Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 916891 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #1500 on: October 27, 2018, 07:12:04 PM »

Brook Lopez for 3 mil or Ekant for 18?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: October 27, 2018, 08:06:12 PM »

Looking like Ainge may have to cash in his prime draft pick mid season

Just not the same C's.  Not sure Hayward will be any help til next year, if that

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: October 27, 2018, 08:16:16 PM »

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Pharoah & BoD & Dawg
« Reply #1503 on: October 27, 2018, 08:43:26 PM »

I am a big Kanter fan, and would love for him to remain a Knick, but considering his cap hold, and that it would take THE FULL MONTY MAX to even get Durant to sniff our shorts, let alone nibble on our ears, well, what is Turkish for best of luck.

Kanter really likes NY, and would be a fine backup C to KZ.  We could always renounce him (freeing up the cap hold), and then see what the market offers.  If he can't find a starting gig, or better than the $8M MLE (someone likely will dangle $10M or $12M, I suspect), we could re-sign him.

I was a harsh Kanter critic.  And his defense is still awfully problematic.  But he works hard, boards and scores inside, seems like a good teammate.  I also like the way he's taken to NYC and stood up to Erdogan at significant personal sacrifice.  He no doubt wants/expects a bigger role than 15-20 minute backup, but the NBA game has changed, making him anachronistic.

Given that GS can offer Kevin a fifth year and upwards of 40 million per, I don't find the argument that he would want to define his own brand in the Big Apple compelling. 

I really doubt KD would bail on a dynasty.
But I believe he's one of 3 players who make more in endorsements than NBA salary.  And he could count on likely an extra few $M off-court per year if he was in NY, up to an extra $10M if NYK actually won or became a true contender.

I think it's unlikely, but if you figure he'll get at least $20M that 5th year on a new contract.  Then he'd only need to make up $5M per year in extra endorsements over 5 years to get to the equivalent of $45M that 5th year.  Durant in NY would be a big deal and advertisers would jump on the bandwagon.

If KZ comes back healthy, Knox has a strong year and the Knix seem able to sort out the PG situation, we get a high draft pick, Knix might have a slight chance of landing KD.

Agreed and agreed. 

I really dig Enes.  A good cat.  Fizz has thrown down the gauntlet to him.  Be interesting to see how he responds.  Is indeed anachronistic. 

As for Kevin, well, think he was inspired to put on a show?  I'm trying to remember?  Didn't Kobe light us up for 60-80 points one night. 

GS is dynasty, and a template for championship ball these next five years.  Kevin might very well be taken by the big stage, and I found his comments about how MSG reminded him of playing at Rucker Park, only on the inside, intriguing.  But the notion that GS is Curry's team, and KD wants a team OF HIS OWN? 

A little thin. 

But for once in our existence, even though both are EXTREME LONG SHOTS, we will have the cap space and potential core of youth, to attract, least ways, make a pitch, to the two premiere game changers in the coming summer of free agency: Kevin Durant and Kawhi Leonard.  And unlike our pathetic pursuit of LeBron and Bosh during the Donnie Dullard Epoch, we don't have to gut our team to make a pitch and open up cap space. 

We shall see.  The notion of a KP-Knox-Durant front court doth give one pause. 

Meanwhile, a lot of interesting narratives and sub-texts amidst a sea of reclamation projects. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Pharoah
« Reply #1504 on: October 27, 2018, 09:08:36 PM »

Mario: Hezonja is frustrating in that he can come out and show so much promise one night and then float through the next. 6 points, 2 assists and 2 boards in 18 minutes on an inefficient 3/9 from the field including 0/4 from three. He just never made his presence really felt, but with a whole new unit around him that may have contributed to the issue. Combine that chemistry shift with the fact that he has a lot of talent means I'll try to stay patient.

Ditto Mudiay. 

I must confess to having a rooting interest in both.  The flashes of sheer talent both Hezonja and Mudiay flash remain tantalizing.  And Fizz seems committed to pushing their buttons. 

Reminds me about that scene in SEABISCUIT where the trainer is commenting about how they have their thoroughbred all confused, and how he's forgotten how to be a horse.   

