Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1331 1332 [1333] 1334 1335 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1074955 times)

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19980 on: August 10, 2021, 01:34:27 PM »

I actually saw Dennis Schroder at a grocery store in LA earlier this year.. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Damn, man, what other stories you keeping from us?!

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #19981 on: August 10, 2021, 01:37:31 PM »

BTW, in a post last week, you wrote about the glass half-full, glass half-empty differences in looking at the Knicks. Your line about just taking pleasure in watching the glass fill up was killer. That was a perfect way of putting it. Totally agree.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19982 on: August 10, 2021, 04:07:23 PM »

Shroder to Celtics?

Please say it ain't so

Perfect fit.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19983 on: August 10, 2021, 04:15:30 PM »

Schroder is pulling a Sprewell style free agency. He should definitely fire his agent and probably cut back on bath salts as well.

Celts would be a really good fit in terms of skills and play style, though with their shaky team culture in the management shift he’s a big risk to blow up their locker room.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
L-O-S-E-R
« Reply #19984 on: August 10, 2021, 08:01:49 PM »

Schroder is pulling a Sprewell style free agency. He should definitely fire his agent and probably cut back on bath salts as well.

Celts would be a really good fit in terms of skills and play style, though with their shaky team culture in the management shift he’s a big risk to blow up their locker room.

This does NOT sound like something an agent would do. 

20 Million Per for Four Years to play with LeBron James on his final championship laps at the LA Forum. 

Saw quotes from him about how his COMING OFF THE BENCH DAYS ARE OVER. 

Hey, for the Celtics, going to war with Enes Kanter, Al Horford, Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart, is not a bad starting five, plus having Jabari Parker, Grant Williams, Aaron Nesmith, Romeo Parker, Josh Richardson, Kris Dunn and Payton Pritchard is not optimum coming off the bench, this is a transitional year, hoarding cap space, looking to 2022-2023.  Might be on the bubble as far as making it to the playoffs, but having a Top 1-15 pick would not be the worst thing in the world. 

According to Kendrick Perkins, admittedly something of a wind bag, there were chemistry issues last year. 

Hey, Tatum, Brown and Smart are high character guys from where I'm sitting, and so are Enes and Al, whatsoever the limitations in their game might be. 

Develop your young players and look to establish team chemistry moving forward with a new coach. 

Hey, BANK, whatcha think.  Do you really want to put Celtic GREEN on a motherfucker who felt insulted that someone wanted to "only" give him $80,000,000 to make a championship run with LeBron James? 

Sheeeeeet, you won't suck THAT BADLY.  Bobby Portis just signed on for two more years at what, $4.5 million per...per, we will compete for a championship on a winning team in a city I love, and trust the Bucks to break the bank, more or less, when they can according to the rules in the summer of 2023.  Bobby could have commanded some reasonably serious money around the league.  But he looks at Giannis and Kris and Jrue and Brook and thinks, I'M PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER THAN ME. 

Dennis Schroeder is about DENNIS SCHROEDER.  That spells L-O-S-E-R.

Not sure why I'm so obsessing over this, save that Kam's encounter really spooked me.  Cat making 15 million a year stealing candy bars and dissing fans...

A player only someone like Kiid could love. 

Schroeder?  Brad should offer training camp invites to Jeremy Lin and Jimmer Fredette. 

They offered you one year, 5.9 million, Dennis.  Smile for the camera, MF. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 08:06:53 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19985 on: August 10, 2021, 09:56:04 PM »

Smart of him to stay in the league. He could be good value to the Celts.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19986 on: August 10, 2021, 10:10:18 PM »

Hawks fans are enjoying their draftees.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19987 on: August 10, 2021, 11:22:09 PM »

21, 12 and 8 for the de-cornered Payton Pritchard

Na"Shaun Hyland goes for 16 and 7 in debut.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19988 on: August 10, 2021, 11:28:14 PM »

Hey, BANK, whatcha think.  Do you really want to put Celtic GREEN on a motherfucker who felt insulted that someone wanted to "only" give him $80,000,000 to make a championship run with LeBron James? 

Works for me Chip.

1 yr $6M and the guy playing his ass off to get the 4/84MM contract he said no to?

Great value signing by Brad.

He should be motivated to not be an asshole and bust his ass.

