Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1376 1377 [1378] 1379 1380 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899863 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #20655 on: October 06, 2021, 12:36:58 AM »

It's incredible to come back to the forum and read even more carping about the draft.

I mean, Jesus.

I don't know why folks get off on endless hyper-analysis and prognostications, but you know what......

they're actually playing ball again!

And we're looking good! I'm gonna enjoy the ride!

(fuck the Nets!)

Bo may have been carping about the draft. I was giving props to our young vets playing to earn trust and minutes. I was praising Sims and those guys for playing well. I have no worries about the other guys. It is nice to see the balance and production this game from our guards, Kemba, Rose, and Quick, wings RJ, Fournier, and Burks, fowards Randle, Obi, and Knox, and Bigs Taj and Jericho.

There are still some interesting camp battles ahead, but I really like how things are shaping up so far.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20656 on: October 06, 2021, 09:07:39 AM »

I i's incredible to come back to the forum and read even more carping about the draft.

I mean, Jesus.

Yeah, like we did with Barrett, now a key member of our possible top 4 East team.  And Quickley as well.  And Knox - and Frank - whose failures have set us back.  What does any of the analysis mean?

While in retrospect seeing what we do thus far in preseason we may have passed on some players who would have better suited us long term...

Why the hell wouldnt we be talking about the picks, Elephant?

I have put my trust in this management group.  But no need to be hands off when discussing improvements to the team
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 09:17:36 AM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

jaqdavisone

• View Profile
« Reply #20657 on: October 06, 2021, 12:07:30 PM »

Thibs is one hellovuh coach but sheeshh let the youngins get their feet wet, he run a tight ship, short lineup and as good as Grimes and Mcbride looked in summer league, I don't think we are going to see them much this season.  I was hyped about the youngins.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20658 on: October 06, 2021, 12:32:03 PM »

Often coaches these days will go with a different "active" group in Game 2 of a preseason than Game 1

Short of injured guys I would expect to see most that did not play yesterday do so next time out

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20659 on: October 06, 2021, 12:45:35 PM »

Thibs is one hellovuh coach but sheeshh let the youngins get their feet wet, he run a tight ship, short lineup and as good as Grimes and Mcbride looked in summer league, I don't think we are going to see them much this season.  I was hyped about the youngins.

Good to see you post, Jaq. Hope you are well.

The thing for me is that now having seen it I can say there are ten guys in front of the rooks who are damn good, put the work in and are ready to play.

My hope for this year is that the Knicks actually utilize the GLeague for Deuce and Grimes as well as Sims and Simms, who I expect to be our two-way players.

For that to happen, management would have to see more value in sending them down for run than in giving them more time to sponge off our vets and core coaching staff.

Do not expect big minutes or big numbers from the rooks this year.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20660 on: October 06, 2021, 01:12:09 PM »

Nope.

Thibs has his focus on one thing. Winning game 1. Game 2. Then game 3.

A lot of run for the rooks in preseason not really relevant to that objective. Integrating Kemba & Fournier is. Polishing second unit w/Quickley, Burks & Toppin, yes.

That said there will surely be ankles, knees, rest days and opportunities.

What a joy last night was..and not just because of our boys, but because the foul hunting was nowhere to be found, the unnatural perversions by which Harden tried to destroy the beautiful game, clearly on the way out. Hopefully the new rules stick.

**** And wow what a difference ZERO MINUTES of putrid Payton makes. Wow. Wow. Wow. 48 minutes of pleasure coming up 82 times!

« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 01:15:01 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
Well Now....
« Reply #20661 on: October 06, 2021, 01:13:23 PM »

Well Now...

THAT Was FUN

Everyone played well. 

There was coherence.  There was continuity. 

Intimations of progress up and down the rotation, individually and as a team. 

Off the top of what passes for my head, our STARTERS

KEMBA:  Man.  Rivers.  Harper.  Marbury.  Kidd.  Can't remember seeing a PG of that caliber playing for the Knicks.  That drive to the hoop.  That short pull up pull up jumper.  That long pull up jumper.  That feed to RJ for a short jumper.  That gorgeous fast break floater to a cutting Gibson.  That serene, joyous confidence he exudes.  A commanding presence. 

