Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 908 909 [910] 911 912 ... 1861

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1145517 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13635 on: October 05, 2020, 04:25:24 PM »

Miami plays zone

LeBron down a notch for me last night with his antics, sure to draw a technical by other players.

Still a big supporter of his, of course.

LBJ being told he isn't champ this year would be like telling Trump he is no longer President.

LBJ won his contests. When LBJ loses by 3 million points no one confuses it with a win.

LBJ will always be a real champ. Trump will never be a real president.

Continue, though with your full throated embrace of the fugazi.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13636 on: October 06, 2020, 10:57:22 AM »

love this headline: ‘Epidemiologists just wanna vomit’: Doctors disturbed after Trump removes his mask at the White House

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/10/06/trump-coronavirus-mask-doctors/?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0Czv6ucTpaxF-ndT8iOL-JHvhH5DyVdOEFv2X35i73w5DHQqxrq2cJ8P4

and kiid was worried about the homeless folks not getting the info
...lmao
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13637 on: October 06, 2020, 11:32:50 AM »

Good morning, Les

That's a pay site.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #13638 on: October 06, 2020, 12:03:18 PM »

lol, my bad! I carelessly forgot the homeless AND indigent issue. Here's the piece, though it's really the headline I love:

Shortly after being discharged from the hospital treating him for the novel coronavirus, President Donald Trump on Monday climbed onto a White House balcony — and then peeled off his mask to salute Marine One as it flew away. After waving, Trump turned to go inside, still maskless.

Following a weekend of mounting horror among medical professionals and commentators fretting over Trump's handling of his own infection, his actions Monday — particularly removing his mask and walking into a room frequented by White House staff — left them worried and frustrated yet again.

“What White House staffer would still wanna go to work tomorrow???” Eric Feigl-Ding, an epidemiologist and health economist with the Federation of American Scientists, said in a tweet Monday night. “Epidemiologists just wanna vomit.”

Dozens of medical professionals and commentators echoed Feigl-Ding's concerns Monday night, slamming the president for posing and then reentering the White House without a mask even though he is still suffering symptoms of covid-19.

Some medical experts were not just concerned for White House staff, but for the president himself.

Ilan Schwartz, an assistant professor at the University of Alberta's division of infectious diseases, said the president appeared to be struggling to breathe in a brief clip that showed him standing outside the White House.....

CNN's chief medical correspondent Sanjay Gupta was also among the doctors disturbed by the president's actions on Monday.

“There is stuff that is pretty reckless, but at some point it’s just becoming absurd,” Gupta said, according to a tweet shared by one of his colleagues at CNN. “A person with known contagious deadly disease — without a mask on — is walking into the residence. Other people are around him.”

The heightened risk of coronavirus for people working within the White House has had many on high-alert as the virus spread quickly among individuals who had close contact with Trump last week. At least 10 people who attended a ceremony in the Rose Garden last week to mark the Supreme Court nomination of Amy Coney Barrett have since tested positive for the virus.

That risk has been particularly concerning for the staff at the White House residence, where Trump and first lady Melania Trump, who has also tested positive for the virus, live. Many of the ushers, butlers, housekeepers, cooks and other employees who work there are older Black and Latino people, The Washington Post reported, which may put them at a higher risk of potentially deadly complications from the virus.

» READ MORE: White House staff, Secret Service eye coronavirus with fear, anger

At least two housekeepers have tested positive for the virus in recent weeks, and workers in the residence have been encouraged to use "discretion" in speaking about their exposure to the disease.

The controversial moment when President Trump entered the White House without his mask reverberated beyond the medical community Monday night.

MSNBC host Joy Reid called the president "Typhoid Trump," a reference to an asymptomatic woman known as "Typhoid Mary," who unwittingly spread typhoid fever to dozens of people.

“Have to admit I was thrown tonight by the hideous display Trump made of himself tonight, taking his mask off at the White House, with people around whom he could infect,” Reid said in a tweet.

