Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1097 1098 [1099] 1100 1101 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900500 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #16470 on: January 17, 2021, 03:27:38 PM »

lol, Kid so stupid on cue......

Elfrid showed himself again to be a flaming mediocrity. At best.

We are so much better with IQ, after what, 7 pro games? Elfrid in his 7th year, defense still sagging on him like jail pants on a white supremacist loser.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 03:29:44 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16471 on: January 17, 2021, 03:40:10 PM »

It will be Quickley‘s team shortly, If it isn’t already. That is how you should play for a coach on his birthday.

Elf had a really nice stretch in the 3rd quarter.

Celts are the underutilizing their Taco.

We look good when we get to practice. Best Obi game so far.

Pinson and Smith can go. There are palpably better players looking for jobs. 7-10 more games at most before we make some moves.

Sorry you had to see your guys look like that, Banks. Glad it was against the Knicks.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #16472 on: January 17, 2021, 03:40:58 PM »

Any game in which both Quickley and Toppin look excellent is a great game.

This was one of those.

Team defense seemed super active too, though it doesn't hurt when the Celtics offer an almost Knick-like display of terrible 3-point shooting.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16473 on: January 17, 2021, 03:44:39 PM »

Pretty weak argument.

Quickly outplayed Elf by far this game (and a few others recently).
Real nice game from Quicks.

I am happy when they both play well

And they are

No need for a change, says Thibs - and says I.  But immature Knick ants around here have to quibble.

Staaaaaaart the rookie!

Yeah, because that is an NBA norm

Heh

6-8

Onward.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Boston
« Reply #16474 on: January 17, 2021, 03:55:31 PM »

Hey Bank, tell your guys to take it easy on The Poor Knicks.

I mean, you will win, no need to give us a merciless beating, ok?

Carlos as a courtesy to you I put a call in to Brad and asked him to sit Tatum and play the kids, and he agreed but said Kemba might give it a shot.

No promises.

I got no idea what to expect.

Last time we chatted knicks were kicking ass,  what happened?

Thank you Bank. It was nice to win a quarter.

What happened? Knicks back to Earth.

And, all of what BoZ said.

Seems I missed a Knicks classic.

Carlos you owe me big!!!   :)

I'll have to read about the shit-show. Im watching Chiefs and Browns.

btw, I was in MSG on MLK Day 1987 (IIRC) when Louis Orr nailed a jumper at 0:00 a win another MLK Day classic from many moons ago.

Remember MLK's "I Had a Dream" speech, the part where he says, I dream of a time when little white boys play with little black boys-that's garbage time in the NBA blowouts.

To MLK, a very great man, taken from us way too soon.

Hope you guys enjoyed the game.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16475 on: January 17, 2021, 04:01:45 PM »

Yes, like PAT TILLMAN.  But Pat doesn't have a "Day".

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #16476 on: January 17, 2021, 04:13:46 PM »

Pat got ignored in his warnings about right wing fascist warmongering hypocrites. Unfortunately, the republican party is still with us.

Pat Tillman is smiling from Heaven watching the GOP fall apart in operatic acts of self destruction stemming from republican racism and tendency toward the dumbest possible acts of violence.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #16477 on: January 17, 2021, 04:17:44 PM »

Carlos as a courtesy to you I put a call in to Brad and asked him to sit Tatum and play the kids, and he agreed but said Kemba might give it a shot.

No promises.

btw, I was in MSG on MLK Day 1987 (IIRC) when Louis Orr nailed a jumper at 0:00 a win another MLK Day classic from many moons ago.

Remember MLK's "I Had a Dream" speech, the part where he says, I dream of a time when little white boys play with little black boys-that's garbage time in the NBA blowouts.

Yes, Banks:

I do owe you big.

Chamaco, you're so STOOPID it takes one's breath away. What does MLK have to do with Pat Tillman not having a "Day"?

Les, I forgot what was your IQ evaluation of Chamaco, but I think you need to review it downward, maybe 35 (and I'm being generous).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 04:19:48 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Best estimate = to Trump's Approval rating (currently 29)
« Reply #16478 on: January 17, 2021, 04:33:43 PM »

or maybe equal to Elfrid Payton's PER.... (falling fast and now below both Quickley and Franky's, of course.). Kid swore it was critical and promised to keep us updated daily, but you know how that goes.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #16479 on: January 17, 2021, 04:47:06 PM »

Kid is posting newsmax links over in the trump forum, so whatever your best estimate of his IQ was subtract ten or divide by two, whichever gives you the lower number.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #16480 on: January 17, 2021, 04:48:39 PM »

No promises.

Yes, Banks:

I do owe you big.

Chamaco, you're so STOOPID it takes one's breath away. What does MLK have to do with Pat Tillman not having a "Day"?