ROSE:  Shooting a little off, but man, when he first hit the floor, was like he was shot out of a cannon.  Thought McBride's comments about his mentors were interesting, about Kemba using the angles, and Rose using pace.  Each of them getting like 20 minutes seems like the plan going forward, and if IQ can keep growing at the point better still. 

JULIUS:  Took a little while to get in rhythm, but while no one was looking, boom, 20-9-2 with two steals and a block in 30 minutes...letting the game come to him more than last season.  With Kemba AND dRose, seems so much more relaxed and purposeful not being tasked on so many possessions functioning as a point forward. 

FOURNIER:  As advertised.  Hitting that first corner three got my blood boiling.  But was pesky on defense, and a canny facilitator who drew coverage for his own offensive forays and in creating for others.  He made a juke in the corner, down the baseline, drew coverage, and a lovely handoff for an easy hoop, to Julius as I recall. 

RJ: Hitting that first three off of a Kemba feed was sweet.  Sweeter still was seeing that he had worked on his midrange pick and pops and pull ups.  Needs more work with his right hand and in finishing at the rack, but looked like a vet out there, 17-3-2, 7-of-14 and 3-of-6 from trey, more efficient, projecting more confidence and letting the game come to him. 

BENCH

IQ:  Our emerging Sixth Man of the bench with 6 boards and 7 assists.  Seems to be getting it.  That lovely feed to a cutting Knox.  Better still, I was talking to the TV about, "Hey Q, stop automatically looking for your shot.  Give up the ball, and just possibly, you'll get it right back for a better shot in rhythm." Which he proceeded to do at the top right of the key, handing off to Jericho, who popped it right back and Quick made his move, nailed a pull back jumper. 

TAJ:  How old is he again [36....seriously]. Hitting threes, facilitating ball movement, finishing at the rack, defense, boarding, mentoring Obi, Jericho, Mitchell, Kevin [14-6-3-1-1].  Thank goodness Omari Spellman had an eating disorder. 

JERICHO:  Don't want to get too fucking giddy, but damn, as raw as he is, and some coverage mistakes notwithstanding, he looks like he belongs out there, and really competes, whether on lobs or put backs.  Once he begins to figure out how to more effectively block out for defensive and offensive boards, and how to more efficiently deploy his athleticism.  He has the hops and is an intelligent, chill young man.  Dolan must've offered up burnt offerings to Jahweh for us to cop him at #58 off of the #2 we purloined from Philly in the Brazdeikis/Rivers transaction. 

KEVIN: Knew instinctively that his first trey would be a brick, but did things other than just pull up for corner jumpers.  The two man game with IQ was a thing of beauty.  Looks more cut and muscled.  Glad to see him competing, getting some of Burks minutes, at least for the moment. 

BURKS: Was 2-3 from three, some nice defensive awareness and a positive force in 18 minutes as our swiss army knife.  Looked sharp, relaxed and in late season form. 

OBI: Okay, his much vaunted three point shooting still a work in progress, but was a presence on D, and his motor and power in transition and on the blocks was on display with 10-5 in 14 minutes.  The confidence with which he made multiple jukes and spins backing his man in for a BIG BOY post up/lay-in made my skin tingle at his aggression and power.  THAT'S the MF Leon Rose thought he was drafting at #8. 

They Call Me MISTER THIBS: [Thanks, Clyde.] Pleased to see going with a solid two-tiered 10-Man Rotation, and other than Julius' 30 minutes, keeping court time at a reassuringly low burnout rate which had us playing decent D [allowed too many open threes], with nice pace, movement and efficiency on offensive, really taking care of the rock [only 3 turnovers], with 26 assists and hitting 22-24 FTs. 

OVERALL: Kemba and Evan look like good fits, seemingly right in the flow of things, and the continuity of having our core of Julius, RJ, Rose, Taj, Burks, Obi, IQ and [in due time] Nerlens and Mitchell returning looks to pay competitive dividends.  Didn't hurt to have summer league for our puppies, and a couple of months of Tarrytown practice, individually and as a team, so our core yute, RJ and Obi and IQ, have a better idea of where to put their work, and how to get better and earn Thibs' trust. 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 01:18:11 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20662 on: October 06, 2021, 01:21:33 PM »

Free throw shooting - check

3 pt shooting - BONK!

Quickley and Rose - 10 assists
Kemba and Evan - 5

Strongest player, given expectation - Sims
Weakest - Rose

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #20663 on: October 06, 2021, 01:37:36 PM »

Nope.