Meanwhile...you could see Dotson coming on strong the last month of the 2017-2018 season, and have been impressed as how he remained focused and READY at the deep end of the bench when Fizz called his number. 

And Vonleh? Who knew. Love his motor, his intensity and his athleticism.  Not the most skilled motherfucker, but has been playing within himself.  Takes the sting off of losing O'Quinn, and what...O'Quinn turned 28 this past March, while Vonleh turned 23 in August.  Most significant takeaway compared to his previous stints?  Roughly 8 boards and 2 assists per 18 minutes.  Nice.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 09:15:33 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Free Wily
« Reply #1505 on: October 27, 2018, 10:54:50 PM »

Been checking in on Hornets box scores. 

Wily has been getting very little burn. 

Malik Monk, 1-for-8 tonight. 

Glad we passed and took Frank. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: October 28, 2018, 12:24:12 AM »

Monk was pretty good his first 6 games.  Playing bigger minutes at age 20.  14 3s made.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: October 28, 2018, 04:03:21 AM »

Not a Monk fan. His FG% is basically the same as his 3pt% (37%), which was also true his rook year.  Not my kind of player.  Has a lot to work on.

Kemba has been playing his ass off.
His 3's weren't falling on a B2B, but did counter with 14 FT's.

Saw BOS-DET.
Pistons took the first bad shot available.  Showed no patience on O, forced shots.  Celts D was good. they really smothered Blake, sometimes triple teaming him on drives.  Bulldog Drummond got hit with 2 cheapie fouls and never really got going.  RegJax was MIA.

Must admit, StanJohnson got me excited again.  He was dynamite on early offense attacks.  Popped in 3 treys (on too many attempts --8).
And relished D-ing up Tatum (2-9; 6 Pts).  Still has much to learn/improve, but just 22.

DET had been 4-0.  But besides beating PHI by 1 Pt when Blake scored 50, their 3 other wins were against 3 of the East expected lotto teams.

Saw a sloppy POR-UTA game a few days ago.  Jazz ran handoffs every other play.  Never saw a team so reliant on that.  With the freedom of movement emphasis, and guys getting foul calls when a player goes over the screen and they just stop, handoffs seem more common in the NBA this year.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 04:14:37 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: October 28, 2018, 12:00:54 PM »

Cavaliers fire coach Tyronn Lue after 0-6 start.

They can't figure out what's missing ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: October 28, 2018, 01:12:40 PM »

Usually when the coach leaves the assistant goes with him.

Lue didnt go to LA....

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: October 28, 2018, 01:37:46 PM »

Good effort by LAL last night vs Spurs

LBJ had a three to tie at :05

Not the best of games for Lonzo - but did fine in the 4th quarter run, playing some with Rondo.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 01:40:20 PM by kiidcarter8 »

chipstern

• View Profile
Spurs
« Reply #1511 on: October 28, 2018, 02:05:29 PM »

Demar Derozan a man on a mission. 

In 39 minutes:

14-23 [NO TREYS], 30 points
12 rebounds
8 assists
2 steals

So far he is averaging 27.2 ppg, 6.0 rebounds, 7.8 assists, 1.0 steal

Is it worth mentioning that Donnie Duh picked Jordan Hill ahead of DD?

Nah, just let it go, Chip, let it go. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: October 28, 2018, 02:10:39 PM »

Jordan Hill, the only guy who didn't look good in his own college highlight reel.  He was just longer than everybody, but awkward and didn't show any feel for the game.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: October 28, 2018, 02:36:59 PM »

Jordan Hill, the only guy who didn't look good in his own college highlight reel.  He was just longer than everybody, but awkward and didn't show any feel for the game.

SIGH

7) Steph Curry

8) Jordan Hill

9) Demar Derozan

"To be a Knicks fan is to suffer..."

PS: #29, Toney Douglas, #55, Patty Mills

PPS: Oh, well...

PPPS: Jordan Hill in the pre-draft workouts that sealed the deal for Donnie Duh

« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 02:40:50 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Telegram For Mongo
« Reply #1514 on: October 28, 2018, 03:35:09 PM »

Stefan Bondy: “Y’all coming off these screens bullshitting and lollygagging.” Rasheed Wallace to the Knicks big men.

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 1848