Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2498 2499 [2500] 2501 2502 ... 2728

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 502669 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #37485 on: November 01, 2023, 07:31:41 PM »

How many kids are killed with handguns each year in Australia?

Zero.  [unless a kid gets hold of their cop/security guard father's gun, which to my knowledge has 'never' happened.]
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 07:34:06 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #37486 on: November 01, 2023, 07:50:28 PM »

No handgun deaths in children? I guess Australia must be free of people with mental illness.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37487 on: November 01, 2023, 08:13:41 PM »

No handgun deaths in children? I guess Australia must be free of people with mental illness.

Of course disarming the People is great for reducing gun deaths.

Not so great for the People when armed home invaders, and armed gangs, are smashing/sneaking their way into the People's homes, intent on rape, murder, assault, robbery of everything valuable they own.

Or, Heaven forbid, armed terrorists are going house to house slaughtering the People.

Plenty of murders in Australia...the killers just use knives, hammers etc.

The latest hammer murder being of lovely young water polo coach Lilie James at St Andrews Cathedral School in Sydney's CBD Wed last week.
Alleged premeditated murder of her by her recent ex boyfriend [of a short time] co worker at the school.
Late at night, she alone with him as she returned the water polo gear to the school.
He then committed suicide, jumped off a cliff into the ocean/rocks in Sydney's east.

Never allow your daughters to, and tell them at every opportunity to...never allow themselves to be alone with a boyfriend, ex-boyfriend, co-worker.. anywhere, at night, or in the day.
...unless, they can absolutely guarantee their own safety.
That's absolutely.
Absolutely.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 08:15:45 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37488 on: November 01, 2023, 08:37:50 PM »

You are never absolutely safe from falling space debris
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37489 on: November 01, 2023, 09:12:17 PM »

I should be.
I've been let down.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37490 on: November 02, 2023, 02:05:09 AM »

I should be.
I've been let down.

You should really stop breast feeding at some point
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37491 on: November 02, 2023, 03:54:19 AM »

I should be.
I've been let down.

You should really stop breast feeding at some point

Speaking of breast feeding...
The birthrate in Japan has dropped so much that schools all over Japan are closing permanently, being converted into factories etc.
No surprise to me, with everything so expensive today.
Also no surprise to me, given what women have to go thru with pregnancy, childbirth, and breast feeding ... as stated by more than one woman "had all the life and shape of my breasts sucked out".
Add that to women losing their youthful body shape after childbirth, and the high divorce rate worldwide, and it's a wonder any woman signs up for the "baby" journey.
Reality show "One born every minute" from UK (actual reality) was instructive.
Women screaming in pain during childbirth...I had to be only a casual visitor.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37492 on: November 02, 2023, 08:50:55 AM »

Rather patently not.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37493 on: November 02, 2023, 08:57:46 AM »

No, the cause of it.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #37494 on: November 02, 2023, 10:37:35 AM »

Caves are good.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #37495 on: November 02, 2023, 10:38:20 AM »

I should be.
I've been let down.

Technically it's the space debris that has been let down.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37497 on: November 02, 2023, 12:36:09 PM »

No, the cause of it.

Casual visitor to the tv program.

Got trouble with teen pregnancies in schools?
Show episodes of that program in sex-ed classes.
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #37498 on: November 02, 2023, 12:59:40 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2023/11/02/are-tough-on-crime-that-was-always-a-myth--now-its/

Makes a useful distinction between street crime and suite crime.  As the article cites, the latter are more harmful to society. 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #37499 on: November 02, 2023, 01:17:31 PM »

Statement from the White House today.

Today, President Biden and Vice President Harris are announcing that their Administration will develop the first ever U.S. National Strategy to Counter Islamophobia in the United States. We look forward to continuing our work with community leaders, advocates, members of Congress, and more to develop the strategy  which will be a joint effort led by the Domestic Policy Council and the National Security Council  and counter the scourge of Islamophobia and hate in all its forms.

Should be easy work, even with a slouch like Kamala in charge.
Islamophobic hate crimes totals are miniscule compared to the those attributed to Anti Semitism.

At the height of anti Muslim feelings following 911 Islamophobia accounted for 419 hate crimes out a total of 1850 or about 25%.  Anti Jewish totals were
56% the same year.
Just last year anti Jewish hate crimes accounted for 55% of the total, Islamophobia 6%.

So Biden/Harris are staging a classic case of misdirection to appease the progressive anti-Semitic wing of the democrat party.

Pages: 1 ... 2498 2499 [2500] 2501 2502 ... 2728