Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2142 2143 [2144] 2145 2146 ... 2734

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 504288 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #32145 on: December 01, 2022, 11:34:01 AM »

I'm predicting the president won't run again.

Barring some drastic development Biden will run in 2024 but it will be a Rose Garden campaign while all the wanna be replacements (Newsome, Harris, Buttigieg etc) hit the road as surrogates.

Biden retires midterm and Harris become first woman president.

When it happens - soon or in next term -  I shall give you the credit
When what happens? A great disaster ? That has already happened in less than two years under Biden.
At least the voters rose up and threw out Nancy and her collaborators in the House.
Joe is not going to run because he has no chance of being re elected.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32146 on: December 01, 2022, 01:00:01 PM »

McCarthy still cannot get to 218.

At this rate Joe is looking at the prospect of running unopposed in 2024. That would make him the youngest guy to ever get all the electoral college votes since Washington.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32148 on: December 01, 2022, 05:19:54 PM »

McCarthy still cannot get to 218.

At this rate Joe is looking at the prospect of running unopposed in 2024. That would make him the youngest guy to ever get all the electoral college votes since Washington.

Heh

Pence for SPEAKER.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32149 on: December 01, 2022, 05:27:30 PM »

I'm predicting the president won't run again.

Barring some drastic development Biden will run in 2024 but it will be a Rose Garden campaign while all the wanna be replacements (Newsome, Harris, Buttigieg etc) hit the road as surrogates.

Biden retires midterm and Harris become first woman president.

When it happens - soon or in next term -  I shall give you the credit
When what happens? A great disaster ? That has already happened in less than two years under Biden.
At least the voters rose up and threw out Nancy and her collaborators in the House.
Joe is not going to run because he has no chance of being re elected.

Yeah

Whatever

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #32150 on: December 01, 2022, 06:16:54 PM »

The Senate has approved a measure meant to avert a railroad strike in eight days... without the paid sick days rail workers have been asking for.

Biden is applauding this travesty and will sign.  I grow less and less impressed with his former credentials as a fighter for the working person.  He should be fighting for this reasonable request of labor unions (and basic supporting strut of public health).  There was a larger goal here for labor, and Biden let it slide so he could be Santa Claus and save Christmas.  He should go help Bernie get eight more votes, but I'm starting to wonder if he's got the juice for good old arm twisting.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #32151 on: December 01, 2022, 07:06:48 PM »

The Senate has approved a measure meant to avert a railroad strike in eight days... without the paid sick days rail workers have been asking for.

Biden is applauding this travesty and will sign.  I grow less and less impressed with his former credentials as a fighter for the working person.  He should be fighting for this reasonable request of labor unions (and basic supporting strut of public health).  There was a larger goal here for labor, and Biden let it slide so he could be Santa Claus and save Christmas.  He should go help Bernie get eight more votes, but I'm starting to wonder if he's got the juice for good old arm twisting.

Why are you not yapping about the GOP (and Joe Manchin) voting no on the sick leave?
Or the Freight rail companies raking in record profits after chopping 34% of the workforce?
Who would catch the shit if the rails shut down sending supply chain and economy 8th the toilet at Christmas?

Biden.

Fucked if you do and fucked if you do not and the perpetrators skate

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #32152 on: December 01, 2022, 07:16:12 PM »

I would of course yap about them voting no on sick leave, but they were mostly behaving as expected.  I wanted more from Biden, who promised to deliver for working people.  Sometimes he needs to be more adversarial and not just have some people superficially holding hands.  The railroads certainly would not want supply chain collapses around Christmas and possibly losing huge chunks to trucking and shipping...they would have come to the table on sick leave if they had to. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #32153 on: December 01, 2022, 07:28:44 PM »

I would of course yap about them voting no on sick leave, but they were mostly behaving as expected.  I wanted more from Biden, who promised to deliver for working people.  Sometimes he needs to be more adversarial and not just have some people superficially holding hands.  The railroads certainly would not want supply chain collapses around Christmas and possibly losing huge chunks to trucking and shipping...they would have come to the table on sick leave if they had to.

GOP did not want to take a hit on the strike but said no in the time off and somehow that is on Biden?

I guess Obama did not pass on his Green Lantern Ring of Power to Biden so he could just make legislation through sheer will.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32154 on: December 02, 2022, 03:34:09 AM »

Six or seven.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32155 on: December 02, 2022, 09:37:23 AM »

Six or seven.
Actually in the end, 4. And the railroad companies have never moved off 0.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #32156 on: December 02, 2022, 10:10:53 AM »

GOP did not want to take a hit on the strike but said no in the time off and somehow that is on Biden?

I guess Obama did not pass on his Green Lantern Ring of Power to Biden so he could just make legislation through sheer will.

Just saying Biden shouldn't applaud this deal.  He should send it back unsigned, ask legislators to come up with something better, and point out the barbarity of zero days sick leave in no uncertain terms.  I'm not saying that the sick leave debacle isn't on Manchin and GOP callousness.  Biden needs to point that out.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32157 on: December 02, 2022, 10:13:20 AM »

Six or seven.
Actually in the end, 4. And the railroad companies have never moved off 0.
Actually it is one personal day and 3 periods of time off to visit a doctor as long as the visit is scheduled for a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday and 30 days in advance.
The Senate refused to grant the workers demand for 7 days.
And rightly so given workers are getting 24 per cent raise through the life of the contract and immediate payouts averaging 11 thousand dollars.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32158 on: December 02, 2022, 10:18:59 AM »

Just saying Biden shouldn't applaud this deal.  He should send it back unsigned, ask legislators to come up with something better, and point out the barbarity of zero days sick leave in no uncertain terms.  I'm not saying that the sick leave debacle isn't on Manchin and GOP callousness.  Biden needs to point that out.
Over 20 per cent of Americans get no sick leave. And most of them are paid far less than railroad workers.
The demand for seven was outrageous given the raises and payouts negotiated by Biden.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32159 on: December 02, 2022, 10:51:11 AM »

Republican leader Haffley:  "You will be responsible for shutting the government down..."

President Bartlett:  "Then shut it down"

Joe gotta stomp when stompin's right.   Oilcan is correct in this cse
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 2142 2143 [2144] 2145 2146 ... 2734