Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2681 2682 [2683] 2684 2685 ... 2729

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 502871 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #40230 on: March 25, 2024, 12:51:16 PM »

If we were serious about legal immigration,
We are serious about LEGAL immigration.
Biden and his team of incompetents can not figure out what to do about ILLEGAL a immigration
Thank you for catching that error. I will fix it.

Biden did figure out what to do about illegal immigration, and in a bipartisan way. It was Trump and his bootlicking flunkies like you who sunk it solely to preserve what they see as a winning political issue.
Typical of you to resort to blind partisanship.
Biden wiped out Trump executive actions amid his promises to fix the border
FAIL!
It was not until  this year that he appealed for Congress to give him more money even though he had both the House and the  Senate in control of democrats for two years.
He has asked for more money for border enforcement before.
His recent request was to counter the overwhelming negative public opinion of his handling of the border. L
Great!!!! Now you can vote for him with a clear conscience!!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40231 on: March 25, 2024, 01:17:43 PM »

A New York State appeals court has reduced the Trump bond requirement  of $ 454 million by 36 %.

You can now buy in its entirety what used to be an important American political party for the low low price of 175 million dollars.

The FSB and the Iranian republican guard are already passing the hat around to make this new acquisition.

Musk says it is clearly a bad investment and not worth your time, so buyer beware.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40232 on: March 25, 2024, 01:58:02 PM »

A New York State appeals court has reduced the Trump bond requirement  of $ 454 million by 36 %.
Meanwhile, get your popcorn ready...

Judge Rejects Trump's Attempt To Delay Hush Money Trial
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-stormy-daniels-delay-trial-april-15_n_6601a3e7e4b09f0d7258d1e5
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #40233 on: March 25, 2024, 02:31:23 PM »

I did not mean to pour cold water on Luee's Alaskan Prison idea.  It could be totally awesome and a great way to assimilate these criminal trespassers storming into our country just because they're afraid of being killed, tortured, or starving to death.  I would like to hear more details and better understand how we can teach alien invaders that there is no excuse for rude trespassing. 

And I'm sure that manual laborers who have come here in hopes of doing backbreaking farm labor or gutting fish all day really need the penal system to teach them the value of honest hard work.  Leave the fish gutting and crop picking and roofing to the millions of Americans eager to take those jobs.  Countless millions of young Americans have put away their PlayStations and bongs to stride up and down our nation's streets in their search for fish to gut and crops to pick and asphalt shingles to hammer down.  I hope Luee will further explore the many pedagogical opportunities that his modest proposal might present. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #40234 on: March 25, 2024, 02:44:23 PM »

62%.  The reduction is from 464 million, by 289 million.  Leaving 175 to pay as bond.

I know what a stickler you are for facts, so I hope this basic math is helpful to you.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 02:46:31 PM by Oilcan »
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40235 on: March 25, 2024, 02:47:53 PM »

Jimmy does not have the beans left upstairs to contend with arithmetic.

Speaking of which, observations about sad mister Poorleone himself,

http://www.salon.com/2024/03/25/forensic-psychiatrist-on-physical-signs-of-mental-decline-changes-in-movement-and-gait/

My grandfather had the same condition towards the end of his life. It became increasingly apparent after my grandma died. He hung on for a couple of years, until the ripe old age of 93, but at no point once symptoms became glaringly apparent would I have handed him the nuclear codes.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40236 on: March 25, 2024, 02:49:18 PM »

Certain degenerative brain conditions can strike at a range of ages or not at all. When they do strike, they are categorically disqualifying from certain responsibilities.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #40237 on: March 25, 2024, 02:57:13 PM »

The Latinos have a strong lobby and a strong voice right now in California, for instance, when I was a teen we used to cruise Lancaster Blvd, and Van Nuys Blvd, and Sunset Blvd, and it was a lot of fun, but then cruising was banned, the stuffy old people said that the cruisers were disrupting their peaceful community. But, now 30 years later cruising has been brought back by the Latinos, the Latinos said that cruising was part of their culture, and they made cruising a cultural issue, and now cruising has been brought back, and you are now allowed to have cruising in California.

