Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 627

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 204024 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #1920 on: November 10, 2022, 03:44:54 PM »

Tony, get it through your head that Florida is a rapidly collapsing hell hole, a trap for feckless boomers who would otherwise be a blight on productive areas of the country like Anehiem or Lancaster.

What was immediately apparent to me when I came to California after extensive travels in the east and the heartland is that ghettos in California have better accommodations, more resources and better community feeling than middle class and upper middle class neighborhoods in most of the rest of the country. And those are the worst neighborhoods, the slightly better and even middle class neighborhoods are as nice as anyone could want while our extravagant opulence is as extreme as anywhere else while also benefiting from perfect settings. Many of our structures and much of our infrastructure is due for a rebuild, but fortunately in this state we have the cash on hand to do it and at the moment will see support rather than resistance from the Feds.

Florida is a state of sweat and anxiety, spiraling expense and deteriorating income, both driven by republican stupidity and boomer avarice.

You are gen x, Tony. At 55 it is high time you go back to school and learn from gen Z. Seek your answers in the students as well as the professors.

Choose yourself a completely new Associates Degree or Commercial Liscence. It is free to you in California in a way that just aint there for those poor fucks in Florida.

Remember education is Antifa and all fascists must go down.

Learn from Gen Z?
What?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: November 10, 2022, 03:50:16 PM »

More than you can possibly imagine.  Because your mini-sized brain can't imagine anything.  And you don't need a Harvard education to know that.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: November 10, 2022, 04:10:29 PM »

What I learnt from YouTube, TV news, and movies yesterday:

. Read and understand every word of the fine print in every contract/agreement you sign...never trust anyone...the written word trumps the verbal/implied word.

. People are having their bank accounts emptied by hackers...bypassing passwords and other security measures.
One woman in my world had $10,000, all her savings, milked from her bank account...no way anyone could've discovered her password, she said.
The bank said it was her fault and it won't be reimbursing her the money.
The bank (not one of the 'big 4') was named on 'the 6 o'clock news'...it is now reassessing its position.
The woman, on maternity leave, is taking her case to the consumer/banking ombudsman or somewhere.
She might get lucky.
If I were that bank I'd reimburse her the money immediately and review my security systems.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: November 10, 2022, 04:12:18 PM »

More than you can possibly imagine.  Because your mini-sized brain can't imagine anything.  And you don't need a Harvard education to know that.

I might understand better if you give me a few examples.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: November 10, 2022, 04:13:21 PM »

Tony, get it through your head that Florida is a rapidly collapsing hell hole, a trap for feckless boomers who would otherwise be a blight on productive areas of the country like Anehiem or Lancaster.

What was immediately apparent to me when I came to California after extensive travels in the east and the heartland is that ghettos in California have better accommodations, more resources and better community feeling than middle class and upper middle class neighborhoods in most of the rest of the country. And those are the worst neighborhoods, the slightly better and even middle class neighborhoods are as nice as anyone could want while our extravagant opulence is as extreme as anywhere else while also benefiting from perfect settings. Many of our structures and much of our infrastructure is due for a rebuild, but fortunately in this state we have the cash on hand to do it and at the moment will see support rather than resistance from the Feds.

Florida is a state of sweat and anxiety, spiraling expense and deteriorating income, both driven by republican stupidity and boomer avarice.

You are gen x, Tony. At 55 it is high time you go back to school and learn from gen Z. Seek your answers in the students as well as the professors.

Choose yourself a completely new Associates Degree or Commercial Liscence. It is free to you in California in a way that just aint there for those poor fucks in Florida.

Remember education is Antifa and all fascists must go down.

I have always been proud to live by Hollywood, and I always enjoyed serving the stars at various jobs, I always thought it was cool to be able to meet the stars. As a child I washed dogs for my Grandmother who was a Dog Groomer, and we used to groom dogs for stars sometimes, I washed Victoria Principal's dog when I was a kid, and she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. And I managed a dog kennel with many famous customers, and I worked for Suzanne Pleshette, and I drove a limousine in Malibu, etc. I always enjoyed serving the stars and being around the stars. I always wanted to work in the Entertainment Industry, and I wanted to live in Malibu. I almost made it, I lived on the beach in Malibu for one year in a beautiful home, but I could not get any work in the Entertainment Industry, I spent a fortune on headshots to send with my resume, but it is a hard industry and I could not even get an agent. But, I had to try, and I am glad I tried.

At this point I am focusing more on the behind the camera stuff, and the writing, etc, and I would like to produce, etc. A couple of my heroes were Lew Wasserman, and Aaron Spelling, who proved that one is never too old to be a producer or to run a studio. I can also direct, I could direct Shakespeare, etc. Cecil B. DeMille went to the same acting school that I attended.

And yes, I can learn from the younger people, and I hope to find a smart wife who can teach me, we can teach each other, and it would be cool to find a wife to write and produce with, etc. And it all begins with going to the Chapman film school and meeting new people and getting involved with their activities and workshops, etc, and I can get a tutor to teach me how to use this Apple Laptop and to put the programs on it that I need. I can meet a whole new group of people by going to the film school. And I can act in student films for free for the students, I would enjoy that. I would like to find a wife who is about 30 years old who wants to write and produce, and maybe live in Italy someday and own a winery, etc, and maybe open a night club in Rome and shoot movies and television shows at Cinecitta.

On the issue of other jobs, I had a professor who worked at the Betty Ford Center in Palm Springs, and he taught me how they do their program, they helped Elizabeth Taylor overcome her drug addiction, and they helped Ozzy Osbourne, and a lot of other people. I thought about going to San Diego State University and becoming a Psychologist and then moving to Palm Springs and working at the Betty Ford Center. But, instead I decided to go to acting school.

