Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1439 1440 [1441] 1442 1443 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 908502 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Stay clear of Memphis that week, Bo, his "posse" might show!
« Reply #21600 on: December 08, 2021, 12:09:47 PM »

Yep, week long! Well earned....

Coincidentally, it was Zach who inspired Steph's 2nd best neologism

"we got a beast, we got a younger, youthier player!"
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 12:17:21 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
Stolen Moments
« Reply #21601 on: December 08, 2021, 12:34:18 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #21602 on: December 08, 2021, 05:28:48 PM »

So sad

Just 80 games with NY and 550+ with Memphis

Zach got us Tim Thomas who got us Larry Hughes who got us Tracy McGrady (while sadly also costing us Jordan Hill)
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21603 on: December 08, 2021, 08:55:48 PM »

Alan Hahn with the horse crap -

"Knicks loved Duarte but he went early to the Pacers"

Actually Knicks were unwilling to pay the asking price for moving up

Call it a mistake, Hahn.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21604 on: December 08, 2021, 09:51:11 PM »

Your ass is overshadowing your face again, Kid.

Your momma says you ugly, Kid. She wants her two dollars.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #21605 on: December 08, 2021, 10:17:16 PM »

That was a messy game. The kids looked good at the end though, except Knox who really needs a change of scenery.

Changes of scenery and some floating speculation got me thinking of a trade that does not involve Knox.

Randle Kemba and Mitch for Turner and LeVert

It would leave us

Turner Noel Sims
Toppin Gibson Knox
Barrett Fournier Seldon
LeVert Quickley Grimes
Burks Rose McBride

I think it is a better balance in terms of skill and energy to make what Thibs wants to run work.

Sanbonis Mitch Bitaze
Randle Martin Craig
Warren Brissett Washington
Duarte Lamb
Brogdon Walker Wanamaker

If they do not want Mitch long term, they can do a sign and trade next summer.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Trader Fac
« Reply #21606 on: December 09, 2021, 12:41:09 AM »

Hey Fac, I usually like your ideas.
It looks like you are a little stressed out, dont know if it is caused by Chamaco-s idiocy or by how bad the Knicks are playing.
U really wanna get rid of King Julius and Mitch?
How about we give Thibs a one month sabbatical for a well deserved rest?

PS. I too loved Duarte-s play. Do not know if he plays this good consistently.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 12:45:51 AM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #21607 on: December 09, 2021, 03:12:39 AM »

Duarte plays this good consistently. He may not hit shots at that rate, but he is a focused, aware, smart player with a lot of energy. He will have plenty of nights like this and has a few already counting tonight.

I think to move Turner the pacers have to get back someone they think is better. Mitch is a step back from Turner at this point though with upside to develop. Randle is overall better than Turner and secured for a further two years. Sabonis and Randle make for an Allstar pairing that is small ball and bully ball at the same time. Mitch and Bitaze give them serious depth against bigs. Just as valuable as Turner, is LeVert. He has a little more confidence, handle, and command than RJ, Burks, or Fournier and is a bit more of a productive player. I have confidence in Sims down the line so having Sims and Turner available as the main bigs makes me feel like we can afford to part with Mitch who is probably going to have weird ass contract negotiation this summer that does not end with the same agent who starts it. I do not place much value on Kemba, but he is a mench and he has shot .412 from three which the league values.

I think we give up more talent on paper but become a faster more flexible team more in line with the direction the league is going.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #21608 on: December 09, 2021, 03:18:30 AM »

Duarte plays this good consistently. He may not hit shots at that rate, but he is a focused, aware, smart player with a lot of energy. He will have plenty of nights like this and has a few already counting tonight.

I think to move Turner the pacers have to get back someone they think is better. Mitch is a step back from Turner at this point though with upside to develop. Randle is overall better than Turner and secured for a further two years. Sabonis and Randle make for an Allstar pairing that is small ball and bully ball at the same time. Mitch and Bitaze give them serious depth against bigs. Just as valuable as Turner, is LeVert. He has a little more confidence, handle, and command than RJ, Burks, or Fournier and is a bit more of a productive player. I have confidence in Sims down the line so having Sims and Turner available as the main bigs makes me feel like we can afford to part with Mitch who is probably going to have weird ass contract negotiation this summer that does not end with the same agent who starts it. I do not place much value on Kemba, but he is a mench and he has shot .412 from three which the league values.

I think we give up more talent on paper but become a faster more flexible team more in line with the direction the league is going.

Absurd.

There may be deals coming, but this won't be one of them.

Point guard?

Hello.

Turner not a fit with Sabonis, so.lets get Randle?

COUGH

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21609 on: December 09, 2021, 08:08:57 AM »

Keep Mitch.  Pay 4-60 extension.

Build!  Work!  No trades!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 09:16:25 AM by kiidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21610 on: December 09, 2021, 09:19:34 AM »

Pacers will see if they can build off this win before a final decision is made on a rebuild.

But no - someone as good as Turner isnt necessary - if we are talkingbuilding blocks going back to IND.

Contributory players count.  Sabonis slides over to the 5 fairly easily - thouhg IND should then look to add a defensive five for a few minutes a night entering next season - as Bitadze gets some more tie as well.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #21611 on: December 09, 2021, 10:45:57 AM »

The Knicks defense has not been fixed.
This is the third time in 25 games New York has given up more the 120 points.
They did so seven times in 72 games last year, but the average offense is down about three points per 100 possessions this season.
Their D before the Kemba benching was ranked 19th in the league with a 108.5 rating.
In the five games since Walker left the rotation, they are ranked 29th, giving up 121.8 points per 100 possession.
Its a tiny sample size but also indicative of issues that run far deeper than just an undersized starting point guard.

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21612 on: December 09, 2021, 12:45:52 PM »

Teams are better

We went over this.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Speaking of R.I.P's...
« Reply #21613 on: December 09, 2021, 02:07:22 PM »

*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #21614 on: December 09, 2021, 02:39:12 PM »

Massive indeed.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 1439 1440 [1441] 1442 1443 ... 1847