The Latinos have power here now. And we have Sabrina Cervantes, and Wendy Carrillo, and other powerful Latin women. 

We can solve the immigration issue the same way that cruising was made legal again.

Of note, I tried to move to Rome, Italy, and I tried to find work there but I could not get any work, so I had to come back to California; and it should be the same way for the USA, if you can come here and work and support yourself then you should be allowed to become a Citizen, it needs to be easy and fast to become a Citizen. But, I could never just move to Italy and go on welfare, I could not live in Italy because I could not find a job, and it needs to be the same way here, if you cannot find a job in the USA then you need to go somewhere else where you can find a job.

Also, Canada is nice, and Victoria, Canada, has a Kiwanis Village to help refugees, we need to remember that the poor refugees can seek to live in Victoria, Canada, as well, and they can get peaceful jobs working in the forest of Canada, they can send lumber to the USA to be used to build houses for the homeless here.

If we work together, including having Canada on our team, and if we take advantage of the strong Latin Lobby, and with Sabrina Cervantes and with Wendy Carrillo, and others, then maybe we can get a good Immigration Bill passed, like Reagan did, and we will be able to make our immigrants legal so they can come out of the shadows and call the police in the case of an emergency, and so they can join labor unions, and so they can be protected by our laws, etc.

I think we can get a good Immigration Bill passed soon which will include a "Good Neighbor Policy."

Also, we can send the workers to where the jobs are, if jobs are available, we can send them to the appropriate union, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 03:01:09 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40239 on: March 25, 2024, 03:15:22 PM »

62%.  The reduction is from 464 million, by 289 million.  Leaving 175 to pay as bond.

I know what a stickler you are for facts, so I hope this basic math is helpful to you.
It is. Probably more helpful to Trump. 
35 % is what

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40240 on: March 25, 2024, 03:17:37 PM »

Arithmetic and formatting. Proofreading is completely out of the question.

My mental deterioration bingo card for Red is filling up at a prodigious pace today.

New York did open things up for concerns that contemplate a sub twenty percent return on the fire sale to consider posting the bond for sad fat Poorleone.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 03:21:19 PM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40241 on: March 25, 2024, 03:26:37 PM »

It is a high scoring close run affair to see whether the US House republicans or the UK Commons tories lose more members to resignation before the next round of general elections.

Predicting the outcome would be like trying to place a bet on a rabid dog race down at the track.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40242 on: March 25, 2024, 03:29:45 PM »

It is. Probably more helpful to Trump. 
35 % is what
One percentage point less than you initially cited. Or was that not a question? I mean, you did not include punctuation, but it read like a question regardless.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40243 on: March 25, 2024, 03:34:40 PM »

I applaud you for trying to tease out some reason from our lumpiest imbecile. I doubt it will work.

Imagine that kind of exchange being the dominant subject matter with every meeting that included our chief executive. The country would seize up and destroy itself like a badly used and badly designed ICE engine.

I much prefer four more years of thoughtful and capable doers getting things done like this,

http://www.huffpost.com/entry/biden-6-billion-investment-industrial-decarbonization_n_65fdf600e4b07ab1286edf77

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40244 on: March 25, 2024, 03:35:58 PM »

Arithmetic and formatting. Proofreading is completely out of the question.

My mental deterioration bingo card for Red is filling up at a prodigious pace today.

New York did open things up for concerns that contemplate a sub twenty percent return on the fire sale to consider posting the bond for sad fat Poorleone.
It is doubtful NY would force a sale anyway, since Tru.p's properties are so far in debt NY would be so far down as a creditor that forcing a sale would get them little or nothing. I suspect they would have gotten in line, and then worked with the superior claims when the verdict gets affirmed.
Pages: 1 ... 2681 2682 [2683] 2684 2685 ... 2729