Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 931 932 [933] 934 935 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1063109 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13980 on: November 03, 2020, 01:51:21 PM »

Is that really true?  As a max player  CP3 takes up percentage of a team's cap.  So it should be an equal hit under any cap#, right?

I think your theory doesn't hold water.

Yes it is really true. My point, that teams financial risk is lessened because pandemic induced revenue reductions will result in reduced salaries, is very really true.

My theory hold water like a German-made Ortlieb drybag.

Percentage of cap doesn't change, yes. But that wasn't my point.

Point is it is not some mega risk. If you have the assets or can manipulate space and trying to go for it, you can go for it. If the season gets really f'd by rona, well, you don't have to pay so much. The subsequent year it's a big fat expiring. This ain't some crazy ass 5 years to go albatross. It's a lot of money to a really good player for a fairly short amount of time.

*** disclosure......I advocate trying to win at all times. I think trying to win is good for a franchise. I think young players develop better when mixed in with great players in the pursuit of victories, rather than when given unfettered minutes in pursuit of a lotto spot. No, I don't want to give up a whole lot for a player whose playing days are nearing their end and doesn't really coincide nicely with our long term future, but I surely can't argue with a measured deal for him. That said, I don't think any deal we would want to make will get it done.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 02:04:17 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
One Last Time
« Reply #13981 on: November 03, 2020, 01:57:42 PM »

One Last Time.

NO MORE QUUICK KNICKS' FIXES. 

God bless Chris Paul, but fuck him and Sam Presti both. 

Van Vleet Ain't Coming. 

I would be startled if Haliburton is sitting there at #8.  The Bulls, the Hawks and the Pistons all are salivating. 

For that matter, I would be shocked if Okoro is there at #8.  Yeah, yeah, I know, his shooting, but he projects as a Thibs main stem.  There were any number of cats who translated as all D & No-Ohhhh, who turned into pretty exeplary scoring/shooting threats.  Jimmy Butler springs to mind. 

Rather than any BIG DEALS, I think it more likely the Knicks stay put or try and get another mid-first rounder or maybe trade down for a package to get more picks.   

The fact that Knicks Fans, Media and Blog Douchenozzles are projecting all manner of give away all our assets in some of the stupidest trade proposals I have ever seen, depresses me only slightly less than the fact that Trump is in the White House and many people think he is God's elect.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13982 on: November 03, 2020, 02:33:27 PM »

NO MORE QUUICK KNICKS' FIXES.

God bless Chris Paul, but fuck him and Sam Presti both.

Well, thankfully you do not speak for Mr Rose, who will pursue all avenues.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13983 on: November 03, 2020, 02:56:29 PM »

KP lovers delight

https://www.nba.com/draft/2020/prospects/aleksej-pokusevski#/

I assume Chip also has HAYES gone, as well as Avdija

This would give us a choice between Okongwu, Vassel, Toppin, Pokusevski, Nesmith, Williams, Lewis, Smith, Anthony, Carey and Achiuwa.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13984 on: November 03, 2020, 03:31:54 PM »

NO MORE QUICK KNICKS' FIXES.

Seems to me bringing in Thibs is more Win Now (or as soon as practicable), rather than patient development.
I was all for Atkinson, who seems to be a good developmental coach.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13985 on: November 03, 2020, 04:30:27 PM »

Mike Scott, Tobias Harris, the #21 pick and the #49 pick for CP3 and the #25

We shouldn’t offer anything near that much.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Oh Knick fans.... so petty
« Reply #13986 on: November 03, 2020, 04:39:14 PM »

NEW YORK KNICKS
@nyknicks

“I feel like I just made a difference.” — Dennis Smith Jr. after voting

Joey ✊🏻
@joeymagrini

Replying to
@nyknicks
he should be trying to make a difference on the court
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13987 on: November 03, 2020, 06:15:58 PM »

Portis, Gibson, Ellington, Ntlikina, #38, a future protected #1 and a future #2.

For Paul, Isiah Roby and the #53

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13988 on: November 03, 2020, 08:14:56 PM »

Paul, Smith, Barrett, Roby, Bullock, Knox, Brazdekis, Randle, Robinson, Wooten, Pinson, Harper, #8, #27, #53

That's a solid 15 - with some free agent money still left.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13989 on: November 03, 2020, 09:18:47 PM »

I like this site for their analysis but their mocks, including this one, are often batshit crazy

https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

bodiddley

• View Profile
Election Night Jitters?
« Reply #13990 on: November 04, 2020, 01:08:03 AM »

Portis, Gibson, Ellington, Ntlikina, #38, a future protected #1 and a future #2.
For Paul, Isiah Roby and the #53

So they take on 3 bad one year contracts to get Franc and a future #1?
Why bother larding up on mediocrity?  No need for matching contracts (and in fact those guys aren't even on Knix payroll unless we pick up their options just to hand them to OKC).

Better for OKC to simply trade CP3 for Franc and a future #1 (they should ask for Knox as well).  Then they'd have tons of cap space.  If they want Portis, they could likely sign him for around $7M - $9M as a FA or use that money otherwise.  Cap space better than Portis for $15M or Taj for $9M. 

Even Franc not the most natural fit, since he'd be backing up Shai who is also 3-point shy.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13991 on: November 04, 2020, 11:28:16 AM »

This is why you hire a real coach

Per Hoopshype

The Phoenix Suns are building their franchise around Devin Booker, but the All-Star guard may not want to stay with the team much longer. Per Ryen Russillo on The Bill Simmons Podcast (starts at 68:00 mark), it’s “the worst kept secret” in the NBA that Booker wants to leave the Suns. Booker’s name has been floated around in trade rumors since the summer. Marc Berman of the New York Post reported in July that the New York Knicks’ hiring of head coach Tom Thibodeaux and president Leon Rose could put them in play for the 24-year-old: – via Adam Wells @ Bleacher Report

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13992 on: November 04, 2020, 11:29:21 AM »

And yeah - I know - Berman is a turd - save it

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13993 on: November 04, 2020, 11:37:56 AM »

I am sure the 8 is not good enough, but this is interesting

Aran Smith: Hearing same as @KevinOConnorNBA , Boston trying to package their three picks to move up, and the player the Celtics are targeting is bigman Onyeka Okongwu #nbadraft #nbadraftrumor – via Twitter nbadraftnet

Celts have 14, 26 and 30

That would give us 4 first rounders, with 3 picks in 5 at end of round 1 - then a 5th draftee at 38.  (trade fodder still, all of them)

Only problem is the guaranteed deals.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13994 on: November 04, 2020, 11:55:21 AM »

LaMelo Ball may be falling right in Leon Rose's lap - should Minnesota pass on him.

Wiseman wont get past CHA, Okongwu solidly up top , now AVDIJA to the Bulls mentioned at 4.

May have to start looking at what we need to give to move up to 5.
Pages: 1 ... 931 932 [933] 934 935 ... 1852