Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1335 1336 [1337] 1338 1339 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1019054 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #20040 on: August 13, 2021, 10:54:10 PM »

Kiid is just getting used to his post-trump role as a violated rectum. He’s available if you know someone who needs a place to stub out a cigarette or hock a really thick gob of spit. He doesn’t expect to make as much as Giuliani does on Cameo, but losers take what they can get.

Spirited effort from Obi against the Pistons, despite very shaky games from Quick and McBride. We really missed Sims. Any report on why he was out?

Rest.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chamaco RIP
« Reply #20041 on: August 14, 2021, 12:05:37 AM »

"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20042 on: August 14, 2021, 01:13:38 AM »

It was actually a concise and accurate answer to the question.

According to the team, the Knicks were resting Jericho Sims tonight. The
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #20043 on: August 14, 2021, 09:20:10 AM »

I had Okoro, Killer Hayes and Jalen Smith as the the bad picks in the Top 10 of the 2020 draft.  Admittedly, I knew next to nothing about Pat Williams, as he was rising late on draft boards and Knix needed to draft anything but a PF ...

Seemed like TyH was a perfect pick for PHX, to slot in as a backup combo guard with an all around game.  Then they drafted Jalen Smith, who was useless and mostly injured during their storied season.  Having TyH might have turned the Finals, especially after Dev Book had his face rearranged in the semi-finals.  And to take a little pressure off of Chris Paul.

I thought Okongwu and Avdija went to perfect situations and would be more NBA ready.  Avidja and TyH were touted as the most NBA ready prospects.

I was high on LaMello, TyH, Vassell and Okongwu.

And while DET took a risk on Hayes, they did a nice job of mid-round drafting nabbing Saddiq Bey at #19 and Isaiah Stewart at #16.
Never understand why strong shooters like Bey got so late #19 with Des Bane down at #30.  Good shooting is a skill which usually translates well to the modern NBA.  Especially if you have good size/body such as Bey and Bane.
Bane's shooting splits 47%/ 43%/ 81%
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Sorry Chamaco
« Reply #20044 on: August 14, 2021, 01:18:47 PM »

It was actually a concise and accurate answer to the question.

According to the team, the Knicks were resting Jericho Sims tonight. The

Well, it caught me by surprise. My apologies to chamacocartero8
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #20045 on: August 14, 2021, 02:16:25 PM »

Could Jalen Johnson have been Knix long term answer at SF?
Drafted #20 by ATL, so Knix could have had him at #19.
Was seen as a lottery talent with some issues (bailed on Duke).
I haven't seen him yet.
19, turns 20 in December.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20046 on: August 14, 2021, 03:42:03 PM »

Jalen Smith looked good vs Bol Bol the other night

Not to be confused with the Sun's other Jalen Smith.  Heh.

Payne of course played the role deliciously for Sun's, what you in retrospect had Ty H excelling at, BoBo.

bodiddley

• View Profile
NY Celtics ?
« Reply #20047 on: August 14, 2021, 04:54:32 PM »

If you're watching exhibition game,s might as well check out the Celtics v. The Harem Globetrotters in the Trotters 1951 film.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 05:20:03 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #20048 on: August 14, 2021, 04:55:41 PM »

CamPayne a backup PG; TyH a wing.
Different roles.

I thought it was shocking that TyH feel to PHX and they passed.
Kind of like when TOR passed on Danny Granger twice way back.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 05:02:26 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #20049 on: August 14, 2021, 06:29:46 PM »

Could Jalen Johnson have been Knix long term answer at SF?
Drafted #20 by ATL, so Knix could have had him at #19.
Was seen as a lottery talent with some issues (bailed on Duke).
I haven't seen him yet.
19, turns 20 in December.

Johnson looks good so far. McMillan will have fun with him if he earns trust.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #20050 on: August 14, 2021, 10:07:06 PM »

Johnson with another nice one.

Knick draftees along with Toppin also looked good in a win against the Cavs. Quickley with his rest day gave McBride and Grimes room to shine which they did. Obi was a bit sloppy still, but he was still effective. No Mobley for the Cavs, but they trotted out three guys with NBA experience which let them stay competitive though they were down by 20 to our summer Knicks at one point.

I don’t know if this puts us in the summer league playoffs or not. Nice contributions from Walker, Simms, and Hall off the bench.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Guess What?
« Reply #20051 on: August 14, 2021, 10:11:24 PM »

It occurs to me that we copped Immanuel Quickley, Rokas Jokubaitis and Miles McBride as draft capital we got back from the Clippers in the Morris trade. 

Not too shabby. 

Quentin Grimes and Deuce McBride looking confident and aggressive and purposeful out there tonight, and Obi with a solid second half, justifying BoD's unwavering faith in his talent. 

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #20052 on: August 14, 2021, 10:36:14 PM »

Johnson with another nice one.

Knick draftees along with Toppin also looked good in a win against the Cavs. Quickley with his rest day gave McBride and Grimes room to shine which they did. Obi was a bit sloppy still, but he was still effective. No Mobley for the Cavs, but they trotted out three guys with NBA experience which let them stay competitive though they were down by 20 to our summer Knicks at one point.

I don’t know if this puts us in the summer league playoffs or not. Nice contributions from Walker, Simms, and Hall off the bench.

This was a really deep, talented draft. 

Clearly some talent which fell out of the draft as well.  M.J. Walker, big shooting guard from Florida State, a team mate of Scottie Barnes, hit 3-3 from trey, with 5 boards, 2 steals and a block in 20 minutes. 

Grimes was 28-6-4-1 and remained aggressive...someone must've told him, KEEP SHOOTING. 

Deuce was 23-4-5-2-1. 

Obi 21-4-2, hit all three FTs and 2-4 treys.  Nice assist on the ball moving around the horn, when he passed on a good shot from this three in the corner pocket face up, to Grimes in the deep corner. 

PS: It is inevitable that we will engage in the wouldacouldashoulda game, as nice talent up and down behind 19, 21 and 32, but Grimes and McBride [and IQ] are solid young players to bring up behind Fournier, Burks, Barrett, Rose and Walker, as is Obi behind Randle, and Jericho behind Nerlens and Mitchell. 

PPS: Liked what I saw of that Turkish center the Rockets took at 16 who talks to the basketball at the FT line.  He is a masher and a rebounding beast in the box, good for 6-8-10-12 trips to the FT line per game.  And that center the Pistons drafted at what, #52, Garza is it?  Not the most nimble footed motherfucker I've ever seen, a very skilled center, dropped 25 pounds since the college season ended, and looks to be a steal for the Pistons, who have assembled a very, very nice core of young talent.  Watching Cade standing eye to eye with Obi took my breath away.  That level of skill at that level of SIZE?  Wow.  Really liked Scottie Barnes on Toronto too.  He's like a 6'9" swiss army knife. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Back To The Future
« Reply #20053 on: August 14, 2021, 11:20:53 PM »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #20054 on: August 15, 2021, 03:15:31 AM »

For ObiT, it's mostly a matter of fit.  And PF, especially backup PF, is not a big priority.  As for Summer League, he's 23 going up against mostly 19 year olds.

Really liked Scottie Barnes on Toronto too.  He's like a 6'9" swiss army knife.
There's been chatter that TOR will move Siakim.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 1335 1336 [1337] 1338 1339 ... 1852