  Biden, by all indicators, seems to be planning to make good on his campaign promise to seat a black woman with a progressive outlook on personal rights. 

But reproductive rights may be less high on the list of issues by this June.  Roe vee may be gone and so the moderate prolifers may care less about that.
Just what is a reproductive right?

A right that your parents clearly abused.  Birthing a sealion is a strange and unnatural act. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23476 on: January 26, 2022, 08:16:35 PM »

Okay, none of that is remotely realistic.  But I do think that Kamala would be a more natural fit at SCOTUS than Veep.   

Snicker..

Commentary on how well she is doing at her current job
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23477 on: January 26, 2022, 08:20:20 PM »

A Reid Out guest tonight criticized Amy Coney Barrett for having just three years bench experience before being appointed to SCOTUS

Imagine the horror at  NONE.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #23478 on: January 26, 2022, 08:29:47 PM »

HUD is giving money to the Native American Indian Tribes to build housing, the Shoshone Tribe in Battle Mountain, Nevada, can bring in the architects from Greece, and from Spain, etc, and they can build great housing. Right now the federal government is giving a lot of money to the tribes for housing.

http://temoaktribe.com/battlemountain.shtml

And HUD has plenty of money to help the homeless people in Los Angeles, and many can relocate to Battle Mountain, Nevada.

Also, we have 100,000 or so refugees from Afghanistan who are living on our military bases, as we build housing for the new immigrants then we can help our homeless people at the same time and we can mix our homeless people in with the immigrants as we house and help people. We can help our homeless and our immigrants at the same time.

Salute,

Tony V.

Employ American architects?
Comparison is the thief of joy.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #23479 on: January 26, 2022, 08:35:27 PM »

https://www.cbp.gov/about

More than 60,000 employees, around 20,000 are border patrol officers.

Fucktard.

Gotta seal the borders. Then when the cartelliers and human traffickers are deported they won't be able just walk back in.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Holly Martins

« Reply #23480 on: January 26, 2022, 08:38:15 PM »

The serious contenders have bench experience aplenty.  Brown for example clerked for Breyer, has sat on high profile litigation in USCoA, Harvard alum, strong choice. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23481 on: January 26, 2022, 08:57:00 PM »

Let us see.
Brandon is committing at least 8400 federal troops to help secure the border of Ukraine from invasion of foreigners.
How does that compare to the number of federal troops he committed to protect OUR southern border from the invasion of foreigners?

8400/0

Thanks,Brandon
Discounting the posse comitatus statute that would prevent US troops from actually doing anything to enforce the immigration laws, like, oh, stop people from entering, and the 20,000 actual enforcement personnel whose job it is to enforce immigration. And the difference between an actual invasion involving troops, and an unarmed migration across a border with no military intent. Among other reasons why the post you glommed from some right wing on line diatribe is utter bull shit.
Certainly you could do better than that.
Yes I could, but why should I bother? You have no substantive answer to even that much, and it is always a waste of effort to try to engage you in a discussion.
Espcially since you have but one response repeated ad nauseum
Your white flag is duly noted.
LOL
Guess you missed the five thousand or so federal troops sent to the border in 2018 to help secure it.

He did not miss it. He understood it was a farce to tickle morons into contributions they could not afford.

What kind of cat food are you eating tonight, you fucktard?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23482 on: January 26, 2022, 09:12:14 PM »

Jan 26 (Reuters)  Liberal Justice Stephen Breyer, at 83 the oldest member of the U.S. Supreme Court, will retire at the end of the court s current term that runs until the end of June, NBC News and CNN reported on Wednesday, giving President Joe Biden the opportunity to appoint a successor who could serve for decades.

Holy jumping Jesus on a joyride,  that is good news!

The GOP intends to try to block it.

How?

Sinema and Manchin again?

Both Bob Casey and Joe Mansion are Dems on record as prolife, and so are potential no votes on any black woman who has expressed any regard for a woman's right to choose.  Biden, by all indicators, seems to be planning to make good on his campaign promise to seat a black woman with a progressive outlook on personal rights. 

But reproductive rights may be less high on the list of issues by this June.  Roe vee may be gone and so the moderate prolifers may care less about that.
Just what is a reproductive right?

A right that your parents clearly abused.  Birthing a sealion is a strange and unnatural act.
Okay.  You do not know

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23483 on: January 26, 2022, 09:31:18 PM »

HUD is giving money to the Native American Indian Tribes to build housing, the Shoshone Tribe in Battle Mountain, Nevada, can bring in the architects from Greece, and from Spain, etc, and they can build great housing. Right now the federal government is giving a lot of money to the tribes for housing.

http://temoaktribe.com/battlemountain.shtml

And HUD has plenty of money to help the homeless people in Los Angeles, and many can relocate to Battle Mountain, Nevada.