Thibs has his focus on one thing. Winning game 1. Game 2. Then game 3.

A lot of run for the rooks in preseason not really relevant to that objective. Integrating Kemba & Fournier is. Polishing second unit w/Quickley, Burks & Toppin, yes.

That said there will surely be ankles, knees, rest days and opportunities.

What a joy last night was..and not just because of our boys, but because the foul hunting was nowhere to be found, the unnatural perversions by which Harden tried to destroy the beautiful game, clearly on the way out. Hopefully the new rules stick.

**** And wow what a difference ZERO MINUTES of putrid Payton makes. Wow. Wow. Wow. 48 minutes of pleasure coming up 82 times!

Agree.  Thibs' coaching signature is very purposeful.  And yes, the much maligned Elfrid.  Some respect.  Once a Knick and all that.  Hey, he gave his all for the cause, and actually played really well the first half of the season before losing his confidence and that of Thibs, his biggest booster. 

YUTE? 

Yute will be served, Knicks fans.  All in good time. 

But moving forward, Leon Rose & Scott Perry's vision of accumulating draft assets, carefully guarding our cap space, reasonable contracts, and a balance of vets, young vets and PASSIONATE PUPPIES appears to be bearing fruit. 

Don't want to get too giddy, and am looking forward to how we bounce back from our first ass whupping, and how we compete with Trae Bien & His Birds Of Prey. 

But somehow...SOMEHOW. 

In progressing from the Fall of 2020 to the Fall of 2021:

Elfrid Payton-Frank Nitiliknia-Dennis Smith

to

Kemba Walker-Derrick Rose-Immanuel Quickley-Miles McBride

When I click me heels, I'll be in RUCKER PARK.

It would appear that ActualFactual NEW YORK HOOPS IS BACK, y'all

PS: The drafting of McBride, his good showing in Summer League [and the clear affection of Thibs], the MONTY HALL WHAT'S BEHIND DOOR NUMBER THREE arrival of the once and future KEMBA, a good showing in summer league by our four-five years younger #34 Pick/EuroStash PG Joukabitis, the evolution of IQ, and Luca's arrival in Tarrytown with his water logged ankle in a walking boot, spelled doom for our don't cry for me Argentinian, Senor Vildoza [who got to pocket like a million and a half bucks after paying off his buyout]. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20664 on: October 06, 2021, 01:46:56 PM »

Quickley was with us fall of '20 but good post, Stern-a-la

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Can't post
« Reply #20665 on: October 06, 2021, 02:35:20 PM »

Again
Lets try: No dice
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 02:38:17 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20666 on: October 06, 2021, 02:47:36 PM »

Been muzzled

Heh

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20667 on: October 06, 2021, 03:00:55 PM »

chipstern

• View Profile
Pinch Myself
« Reply #20668 on: October 06, 2021, 03:43:30 PM »

Still can't quite comprehend that Kemba Walker AND Derrick Rose are our point guards. 

Watched some highlights [can't help myself...been in the hoops dessert for so long, reading dipshit bloggers such as Brad Dressler concocting stoopidass trades dumping Obi Toppin, etcetera], and man oh FUCKING MAN, is Kemba ever a cool customer.  His vision, the way he gets everyone great looks, how he can score inside and out, off of the dribble and pull up, in Earl Monroe AND Steph Curry country...just the joy he brings to the game. 

People talk of him mentoring Deuce. 

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttt...

He is a born leader.  One lousy preseason game and you can already feel the collective difference.  On EVERYONE, from 1-20, to the coaches, to the FANS. 

DAMN

PS: That Evan Fournier baseline drive and dish was to Taj Gibson, who caught and juked and gathered himself for a layup.  AH, THE JOYS OF EASY BASKETS. 

PPS: VERNELL FOURNIER, the great New Orleans drummer, and his legendary beat on Ahmad Jamal's "Poinciana" with bassist Israel Crosby from LIVE AT THE PERSHING in 1958

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0e2G32f3IU
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 03:48:50 PM by chipstern »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Mr. heh (and lol) strikes YET again #43,828
« Reply #20669 on: October 06, 2021, 03:43:44 PM »

"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero
Pages: 1 ... 1376 1377 [1378] 1379 1380 ... 1844