Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1174 1175 [1176] 1177 1178 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 910688 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Pharoah
« Reply #17625 on: March 18, 2021, 10:32:00 PM »

Where is Pharoah?

His review of this game would be most welcome!
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #17626 on: March 19, 2021, 12:58:19 AM »

Frank occasionally makes shots. But clutch ones?

Um. Not so much. Nope. No.

But tonight!

That 3 pointer with some three minutes on the clock? That was a beaut!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17627 on: March 19, 2021, 02:40:03 AM »

I like Frank taking it to the rack.

Hell of a game by Burks and a massive one by Randle.

At least this game Burks more effective w starters and Bullock (with the play of the game on the last stop) more effective off the bench.

Beating the bottom feeders takes some of the sting out of falling short against the titans.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17628 on: March 19, 2021, 03:23:50 AM »

Only caught the 4Q so far.
Funny how Bullocks went from the goat -- getting tied up and then losing the jump ball up 1 --
to getting a crucial steal to Win the game.  Terrible for Fournier to jump in the air to make his pass over to Vuc.
ORL was doing rather poor screens up top, including that play.
Around the 2:30 mark, ORL set a pair of screens up top for Fournier, but neither was effective at all,
so RJB just ran over top with barely a bump and stayed with Fornicator.  So when he passed back to Vuc at the top, Taj was
fully in place and Vuc tried a contested 3 with no one under to rebound.
A lot of poor ORL endgame execution.

Without a PG, Knix just relied on iso-ing Dr. Julius who would pass if they doubled.
Both Burks and Bullox missed open 3's on such action in the last 2+ mins.
Then when ORL got a wide open corner 3, it was Bacon who clanked it back rim.
One of those Open For a Reason characters.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17629 on: March 19, 2021, 03:45:09 AM »

Strange to see a game where neither team has a PG in the endgame or for much of the 4Q.  RJB and Burks took turns playing fauk-PG, but mostly Thibs rode Point-Julius.  ORl going with Fournier and Vuc.

Was that Burks 1st start of the season?
Shows that Thibs didn't trust Franc to be his primarily or main ballhandler.
So he needed Burks as a safety valve.  Reg not much of a ballhander (as the endgame showed). 

Rather odd that Knix surplus of PG's and combo G's has dwindled to just Franc.
Agree that this was a game custom-made for a Rivers comeback.  A missed op. 
(we missed Denny Jr. Smith!)

Didn't see the first 3Q's yet, but as for Bullocks better off the bench and Burks starting in this game: Reg entered the game after the first 6 mins with NYK down 10.  Then Reg played 36 mins, sitting only another 6.
Overall, Reg +16; Burks -12.

Nice to grind out a W, but ORl is a poor team.
And started Chasson "No Relation" Randle at PG.
That was the best stint I saw from Mo Bomb, which included a killer block on RJB and a straightahead 3-bomba.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #17630 on: March 19, 2021, 03:49:22 AM »

No mention of triple double randle yet.

Ok that's done.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17631 on: March 19, 2021, 05:54:49 AM »

Look four posts up, Kam.

Frank is A) coming along and B) worth bringing along based on what he contributes already. You saw a bit of it tonight and Thibs pulled Frank on a high note, which adds just a little to why I love Thibs.

You had a limited number of guys who manned up, balled out, and either played too many minutes or played to their upper limit in their shot, and got us the win. The Thibs blueprint basically.

Randle Barret Bullock Burks Taj Frank

To be fair, the backcourt we faced was Fournier, Aaron Gordon, Bacon, Chasson Randle and a rook.

I hope we get a practice in and a healthy body or two back before we see Philly again.

Randle has matured his game to the point where if he doesn’t regress and can get through whatever run we’re on fit to play on, I’m happy max extending him however and whenever he wants. That in my mind is enough to say straight up cornerstone for this build.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 06:00:07 AM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17632 on: March 19, 2021, 10:07:09 AM »

No mention of triple double randle yet.

Ok that's done.

Couple of real clutch jumpers down the stretch by our main man - who KNOWS when it is time the best players should step up (reason he has the ball ina tie/close game - yes - even bringing it up on occasion)

Leaders lead - and this isnt something JR was going to do early in his career.  Its teammate-dependent.  Lets remember this when discussing future free agents/trade additions.

