Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1281 1282 [1283] 1284 1285 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 909370 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19230 on: June 18, 2021, 05:54:52 PM »

Chip

"...and LUKA upset with the Mavs."

This led to Luka being on my very short-list of considerables, as mentioned above.

this one would be complicated and have to involved other assets, but I'd consider it. Not sure how Tatum and Luka would fit, but it might be fun to watch. 

"And a host of untenable, absurdist trade scenarios in the blogosphere.  One of which would amuse Brother Bank, where we trade Frank for Marcus."

I can't see that as remotely equitable. My man Marcus took a fair amount of heat this year, as playing out of control, and some C-fans want to trade him. I think he tried too hard to carry a team that was taking hits seemingly every week. This past season was not a good one to judge players or teams. As we've discussed before, a lot of teams had problems with injuries and covid and the short-turn around time from '19-'20.

IMO Brad appreciates Marcus's bulldog toughness and competiveness and ways he can impact games. As I've posted before he's an acquired taste and brings intangibles that speaking as a fan are fun to watch (most of the time).

He is that, no, no, no, YES! guy.

I hope he stays a Celt.     
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 05:56:49 PM by bankshot1 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19231 on: June 18, 2021, 06:47:13 PM »

Golden State has a top 10 pick

And I like Simmons with Tatum

Warriors would do that trade in a heartbeat.

Celts would laugh at it.

And Simmons and Tatum could have been team mates in Philly if Philly had taken Tatum with the #1.

As you may have heard they payed up for Fultz.

Another guard who couldn't/wouldn't shoot.

Not interested in Philly headcases.

If you want a young star on a good contract you don't offer question marks.

LoL
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19232 on: June 18, 2021, 06:58:52 PM »

You guys checking in on Doc's funeral tonight?

So, so sad.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19233 on: June 18, 2021, 07:50:57 PM »

Udoka, Ham join Billups in Celts job hunt.

chipstern

• View Profile
Moving Forward
« Reply #19234 on: June 18, 2021, 08:08:05 PM »

Chip

"...and LUKA upset with the Mavs."

This led to Luka being on my very short-list of considerables, as mentioned above.

this one would be complicated and have to involved other assets, but I'd consider it. Not sure how Tatum and Luka would fit, but it might be fun to watch. 

"And a host of untenable, absurdist trade scenarios in the blogosphere.  One of which would amuse Brother Bank, where we trade Frank for Marcus."

I can't see that as remotely equitable. My man Marcus took a fair amount of heat this year, as playing out of control, and some C-fans want to trade him. I think he tried too hard to carry a team that was taking hits seemingly every week. This past season was not a good one to judge players or teams. As we've discussed before, a lot of teams had problems with injuries and covid and the short-turn around time from '19-'20.

IMO Brad appreciates Marcus's bulldog toughness and competiveness and ways he can impact games. As I've posted before he's an acquired taste and brings intangibles that speaking as a fan are fun to watch (most of the time).

He is that, no, no, no, YES! guy.

I hope he stays a Celt.   

Wasn't proffering a deal for Luka to the Celtics. 

Just noting the endless capacity of me fellow Knicks fans to pursue impossible dreams. 

Grant Hill
LeBron James
Chris Bosh
Kevin Durant
Kyrie Irving
Damian Lillard
Zion Williamson
Luka Doncic

Dame and Zion and Luka's names appear with much regularity on such speculative Blogosphere staples as DAILY KNICKS, and the work of such psilocybin addled handicappers as Brad Dressler. 

I was not suggesting that Ntilikina for Smart was grounded in any manner of reality. 

I was frankly baffled by the enmity which landed on Smart's shoulders.  Perhaps he tried to do too much, but an awful lot of responsibility was dropped on his shoulders when Kemba could not remain on the floor. 

Much of the enmity was coming from Kendrick Perkins, who has evolved into something of a...I don't know.  Always admired his tenacity as a player, but I do not place much capital in his analytical reasoning, and his hard on for Smart baffled me. 

Ideally, Smart is your sixth man, coming off the pine to pull minutes at the 2 & 1.  His three point shooting has evolved, but is not an area of strength.  However his playmaking, FT shooting, STOUT DEFENSE and competitive fire and selfless example are irreplaceable on the Celtics.  I sincerely doubt Brad has him on the block, Kendrick's hard on notwithstanding. 

Thibs would cherish him. 

With Smart and Pritchard, the Celtics are not set at PG, but things could be a lot worse.  The #16 pick would've given them a shot at a good PG, but such was the price of divesting themselves of Kemba's albatross of a contract and reuniting with Al Horford, who can surely give them 20 good minutes a night next season at the 4&5 spots.  Al and Tristan, let alone Robert Williams, do not confer much meaningful size, Tacko Fall notwithstanding. 

Anyway, Brad moved on decisively.  How deep will he dip for Fournier? Or the free agent market for a vet PG? 

As for Leon Rose? 

Inscrutable.  I'm pretty damn sure he wants to bring back Taj and Derrick, but for how much?

Alec Burks-and/or-Reggie Bullock?  Again, how much, how long, if at all.  They will get some offers. 

As will Nerlens Noel. 

Some of the FA names being floated seem wildly improbable [CP3, Kawhi, Dame], or tenable but expensive [DeRozan, Lowry].  Some which have not been floated, such as Conley or Dragic might be worth a whistle if the price is right.  With cap space, being able to sit on a garage sale candidate is not really tenable given Thibs' competitive fury, and his desire to step up come next November.  Magic's derision regarding Dennis Schroeder were hardly a ringing endorsement.  Do we pursue Ball The Elder?  Is that realistic target?  Do we actually deploy all of our draft picks, or package them in pursuit of a plum.  Can hardly see Thibs indulging a couple of 19-20 year olds next season. 

Anyway, my random thoughts, such as they are. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Trae
« Reply #19235 on: June 18, 2021, 10:05:28 PM »

No FEAR.

Damn

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19236 on: June 18, 2021, 10:20:50 PM »

Lou

0-5

0 points

Those dumbbbb Clippers.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
LOL
« Reply #19237 on: June 18, 2021, 10:22:49 PM »

You guys checking in on Doc's funeral tonight?

So, so sad.

Chamaco, you said it... often.

- Chamaco's Patriotism is not a phase. It's a daze. -
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 10:33:29 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19238 on: June 19, 2021, 11:22:49 AM »

Celtics head coaching hire HAS TO BE a person of colour or a woman.

Discuss

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Why?
« Reply #19239 on: June 19, 2021, 02:17:08 PM »

Celtics head coaching hire HAS TO BE a person of colour or a woman.

Discuss

Why on earth would we want to discuss your stupid questions?

Go back to declaring Doc’s funeral.

- Chamaco’s Patriotism is not a phase. It’s a daze. -
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
A Class Act
« Reply #19240 on: June 19, 2021, 05:10:30 PM »

Donovan Mitchell after the game: “I want to start this press conference off by saying, salute to Terrence Mann. I’ve played against Terrence since middle school. He’s always been a dog and a warrior.”

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: A Class Act
« Reply #19241 on: June 19, 2021, 08:30:26 PM »

Donovan Mitchell after the game: “I want to start this press conference off by saying, salute to Terrence Mann. I’ve played against Terrence since middle school. He’s always been a dog and a warrior.”
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19242 on: June 19, 2021, 10:45:44 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19243 on: June 19, 2021, 11:40:27 PM »

Lakers-deadmen

Nets-deadmen

Neidermeyer

GO Hawks!

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #19244 on: June 19, 2021, 11:40:43 PM »