Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1141 1142 [1143] 1144 1145 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 935961 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: KK O K & THIBS' Dawg Pound
« Reply #17130 on: February 15, 2021, 03:40:00 PM »

Got to tell y'all, on the off day, I was watching some highlights of the past two games, and I've got to tell you, I was tearing up. 

I've been downloading the last 8 games and compiling a highlight reel, to be released hopefully later this week after the next two games are complete.  One unmistakable fact is that before the trade for DRose the highlights were rather mundane.  A Randle fadeaway here, a Quickley floater there.  The occasional three as a result of the ball moving and mostly dunks from our center tandem off point guard penetration.  Pretty fundamental stuff.  There were almost no fast breaks!  Since the trade the highlights have become a lot more exciting.

The first unit and the second unit embody two aspects of Thibs offensive philosophy, the methodical and the spontaenous, the post up and the penetration--hunkering down in the half court and getting out on the break.   

Every morning when I wake up I say a silent prayer to keep D Rose ambulatory and smiling.  He wanted a second shot at NY after playing for dim bulb Hornacek and His Fake Triangle, and well into his second iteration, minus the surreal speed and athleticism of his pre-injury self, he is playing and comporting himself like a leader, and extension of General Thibs on the court, and he has managed to max out his mental acuity in lieu of reduced physical gifts. 

It is totally inspiring. 

I cannot wait for DR and IQ to man up with TY and RR [hopefully] tonight, both of whom have often had our number. 

And Knick On Wood....hopefully Elfrid will be blowing kisses to Dawg in his signature Cringe & Bear It Manner. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #17131 on: February 15, 2021, 03:44:21 PM »

Saddiq Bey 16-23 on 3's his last 4 games.

Seems some made a good call on this player

Who from Nova is in the next draft?  Seems every year that player is a hit.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Jack Straw

• View Profile
« Reply #17132 on: February 15, 2021, 03:55:14 PM »

I think Bo mentioned this earlier, Bullock has started the past few games on fire and then rarely takes any shots after Q1... its  vexing and  perplexing, esp. as his Q1's have been so strong...

chipstern

• View Profile
Blast From Our Past
« Reply #17133 on: February 15, 2021, 03:58:43 PM »

Josh Robbins: Reporting with @Shams Charania: The Magic intend to sign point guard Chasson Randle to a two-way contract, league sources said. To clear a spot for Randle, the Magic would have to waive one of their current two-way players, most likely Frank Mason. – via Twitter JoshuaBRobbins

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #17134 on: February 15, 2021, 04:29:21 PM »

I think Bo mentioned this earlier, Bullock has started the past few games on fire and then rarely takes any shots after Q1... its  vexing and  perplexing, esp. as his Q1's have been so strong...

Interesting.

Do you think it's that we stop looking for him?

Or that the other team starts guarding him? 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17135 on: February 15, 2021, 04:46:18 PM »

Lapchick and Sweetwater:  Breaking Barriers   running again tonight pre-Knicks pre-game.  6-7 MSG

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17136 on: February 15, 2021, 04:48:56 PM »

By the way -

going against what I have been saying - THIBS did foreshadow in one of his interviews that we COULD go small with Julius at the 5

Whether we see it as a plan or just somethig used in emergency - we shall see

I dont think Thibs wants to change the roster to get a Shittu or a LaBisseerie on the slate just yet.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17137 on: February 15, 2021, 05:00:15 PM »

Double dip in NY as we get Brooklyn at Sactown 10 PM

Not good enough?

Miami at Clippers 10 PM on NBATV

chipstern

• View Profile
The KP Trade Revisited
« Reply #17138 on: February 15, 2021, 05:08:24 PM »

Not just Dennis Smith, Wes Matthews and DeAndre Jordan plus an unprotected #1 this summer, and a top ten protected in 2023. 

But ALL of that CAP SPACE. 

Which beget Julius Randle

Which beget Marcus Morris, which beget Moe Harkless, which beget more cap space and what is presently the #31-33 pick in the 2021 draft, as well as the #27 pick in the 2020 draft....which along with the #37 pick from Charlotte [Wily Hernan Gomez] beget the #23 pick, which beget the #25 and #33 pick, which beget a future #2 pick and....

Immanuel Quickley

Oh, and Dennis Smith beget...DERRICK ROSE

So, Kristaps Porzingis, Courtney Lee, Timmy Hardaway and Trey Burke?

