Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 673 674 [675] 676 677 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 915351 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #10110 on: January 09, 2020, 08:55:03 PM »

Mudiay is on a one year

Where do you think he ends up - and in what role next year?

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #10111 on: January 09, 2020, 09:04:12 PM »

[Cough]

Maybe him and Kornet end up back with the Knicks. 

DONK

Seriously. 

Your guess is as good as mine. 

A team with an established defensive culture, such as Miami or San Antonio might make for a nice soft landing.  Or he might have found a home in Utah.  They have a positive competitive culture. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10112 on: January 09, 2020, 09:57:05 PM »

There are 30 starting jobs

Shame the pups from the draft usually take some of them - ready or not

But maybe EM

a)  likes to win
b)  doesnt want the added pressure
c)  isnt chasing every buck

Playing 18-20 minutes a night is a good way to have a long career.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Hey Kamster
« Reply #10113 on: January 09, 2020, 10:43:20 PM »

Ur friend Enes, best player on the Cs today

E. KanterC    17 min   4-7   11 rebounds   2 assists   +11 (best of the Cs)   8 points

"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #10114 on: January 09, 2020, 10:47:57 PM »

There are 30 starting jobs

Shame the pups from the draft usually take some of them - ready or not

But maybe EM

a)  likes to win
b)  doesnt want the added pressure
c)  isnt chasing every buck

Playing 18-20 minutes a night is a good way to have a long career.

Recognizing his limitations and shortcoming, his physical stature and solid trunk-lower body kicked in with more stamina, and playing in China, and hence missing out on playing one year for Larry Brown in Texas, really stunted his growth coming into the pros, and then Jamaal Murray came to Denver and supplanted him as the main rudder in no uncertain terms. 

He wanted to get better, and Fizz kind of doted over him...remember that bit at the end of the season, where Coach was histant to toss him out there with some collective injuries, not wanting to queer his coming free agency. 

I'm happy for him, and while I like Elfrid Payton, I'd have felt better if we kept Mudiay as part of the scrum, rather than enlisting Ellington, pro though he might be. 

Hey, OKC is doing pretty good playing Paul at the same time as Schroeder and Gigorious, or what ever the name of the stud muffin from Kentucky is they copped with Gallo and all of those additional damn draft picks they shook down the Clippers for as ransom to liberate Paul George. 

Anyway, I'm happy for the kid, and still rooting for the evolution of Snake Bit Smith who is quite likely to blossom...for another team. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Chris Paul
« Reply #10115 on: January 09, 2020, 11:37:48 PM »

Worth every penny. 

WOW. 

And against the Rocket no less. 

Leading a total beat down. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10116 on: January 09, 2020, 11:46:41 PM »

Iiiiii dont think they are dealing him

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #10117 on: January 10, 2020, 12:03:31 AM »

Iiiiii dont think they are dealing him

They have a chance of making some noise in the playoffs. 

Schroeder is 26, and Gilgeous-Alexander is 21. 

Nice leader, and team captain, to emulate through the summer of 2022. 

They have a positive growing culture in OKC. 

An expiring 22 in Gallo this summer, though he might be a keeper. 

AND DRAFT PICKS. 

They own the less favorable of the Knicks and Nets second rounders in 2020.

And an astonishing selection of first rounders over the next 3-4 years.  First rounders and swap rights. 

And Paul to Captain for three of those. 

PS: Paul with 18-6-5-4 (with one turnover) on a night Westbrook was welcomed back home and put up 34-2-5 (and seven TOs). 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10118 on: January 10, 2020, 01:10:24 AM »

I thought he was a rare example of improvement through his stay here.

Of our reclamations and nobodaddies, everyone improved but Zonja.

Mud got better and turned himself into a legit NBA player.  When we got him, he was nearly out of the League (when he couldn't finish, defend or shoot).  Conditioning and confidence helped.  But even after improving with the Knix, nobody really wanted him, he got a 1 year $1.7M min(?) deal, and was UTA's 3rd string PG until Exum proved too fragile to play .  As noted, even with Conley out and Exum gone and no other PG, UTAH doesn't start Mudman.