He's going to get a lot of minutes to help run an offense, for a team in desperate need of a PG/G, that has some some decent scoring options. Its a good fit. Maye he starts and Smart goes back to the 6th, which worked pretty well for him. And this further sets them up for another major piece either at the trade deadline or more likely next year.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 11:30:58 PM by bankshot1 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19989 on: August 10, 2021, 11:28:38 PM »

20 Million Per for Four Years to play with LeBron James on his final championship laps at the LA Forum.

My guess is THE KING treated DS like shit.

bodiddley

• View Profile
The Mature and Hugely Likable Dennis Schroder
« Reply #19990 on: August 11, 2021, 02:29:19 AM »

Possibly.
And if so, probably deservedly so.

Here's another odd tidbit:
Schroder averaged 15.4 points and 5.8 assists in 61 games -- all starts -- for the Lakers, but he was mired in controversy after he missed 11 days late in the regular season after entering the NBA's health and safety protocols. He told a German publication that he and LeBron James were the only Lakers players to not get vaccinated, before then telling local reporters upon his return that, "I'm the only guy that didn't get vaccinated. I'll just leave it at that."

So he rats out and hides behind LeBJ for his own poor decision.  Then backtracks.
Somehow not surprised that Schroder is a non-vaxxer.

Still a good pickup for BOS considering they didn't have a PG, and Schroder is on a  cheap deal looking to have a big contract year.  Though certainly a chance he mucks up Celts fragile chemistry and I doubt he provides any leadership.  Never liked his game, but at least he plays hard.

Kam, you should drop your story on Brad Stevens twitter account.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19991 on: August 11, 2021, 09:43:04 AM »

I see Nesmith went off a bit as well (33 points).  Have to check in on one of the Celts contests soon

What happened in Knick game three - or is that today?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19992 on: August 11, 2021, 10:02:00 AM »

Schroder averaged 13.3 drives per game last season, more than any Boston player.  He took 35% of his shots from 4 feet and in, compared with 21% for Smart and 21z% for Richardson.   - per HoopsHype

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19993 on: August 11, 2021, 11:59:10 AM »

Iggy gets a two-way from the Magic.

Knicks release their hold on Frank who is only just now fully unrestricted.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: L-O-S-E-R
« Reply #19994 on: August 11, 2021, 12:12:04 PM »

This does NOT sound like something an agent would do. 

Saw quotes from him about how his COMING OFF THE BENCH DAYS ARE OVER. 

Hey, for the Celtics, going to war with Enes Kanter, Al Horford, Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart, is not a bad starting five, plus having Jabari Parker, Grant Williams, Aaron Nesmith, Romeo Parker, Josh Richardson, Kris Dunn and Payton Pritchard is not optimum coming off the bench, this is a transitional year, hoarding cap space, looking to 2022-2023.  Might be on the bubble as far as making it to the playoffs, but having a Top 1-15 pick would not be the worst thing in the world. 

According to Kendrick Perkins, admittedly something of a wind bag, there were chemistry issues last year. 

Hey, Tatum, Brown and Smart are high character guys from where I'm sitting, and so are Enes and Al, whatsoever the limitations in their game might be. 

Develop your young players and look to establish team chemistry moving forward with a new coach. 

Sheeeeeet, you won't suck THAT BADLY.  Bobby Portis just signed on for two more years at what, $4.5 million per...per, we will compete for a championship on a winning team in a city I love, and trust the Bucks to break the bank, more or less, when they can according to the rules in the summer of 2023.  Bobby could have commanded some reasonably serious money around the league.  But he looks at Giannis and Kris and Jrue and Brook and thinks, I'M PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER THAN ME. 

Dennis Schroeder is about DENNIS SCHROEDER.  That spells L-O-S-E-R.

Not sure why I'm so obsessing over this, save that Kam's encounter really spooked me.  Cat making 15 million a year stealing candy bars and dissing fans...

A player only someone like Kiid could love. 

Schroeder?  Brad should offer training camp invites to Jeremy Lin and Jimmer Fredette. 

They offered you one year, 5.9 million, Dennis.  Smile for the camera, MF. 

A- unfair assessment on Schroeder

B - Celts not as bad as you say

C - it's Langford, not Romeo Parker
Pages: 1 ... 1331 1332 [1333] 1334 1335 ... 1852