*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13639 on: October 06, 2020, 12:06:19 PM »

Simply copy the main part of the headline, paste it into google and voila,
usually plenty of other sites have the same article.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/twitter-reaction-trump-face-mask-white-house-covid_n_5f7bbc34c5b60c6bcc60acc4

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronavirus/donald-trump-coronavirus-mask-removal-angers-epidemiologists-doctors-20201006.html

The Boston Globe had it too, but they make me take off my adblocker, which is fair enough, but a tiny hassle.

It's a pretty simple work around for pay sites.

I also find it easy to simply stop WaPo or NYT from loading before the paywall drops down, but that's probably courtesy of China throttling international websites.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 12:09:34 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Co-Owners
« Reply #13640 on: October 06, 2020, 12:13:22 PM »

Or - I may be wrong - in which case forum killer Bank will be around to correct me
- Prayers for all of DC -

True, Bank also owns you, as do Les, Chip, Fac, ...mostly ALL OF US HERE.

Carlos-kid seems upset at me again.

He was posting incorrect results about his picks in the football forum, and I called him out about it.

It was pretty funny, he admitted what I posted occured but he blamed me for his lies.

whaddya gonna do?

GO HEAT!

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #13641 on: October 06, 2020, 01:20:42 PM »

Also, opening a news site in an incognito window is usually good for a couple of reads.

**** Come on Down, part 39: Joint Chiefs of Staff all sent packing into quarantine, lol, #TrumpVirus

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13642 on: October 06, 2020, 04:27:30 PM »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/twitter-reaction-trump-face-mask-white-house-covid_n_5f7bbc34c5b60c6bcc60acc4

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronavirus/donald-trump-coronavirus-mask-removal-angers-epidemiologists-doctors-20201006.html

The Boston Globe had it too, but they make me take off my adblocker, which is fair enough, but a tiny hassle.

It's a pretty simple work around for pay sites.

I also find it easy to simply stop WaPo or NYT from loading before the paywall drops down, but that's probably courtesy of China throttling international websites.

I’m assuming you’ve not spent a lot of time recently in the type of New Jersey slum frequented by Kiid and haven’t been able to stay abreast of the latest colloquialisms. “Pay site” is what the lower imbeciles are saying When they jam their grubby fingers in their ears and chant, “nah nah nah nah nah can’t hear you” over and over again.

Some have speculated its part of a white fragility problem, like trump’s elaborate public suicide.

With these pop fad phenomena, who can really say?

chipstern

• View Profile
Scott Perry
« Reply #13643 on: October 06, 2020, 05:09:04 PM »

Time to put the freckled bird to sleep. 

I mean.,..Victor Oladipo

Why not Antonio McDyess and Jonathan Bender?  The man has an expiring contract and is coming off of a terrible injury. 

Draft Vassell or Haliburton.  And DO NOT TRADE Knox. 

PS: Dawg, who's next on the Trumpolini Infection Parade?

What's the over/under on Stephen Miller and Williams Barr? 

lesterluv

• View Profile
Re: Scott Perry
« Reply #13644 on: October 06, 2020, 07:02:11 PM »

PS: Dawg, who's next on the Trumpolini  Infection parade?

The smart money? Come meet your maker, Rudy G.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Trumpolini
« Reply #13645 on: October 06, 2020, 07:08:19 PM »

PS: Dawg, who's next on the Trumpolini  Infection parade?

The smart money? Come meet your maker, Rudy G.

Les, please say it ain't so.

I really want Bill Barr and Stephen Miller, in that order.

Clown Rudy can wait.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Miller
« Reply #13646 on: October 06, 2020, 07:41:24 PM »

One down.

Please, make it Barr go next!
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #13647 on: October 06, 2020, 08:35:32 PM »

Rudy G. did some serious coughing on some news show last night.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13648 on: October 06, 2020, 08:48:26 PM »

Wow.  An observant YG.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13649 on: October 06, 2020, 08:57:31 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 908 909 [910] 911 912 ... 1861