The film school is too far to go a bicycle, and so I need to ride the bus, I have not been there yet, but it is somewhere over by Angel Stadium. I know how to get to Angel Stadium. I need to get involved with activities and workshops at the film school, and I need to hire a tutor and helpers. And maybe somewhere along the line I can find a great woman who wants the same dreams that I want, and maybe I can work as a team with a great woman and maybe together we can do great things, and it would be great to have a baby.

And I will always do charity work to help the Foster Children, and the Homeless, etc.

I need to find a wife, and together we can work together as a team to chase dreams and goals. And right now everyone wants to help and support women, I can love and support a wife and help her to live her dreams.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: November 10, 2022, 04:29:03 PM »

Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: November 10, 2022, 04:52:02 PM »

https://greekreporter.com/2022/09/23/genz-vs-millenials/]]https://greekreporter.com/2022/09/23/genz-vs-millenials/

1.  On the one hand, Gen Zs seem to be experts in technology to the point they need minimal management. However, on the other hand, their generation is characterized by a lack of concentration, which is deeply affected by smartphones and social media trends.

#####

Well there you go.

_______
xxxxxxxx

2.   While Generation Z is slightly more diverse, they are far more passionate about diversity and speaking up about it. Racism is the most common cause among Gen Zs.

#####

Seems to be.
Racism is nothing new...bambu-ilk had anti-racism laws introduced....[and had corporal punishment banned in schools, and capital punishment banned in my society.]

______
xxxxxxx

3.   Growing up in digital dominance, social unrest, and through a global pandemic, Gen Zs are socially confused.

#####

Gen Z can teach me nothing. ...but I can teach Gen Z a few things
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 05:20:29 PM by bambu. »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: November 10, 2022, 05:32:33 PM »

My new representative at City Hall is Natalie Rubalcava, and she is going to have community meetings for our area, and I am going to go to the meetings and I want to be active in helping my community. And it is a good way to make friends and to meet women, but the main thing is to help our community.

I was in Kiwanis with the Chief of Police and with a lady who was Mayor Pro Tem on 9/11 and who was on the City Council. We went door knocking in the worst neighborhood and we brought the community together to reduce crime and to make it nice and safe for the children, and that area is still nice, we cleaned it up and it stayed nice. And it was all volunteers from our community helping our neighborhood.

I am going to go to the community meetings, that will be good.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: November 10, 2022, 06:16:10 PM »

.... and I want to be active in helping my community. And it is a good way to make friends and to meet women, but the main thing is to help our community.

That's a good impulse, Tony.  But if you are serious in wanting to be active this way, it may be less helpful to keep saying that over and over here in this forum.  Too much online talk can weaken your ability to get out there and take action.  Just sitting there and signaling (every day) how good you want to be can undermine your power to act on your intentions. 

Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: November 10, 2022, 06:56:42 PM »

Tony, one way you can help your community is to become a keyboard warrior, fighting the good fight from the comfort of your apartment.
Sending texts to radio stations using a screen name, same texts to social media/media.
Etc.
Every little bit helps.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 07:03:34 PM by bambu. »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: November 11, 2022, 01:14:08 PM »

Tony, one way you can help your community is to become a keyboard warrior, fighting the good fight from the comfort of your apartment.
Sending texts to radio stations using a screen name, same texts to social media/media.
Etc.
Every little bit helps.

Thanks Bambu.

I use this computer to the best of my ability to help people, I have been involved with many things on the computer over the years, and more recently I have been involved with the World Bank sending them ideas on an Economic Forum to help the world economy, and I have been telling them little ideas like investing in the ports in Mexico, and expanding the Modeling Industry to include Bogota, Colombia (There can be Paris, Milan, New York, Los Angeles, and Bogota, as some key areas on Fashion and Modeling, and they can also expand the Entertainment Industry in Colombia). And I taught Turkey how to lower inflation, and how to make it better in Turkey. I try to use this computer to help however I can.

Thanks again.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 01:57:18 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: November 11, 2022, 02:12:51 PM »

Etc.
Every little bit helps.

Nothing you do helps anyone, Bambi. You suck and suck and suck, just never in a good way.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: November 11, 2022, 02:51:59 PM »

One observation that I was able to share with the World Bank on their Economic Development Forum on the issue of educating and training the people in the developing nations is that people are more willing to accept Tariffs on Imports as a means to fund education and training for their people, but they do not want for the hard working construction workers and truck drivers to pay taxes to fund the education for other people. If the money comes from the local workers then the workers do not want to fund the education programs, but if you use Tariffs on Imports to fund the education and training then the people will support the plan.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: November 11, 2022, 06:15:13 PM »

Etc.
Every little bit helps.

Nothing you do helps anyone, Bambi. You suck and suck and suck, just never in a good way.

I disagree.
It worked getting rid of corporal punishment in schools, and ridding my landscape of death chambers.
Hanging people then putting their heads on display...is no more.
They put Ned Kelly's decapitated head on display, someone stole it.

Letters to the media gave/give the activists ammunition.
As do calls and emails/texts to radio stations today.
Sit back and do nothing, the politicians/govts will just walk all over you.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: November 12, 2022, 04:41:25 AM »

Went to my mall yesterday...small by mall standards...and there it was, as I walked thru...a smallish but still big enough to definitely be noticed...a nice Nativity scene.
Still some Christians left.
All is not lost yet.
There's still some hope.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 627