17 assists?  Well, the guy is simply a very very good - and team-oriented offensive basketball player

(By the way, saw glimmers of the same from Barrett - who I have been saying lacks counter moves to his strong drives - RJ going left, seeing it blocked and reversing path to bring the ball back out.  Promising.)
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17633 on: March 19, 2021, 10:13:43 AM »

The max extension (4/$106M) seems fair.
Problem is Randle might wait til after next year to get a 4 or 5 year max contract, which is significantly more.

Otherwise, I have no problem overpaying for Lonzo Ball when he's a FA.
$20-$24M.  We could shave off $6M - $8M by simply flipping Franc for a high 2nd rounder.   Or re-sign Rose, drop Elf and hang on to Franc.  I look at it as the $6M+ savings on Elf/Franc lowers the real cost of Ball.  Generally you overpay in FA if you want to get a starter.  Bonzo is young and pretty good.

Bigger question to me  is how good is Ball and how much of a fit with NYK.  I tend to think NOPe is foolish to let him go.  Will try to see their games more.

That was a career high assists for Randle.  But I have yet to see the first 3Q's.  4Q Julius was more a workhorse, and a couple of his passes resulted in missed open shots.

Caveat: I haven't seen NOPe much and Ball has been excelling in a largely off the ball or at least combo G role, it seems.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17634 on: March 19, 2021, 10:28:32 AM »

The max extension (4/$106M) seems fair.

I think it will be more than this.

Wishful thinkers somewhere posted this.  And I havent seen it repeated anywhere.

As a 7 year vet I am fairly certain the numbers are much higher

edit -

Problem is Randle might wait til after next year to get a 4 or 5 year max contract, which is significantly more.

my bad - didnt read entirely - yeah - makes sense Randle would wait
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 10:41:34 AM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17635 on: March 19, 2021, 10:35:46 AM »

Extension candidates:

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-offseason-extension-candidates-giannis-antetokounmpo/

(in case we are looking to deal for any of them)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17636 on: March 19, 2021, 10:39:48 AM »

Do we rip up Robinson's team option year and give him 4-53.8?

Or offer him 3-39 on top of next year's low number - risking him saying no and being available for other teams to bid for '22-'23

If the Knicks new front office decides to keep Robinson long-term, they might as well commit to him now. They can give him three years $39 million over his current deal or decline his team option for 2021-22 and give him four years, $51 million. That is fantastic value if he pans out into the elite rim protector he has the potential to become.

Maximum possible contract: Three years, $38.9 million / Four years $53.8 million
Free agency age: 24 years old in 2022
Career earnings: $3,045,152
Agent: Rich Paul
Probability of extending: Strong

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17637 on: March 19, 2021, 11:18:43 AM »

4/$52M would be a good deal, locking up Mitch at another bargain rate, while still making sure he gets paid.  If I'm Mitch I would not be happy at all playing out next year on a minimum contract, at risk of injury and losing out on financial security.

Ant Edwards has been breaking out lately.
5 straight games with 20+ points.
With good shooting splits 47% / 39%

Kat and Edwards both scored 40+ to defeat PHX.
AntEd is just 19.  Terrific athlete.  Harnessing his game.

Funny, pre-season some thought ObiT and Avidja would be leading ROY candidates, basically due to their experience v. the relative youth of the other draftees.
But Toppings was always destined to be stuck behind Randle.  And Avdija has seemed rather passive (playing with ballhogs in Rustbrook and Beal).

Instead we have Ball, TyH and Quickly as the clear top rooks thus far.
Ball making a huge impact at 19.
TyH looking like a vet (how'd he slip again?)
Quix the biggest surprise, with his 3's, his floaters, his ability to get in the lane and draw fouls and make FT's.  Though we're seeing that he's not a PG, at least not yet.
Thibs has done a nice job pairing IQ with another ballhandler, first Rivers and then a  PG in Rose.  Lately I've been impressed that Quicks' defense has improved.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
The Ghost Of Johnny Most
« Reply #17638 on: March 19, 2021, 11:35:19 AM »

Bullock stole the ball

BULLOCK STOLE THE BALL

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17639 on: March 19, 2021, 11:40:48 AM »