Les, I forgot what was your IQ evaluation of Chamaco, but I think you need to review it downward, maybe 35 (and I'm being generous).

Carlos-We should be kind it kid, he is after all Elba's village idiot.

He is limited,

As to IQ, kid's on a different scale.

When asked to spell IQ, has has trouble, even when spotted the "I".

Which is surprising given his fondness for "Q"

chipstern

• View Profile
Alan Hahn
« Reply #16481 on: January 17, 2021, 05:34:33 PM »

Interesting game.

Knicks gave Thibs the gift of defense for his birthday. 

Yes, Celtics without Tatum, but every team is dealing with injuries. 

Good to see IQ and Obi getting into good rhythm, post-rehab, and look how much more efficient RJ was only playing 29 minutes.  Julius with a +29, on 20-12-4 with three steals. 

Posted a dissent to all of the posters and Brother Alan Hahn himself on his FACEBOOK Post-Game Video Blog (I'm a big fan), with all of the inevitable TRADING RANDLE dissonance, which drives me crazy.  Man is playing like a leader, playing like a captain, and of course, Knicks fans once again never know a good thing when they have it, and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, a comment Alan found odd.  "We didn't draft Obi to have him sit." 

I believe Thibs is figuring out ways to have them on the court together, when matchups permit, as awkward as that might be coming out of the gate.  Yes, yes, I know, BoD. 

Now, would I trade Randle straight up for Bradley Beal? 

Wiping a tear from my eye?  Uh, yes I would.  But it would have to be at the level of getting a star back for a star. 

In other agita.

Kiid an infantile, right-wing idiot?  STOP THE SCHPIEL.  You guys are welcome to him.  You guys are welcome to him.  I sleep better at night not being exposed to something so unclean. 

What else?

Speaking of assholes, Stephen A. Smith excoriating Knicks for passing on Haliburton. 

Well, the Bulls, Pistons, Knicks, Suns and Spurs all passed. 

Haliburton was my pick, but given that we ended up with Quicley AND Toppin, it eases the pain.

As for the whole Peyton starting thing? 

A non-issue.  I think there is much IQ can learn from Elfrid, particularly on the defensive end of things, and having taken several games to regain his rhythm, post-injury, IQ is again in tune and tempo.  Hahn speaks to his inevitability.  Of course.  But I have faith Thibs knows what he is doing, taking the pressure off of the kid, while spotting him significant minutes and building his confidence. 

Likewise with Obi, vis a vis his big brother Julius.  A good outing for Obi.  His high arching trey (like Knox's) is a thing of beauty, and loved that one play where IQ found him on a back cut for a master blaster. 

Again, regarding Julius AND Obi.  This is a GOOD PROBLEM to have.  And if we trade Julius, suddenly we are quite thin at PF, eh? 

Get a grip Knicks fans, crying hunger with a holiday ham and a couple of loafs of bread under each fucking arm. 

FINALLY: Impressive game from Noels, and all of the Knicks, whether or not the fruit was falling, responded well to getting a practice in, with terrific defensive focus and cohesion.  And what to make of RJ?  Stinks up the court with awful shooting, then comes back with solid shooting and all around game, 19-11-3 and two steals, 2-4 from trey and 7-8 from the FT line.  This young man has character and cajones and no reverse gear.  Sucks, then puts in the work and comes roaring back.  Again, doesn't hurt to play 29 instead of 42, 36.  Has a long way to go, and his successful threes are generally the shortest corner threes, but we have a foundational piece as a big 6'7" 2-3 wing. 

See if we have any gas in the tank for tomorrow. 

Happy MLK, and Bette White, Knicks fans. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16482 on: January 17, 2021, 05:43:48 PM »

"And what to make of RJ?"

Folks should be learning not to microanalyze every game

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16483 on: January 17, 2021, 05:45:28 PM »

See if we have any gas in the tank for tomorrow.

heh

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chamaco's IQ
« Reply #16484 on: January 17, 2021, 05:47:34 PM »

Kid is posting newsmax links over in the trump forum, so whatever your best estimate of his IQ was subtract ten or divide by two, whichever gives you the lower number.

Wow!, we have several possibilities here:

Les (a) = Trump's approval rating = 29.

Les (b) = Elfrid Payton's PER = 12.3 (and falling).

Fac = my estimate of 35/2 = 17.5 (lower number than subtracting 10).

Bank = Q, whatever that equivalent might be, but like you said, different scale.

I propose, utilize the conversion scale of Fahrenheit to Celsius, where IQ = C = ((F - 32)/2)*1.1 = 2 (rounding up).

PS. Chip, reading Chamaco in small doses is very entertaining and gives you a glimpse into the minds of an awful lot of people. You should try, even if it makes you feel unclean.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 05:57:01 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero
Pages: 1 ... 1097 1098 [1099] 1100 1101 ... 1844