Actually they have one other PG, Nigel Goss-Williams a 25 year old form Gonzaga who was a #55 pick a couple years back.  Has played 28 mins in 9 games.  I never heard of him, but maybe some 'Zaga/college hoops followers know who he is.

I prefer taking a look at Payton, rather then another year of Mud.  I still see Mud as a mistake player, and at most a backup PG.  Unfortunately, neither of them (nor Franc/Jr. Smith) can make 3's.

I do wish we had some more continuity and last year's development didn't go to waste (but it did nab us RJB, who also can't shoot).  I would have welcomed Kornet and Vonleh back.  But we brought in a slew of Bigs. 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 01:12:13 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10119 on: January 10, 2020, 01:13:12 AM »

You can see the appeal of Portis.  He has skills, he plays hard.  But he's very inconsistent and combined with crappy D, means he's frustrating and somewhat marginal.  I get the feeling Portishead needs to work on his mental approach.  Yoga, meditation, sports psychologist ... Well, that's too speculative for fans, but it's part of the athlete package ... 

I need to watch more and see just why his D is bad. 
One play v. UTA, Portis left Bogman in the far corner to double down in the paint, giving up a wide open 3 to a great shooter.  Jazz announcers laughed at that Knick faux pax (without singling out Portis).  It was a strange decision by Portis.  The interior threat wasn't great, and any rotation should have happened from elsewhere.  It's like he just got antsy.   For his gambit to work, two other Knix would have had to start rotating almost immediately when Portis decided to gamble.  It wouldn't have made sense to leave a weak shooter let alone a prime 3-baller.  You have to know the personnel and your responsibilities.

Otherwise I was amused when Portis did one of those Melo-style wind-up block attempts and just whacked KCP in the head.   Does Portis just react before he thinks, or is his thinking process flawed (ie is he thinking too much and just making bad decisions)?  Even worse, maybe it's a combination of both.

Well, at least we have higher level and more experienced castoffs than last year.   A step forward.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10120 on: January 10, 2020, 01:23:17 AM »

OKC finds themselves in a nice middle ground.  They can keep CP3, let him mentor away this year, and probably get their young guys some playoff experience.  Then think about what to do with CP3 next year when his contract is shorter.  Otoh, they do have a Sell High moment, while CP3 is both healthy and playing well.  So gotta see what you can get before he tweaks a hammy. 

Stick with CP3 and Gallo?  Move one or both.  They both could help playoff teams.  Being a winning team and 7 seed, they can take their time.  Lotta options, but not so clear what is the best path forward.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10121 on: January 10, 2020, 08:30:42 AM »

Nerlens Noel has had a fine season.  Free agent and will be 26 next year

Bazley is 19, Diallo and Ferguson 21

Can they keep or replace Danilo?  And Adams after next year?  Can they sign one more key guy?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10122 on: January 10, 2020, 08:35:25 AM »

Cleveland moves ahead of us with 11th win after being down 11 at half on the road.

Love shooting 46/38/84 - great player

Bit of a breakout game for Garland
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 08:40:03 AM by kiidcarter8 »

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10123 on: January 10, 2020, 10:04:33 AM »

I guess the positive spin on our "develop & then jettison."
We were in need of players who might become starters on a quality team.
All were dice rolls. Some grew, but none looked destined to achieve that level after extensive testing.
Cleanly move on to the next more expensive group.

** And half a season later on different teams with plenty opportunity, none still look headed to that level, so wise choice to move on

*** As previously stated, I personally don't approve of last year's "plan" on any level
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 10:12:01 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10124 on: January 10, 2020, 12:09:17 PM »

Mudiay would have stayed - and fairly cheaply.  That's the point

What was the reason he was let go - beyond needing every cent for two maxes?

I have defended mgt this year - just thought that - and Kanter - was foolish.
Pages: 1 ... 673 674 [675] 676 677 ... 1848