Also, we have 100,000 or so refugees from Afghanistan who are living on our military bases, as we build housing for the new immigrants then we can help our homeless people at the same time and we can mix our homeless people in with the immigrants as we house and help people. We can help our homeless and our immigrants at the same time.

Salute,

Tony V.

Employ American architects?

I would love to see the American architects get out and build exciting fun apartment complexes for the homeless and for our immigrants, but sadly it is not happening. We have 60,000 homeless people in Los Angeles alone. The architects in Los Angeles are not building fast enough to house the homeless, and our immigrants.

I am lucky and I live in a Spanish style apartment complex with a swimming pool and with outdoor barbecues, and we have a park down the street which has tennis courts, I am very lucky. I count my blessings everyday. I have a great apartment, with great neighbors, and we have great parks close by, with a swimming pool and tennis courts, I am so lucky. It would be great if we could build great apartments for everyone, regardless of where the architects come from.

There is room for all of the architects to build, and we have a lot of people who need housing, the architects from America can build, and we can also bring in the architects from Greece, and from Spain, etc. We need to keep it exciting and fun as we build housing.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 09:34:38 PM by FlyingVProd »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23484 on: January 26, 2022, 09:49:37 PM »

Tomorrow is International Holocaust Remembrance Day...

So a school board in Tennessee bans the Pulitzer Prize winning graphic novel, Maus, by Art Spiegeliman.

Achtung, motherfuckers!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23485 on: January 26, 2022, 09:57:12 PM »

Something kept bothering me all night and then it hit me.

My old bud, Cliff Baxter, died twenty years ago today.

He was a really good guy!

Do "good guys" abandon their families and kill themselves so they don't have to answer questions before Congress as to why they sold their $30 million dollars of Enron stock just before the company went belly up?

I think you missed a tongue firmly planted in a cheek, Ham.

Nah, we were buds.

The guy I knew was a prince..

And there you go.

Stick your smugness up your ass.

Get some humility instead of trying to make it seem like you've had a Gump-like existence with anyone who's ever been in the news, you lying shut-in.

What can I say?

My life has been waaaaay more interesting than yours.

No brags, just facts.

You don't know anything about me, so you can't make that judgement. But go ahead and think what you think. Your bitterness keeps you alive, it seems.

Keep telling yourself that, pal.

Whatever gets you through the night.

Doubling down on your own idiocy doesn't change reality.

Ask your "friends" to explain that to you. Those who haven't offed themselves, yet.

Now, run along and take your meds.

You have to imagine my life sucks so you will feel better about your own shitty existence.

Your obsession is unhealthy.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23486 on: January 26, 2022, 10:35:12 PM »

So a school board in Tennessee bans the Pulitzer Prize winning graphic novel, Maus, by Art Spiegeliman.

Achtung, motherfuckers!

It is the way that school board has chosen to express how strongly they identify with the Nazis in the story.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23487 on: January 26, 2022, 10:38:28 PM »

Achtung, motherfuckers!

It is the way that school board has chosen to express how strongly they identify with the Nazis in the story.

Vote was 10-0

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23488 on: January 26, 2022, 10:40:36 PM »

I am so lucky, I live in a Spanish style apartment complex with a swimming pool and with outdoor barbecues, with a park down the street which has tennis courts, etc. We have great grocery stores, we have Disneyland, we have the Angels, we have the Ducks, and Los Angeles is only 30 minutes away on the Metrolink train. And we have several good schools in the area, including the Dodge film school at Chapman. Certainly there are many things that the people of our city want, such as a Barnes and Noble Book Store, and a high speed train between Anaheim and Vegas, but we have a good foundation to build on. Many good people served in Anaheim and built a good city where I can live, I am blessed.

Now we need to get the 60,000 homeless people in Los Angeles into fun and safe housing, in Battle Mountain, Nevada, and wherever the people decide to build. Plus we need to get the 100,000 refugees from Afghanistan into housing, etc. We need to mix our immigrants together with our homeless people and help everyone at once.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23489 on: January 26, 2022, 10:50:24 PM »

The serious contenders have bench experience aplenty.  Brown for example clerked for Breyer, has sat on high profile litigation in USCoA, Harvard alum, strong choice.

yeah bol
Pages: 1 ... 1564 1565 [1566] 1567 1568 ... 2742