Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1587 1588 [1589] 1590 1591 ... 2742

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 506365 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23820 on: February 04, 2022, 01:22:47 PM »

Attempting to continue to dismiss dissenting voices by accusing them of  being racist, especially without knowing really anything about them personally is the kneejerk response of the leftist wing of the Democratic party.
The only thing you demonstrate is your own intolerance and bigotry.
Or maybe just STFU.

The irony here is really rich, as Ham does exactly the same thing he is complaining about, attempting to dismiss a voice that dissents from his, claiming the others demonstrate intolerance and bigotry, and they should shut up.

You should come into a discussion at the beginning, once in awhile, instead of being late to the party and then trying to throw your two cents in to the fray.

(a) Impossible to enter this conversation "at the beginning." As I understand it, your interactions with Larry go back to before I joined the NYT's discussion fora.

(b) Your current comments to which I responded merit my response whenever you say them and every time you say them.

You behave in the exact same way as you complain that others act.

You engage in no self-reflection on the topic, give a knee jerk reaction to what has been said and dismiss it, then attempt to shut down their commenting.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23821 on: February 04, 2022, 01:38:28 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/2/3/2078435/-It-s-conservative-endorsement-season-Write-yer-checks-and-they-might-endorse-you-too

Democrats, Americas only legitimate governing party, kills terrorists and creates jobs, bringing peace and prosperity to the nation.

Republicans, Americas most criminal element, elevates terrorists to their leadership positions and kills jobs, bringing poverty and despair to the nation.   
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23822 on: February 04, 2022, 02:06:10 PM »

Attempting to continue to dismiss dissenting voices by accusing them of  being racist, especially without knowing really anything about them personally is the kneejerk response of the leftist wing of the Democratic party.
The only thing you demonstrate is your own intolerance and bigotry.
Or maybe just STFU.

The irony here is really rich, as Ham does exactly the same thing he is complaining about, attempting to dismiss a voice that dissents from his, claiming the others demonstrate intolerance and bigotry, and they should shut up.

You should come into a discussion at the beginning, once in awhile, instead of being late to the party and then trying to throw your two cents in to the fray.

(a) Impossible to enter this conversation "at the beginning." As I understand it, your interactions with Larry go back to before I joined the NYT's discussion fora.

YOU'VE BEEN MISINFORMED. PERHAPS INTENTIONALLY SO.

(b) Your current comments to which I responded merit my response whenever you say them and every time you say them.

You behave in the exact same way as you complain that others act.

THEN YOU'RE NOT PAYING ATTENTION.

You engage in no self-reflection on the topic, give a knee jerk reaction to what has been said and dismiss it, then attempt to shut down their commenting.

I'D LIKE YOU TO SEE YOU SELF-REFLECT ON SOMETHING THAT HAS NO BASIS IN REALITY.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23823 on: February 04, 2022, 02:15:16 PM »

http://morningshots.thebulwark.com/p/the-rnc-joins-the-insurrection

Democrats, Americas only legitimate governing party, kills terrorists and creates jobs, bringing peace and prosperity to the nation.

Republicans, Americas most criminal element, elevates terrorists to their leadership positions and kills jobs, bringing poverty and despair to the nation.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23824 on: February 04, 2022, 02:20:10 PM »

A sincere question for Kid, RedStateWard, and Hamilton:

Have you ever made a statement or posted a question here that in retrospect you realized was racist?

I dont know - does calling her Buggin Ot count?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23825 on: February 04, 2022, 02:21:37 PM »

In your model, is racist the equivalent of unfair to blacks?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 06:55:44 PM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23826 on: February 04, 2022, 02:22:31 PM »

I'D LIKE YOU TO SEE YOU SELF-REFLECT ON SOMETHING THAT HAS NO BASIS IN REALITY.

Hammys big fat inferiority complex has squished his puny and underdeveloped ability to reason.

Kid, on the other hand knows just what he is doing and why.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23827 on: February 04, 2022, 02:58:40 PM »

Psalm 82:3-4 New International Version (NIV)

3 Defend the weak and the fatherless;
    uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed.
4 Rescue the weak and the needy;
    deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

--------

And as Christians we are supposed to help all people, but we are especially supposed to help other Christians.

And we need to organize the homeless community like any other community so that they can help themselves and each other.

Three good organizations are Habitat For Humanity, Homeboy Industries, and the Weingart Center in Los Angeles.

In the OC we have a Wellness Center in Orange, and we have the Mental Health Association in Santa Ana.

Globally we have UNICEF, and Catholic schools and hospitals and orphanages.

And the Pope is a good man.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 03:02:29 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23828 on: February 04, 2022, 03:33:00 PM »

Psalm 82:3-4 New International Version (NIV)

And as Christians we are supposed to help all people, but we are especially other Christians.

Let's start with that belief.  So you are of the "charity begins at home" and not the "spread the WORD to ALL" and "everyone is thy neighbor" school of faith?

Quote me the verse where Jesus says "especially help some poor more than others"?

Galations 6:10

Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

---

And Mathew 25:31-46 is all about how we will be judged for having helped the poor and the needy.

----

And of course we are supposed to love our neighbors, and we are supposed to treat other people the way that we ourselves wish to be treated. ( The Golden Rule. )

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23829 on: February 04, 2022, 03:33:21 PM »

Have you ever made a statement or posted a question here that in retrospect you realized was racist?
Red does not even admit typos.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #23830 on: February 04, 2022, 03:44:26 PM »

This who is a racist today arguing is getting nowhere.

For anyone who cares to reply:
Q)  Does making a comment or assertion that someone infers to be "racist"
make the speaker "a racist" ?

Only in the eyes of the:

a) one who needs to take offense

b) one who wants to take offense

c) one who wishes to divert the conversation and avoid addressing any aspect of it

d) "progressive wing" of the Democratic Party

e) wants to shut down an opinion with which they disagree

f) all of the above
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23831 on: February 04, 2022, 03:48:07 PM »

No. People unwittingly say racist things all the time, thoughtlessly or because of cultural upbringing. There is a difference between a racist idea and a racist person. Ham is a racist person. And I am happy to be considered intolerant of racism by him.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23833 on: February 04, 2022, 04:05:10 PM »

Nope.

But it does provide reason to reflect on what one said, rather than putting it down as a kneejerk reaction from the other person.

And the refusal to believe that there is reason to do so does suggest that the speaker may have some racist proclivities.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23834 on: February 04, 2022, 04:06:57 PM »

Red does not even admit typos.

I know.
Pages: 1 ... 1587 1588 [1589] 1590 1591 ... 2742