Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 593

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 131624 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #1950 on: November 14, 2022, 09:59:10 AM »

I will defend Oz to this extent: by far the majority of "convicts" transported were the poor who were thrown into debtors prison for trying to eat and sleep under a roof.  Also worth noting:

Adult Literacy Rate

Australia.         99%

United States. 86%

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: November 14, 2022, 12:55:04 PM »

Bambu, my advice for the youth is to find true love, LOVE is what this life is all about. And I have written a lot of poetry, and a movie, to try to teach the youth. Scorsese says that you should continue to make movies as long as you have something to say, and I have a lot to say.

Here is a poem that I wrote a long time ago to teach the youth to find true love...

Atherosclesosis
by T.L. Verley

The true love of which all seek
but seldom grab onto
The real stuff of which all speak
but seldom ever do
Above riches, reputation, and all of self
We need it like air
Yet it sits on the shelf
Our tender souls we won't share
Afraid to be hurt and won't take the time
It won't be your's this way
Nor will it be mine
Tis a futile game we play
We fake it with imposters in the beginning
In between what we convince ourselves counts
And we make believe we are living
While we are dying in large amounts

Learn young, hold out, and when it comes hold on
Make love the roots of all you do
Your tree of life will be beautiful and strong
And every phony that did not will wish they were you.

--

Poetry, movies, television shows, etc, can help to teach the youth. I want to teach the youth to find true love.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: November 14, 2022, 01:23:12 PM »

Bezos just announced that he is going to donate his money to charity before he dies, and I recommended that he learn from Matthew 25; 31-46 in the Bible, and that he help the Foster Children and the Homeless People, and he can donate schools and libraries in the poor areas of the world and in the ghettos of the world.

And maybe Bezos can help inspire other business leaders to be more altruistic.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: November 14, 2022, 01:52:23 PM »

With what you have become she does not miss you anymore. She has found a nice Estonian boy instead.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: November 14, 2022, 02:10:49 PM »

News From Arizona Election Central

Warren Harding has won the three electoral votes in Arizona

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: November 14, 2022, 05:36:15 PM »

China's carbon emissions since 2013 are greater that the total of Britain's carbon emissions since 1780, according to my no 1 morning radio host just now.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: November 14, 2022, 06:19:46 PM »

For what it is worth, Arizona allows voters to drop off their completed mail in ballots at any polling place on the day of the election. These ballots all need to have their signatures matched with the voting roles, which is a labor intensive task. Something over half a million votes are dropped off. They can verify about 50,000 to 75,000 a day. So about 7 to 10 days to count them. The Republicans put this in place, by the way, for reasons that are clear if you realize how bast and empty the state is outside of two metro areas and where some huge Repo majorities are.
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: November 14, 2022, 07:51:14 PM »

Bezos gave one hundred million dollars to Dolly Parton for her to donate to charity however she wants, that is awesome, the one hundred million dollars is a lot of money for the poor people of Tennessee and the money will go a long way in Tennessee.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2022-11-14/dolly-parton-courage-civility-award-jeff-bezos

He should help Crystal Gayle to do charity work in Kentucky, they can build a giant school and library and park right in the middle of the poorest part of coal country in Kentucky. Crystal Gayle is the sister of the late Loretta Lynn who the movie "Coal Miner"s Daughter" was about.

Salute,

Tony V.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: November 14, 2022, 08:16:04 PM »

For what it is worth, Arizona allows voters to drop off their completed mail in ballots at any polling place on the day of the election. These ballots all need to have their signatures matched with the voting roles, which is a labor intensive task. Something over half a million votes are dropped off. They can verify about 50,000 to 75,000 a day. So about 7 to 10 days to count them. The Republicans put this in place, by the way, for reasons that are clear if you realize how bast and empty the state is outside of two metro areas and where some huge Repo majorities are.

LOL!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: November 14, 2022, 08:43:01 PM »

The Loretta Lynn Kentucky State University can be built in Butcher Holler, Kentucky, it can be a giant wonderful school with a giant library and with a giant park.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butcher_Hollow,_Kentucky

We need to invest in building schools and libraries and parks in our poor areas.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: November 14, 2022, 09:16:27 PM »

Katie Hobbs to the state house; solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short Kari Lake to her own OAN show.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 09:19:57 PM by Hairy Lime »
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: November 14, 2022, 09:54:29 PM »

Katie Hobbs to the state house; solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short Kari Lake to her own OAN show.
Hobbs got 11 per cent of GOP vote in a race decided by 1 point.
Lake another casualty of sucking up to Trump.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: November 14, 2022, 10:13:19 PM »

To quote the astute political analysis of another person here:

DUH.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: November 14, 2022, 10:49:35 PM »

To quote the astute political analysis of another person here:

DUH.
e at night and revolution in the air...

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: November 14, 2022, 10:55:18 PM »

Republicans point fingers. Democrats cure ballots.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 593