Yielded us what is likely a mid-first #1 pick in this year's draft, #11-30 in 2023, potentially the #31 pick in this year's draft, some future #2 picks plus Julius Randle, Immanuel Quickley and Derrick Rose

PS: And God forbid KP tweaks something, we could be looking at a lottery pick.  So it would appear that not only did we dodge a bullet--an injury prone egotist and his douche bag brother leveraging a max contract and pissing on team chemistry--but we got two an actual factual stud at PF a potential future star at Combo Guard, and a potential future hall of famer to be his mentor and running buddy.  My God, even Dawg and Miras must be smiling. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 05:10:52 PM by chipstern »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
TRUE POSITIVE PUSSIES-TPP HALL OF FAME
« Reply #17139 on: February 15, 2021, 05:48:47 PM »

Undisputed NUMBER ONE TPP. He's been consistent thru the years, never wavering, not even in the darkest of times from Scott Layden to Phool Jackson.

If we didn't have a Chip, he would be Number One. Anyway, NUMBER TWO AIN'T SO BAD.

LES, MY DOGGIE. Not sure he deserves NUMBER THREE, but, what the heck, I like my doggie so he gets it, but with a WARNING: You need to warm up to Elfrid and see him in a POSITIVE LIGHT, or else you may be put ON PROBATION.

NUMBER FOUR: KAMSTER. Probably deserves Number Three, but life ain't always fair, and the jury is not really impartial, showing some favoritism for The Doggie. Anyway, Kamster can be promoted if the current holder of Number 3 is actually put ON PROBATION.

HOW ABOUT ME? Well, I was very slow to warm up to this team, so definitely ON PROBATION. Thas is, until NUMBER ONE decides to lift it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 05:54:13 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Carlos
« Reply #17140 on: February 15, 2021, 06:18:41 PM »

Have you gotten over Mike Miller?

Asking for a friend. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17141 on: February 15, 2021, 06:27:56 PM »

Just noticed DSJ getting minutes in DET (40 over 3 games, with 13 points, 7 assists, 6 boards and a block)

5 assists in win over Celts

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos
« Reply #17142 on: February 15, 2021, 06:45:21 PM »

Asking for a friend.

To interject uninvited,

One can appreciate the job Miller did here in the GLeague and with the big club on an interim basis while also recognizing the massive upgrade Rose made bringing in Thibs & his staff.

Wishing Mike well though I’m forgetting who’s bench he wound up on this season.

DSJ is being marginally more productive for Detroit than Killian Hayes was when he went down. I can’t say it looks too promising.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 06:49:14 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos
« Reply #17143 on: February 15, 2021, 07:06:47 PM »

Asking for a friend.

To interject uninvited,

One can appreciate the job Miller did here in the GLeague and with the big club on an interim basis while also recognizing the massive upgrade Rose made bringing in Thibs & his staff.

Wishing Mike well though I’m forgetting who’s bench he wound up on this season.

DSJ is being marginally more productive for Detroit than Killian Hayes was when he went down. I can’t say it looks too promising.

After his first coaching experience with the Knicks, it was announced that he would be an assistant coach for the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Chip, I very much like what I'm seeing.

That being said, I still think Miller was dumped unceremoniously and undeservedly, and the Knicks could have shown some loyalty for a change. Did they even offer him an assistant job?

Maybe I need to stay on probation a little longer ...😁
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: The KP Trade Revisited
« Reply #17144 on: February 15, 2021, 07:32:59 PM »

My God, even Dawg and Miras must be smiling.

This PP is most certainly smiling. Been smiling all year.

*** Smiling even more since I just got a vax appt. and looking forward to the end of my personal pandemic. Nah, no bleachshots nor UV for me, Kidd can have mine, LL luvs those good ole fashioned big pharma immunizations

Whenever I see the trade breakdowns bringing us this & this & that, I could point out it is a lil disingenous since that trade made cap room was for two MAXEEBOYS who never showed. We coulda signed Randall w/o it, and/or Morris...and still achieved all the resulting goodness. After all, 1 yr/40-50 mil was spent on Gibson/Bullock/Alfrid/Portis/Ellington..but..

not arguing...loving our smart boys recent smart moves, our most enjoyable team, and what our future looks like.

May just slip on my ELFRID jersey as I fire up the MSG.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 07:34:46 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***
Pages: 1 ... 1141 1142 [1143] 1144 1145 ... 1850