Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1512 1513 [1514] 1515 1516 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1063026 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #22695 on: February 09, 2022, 10:15:45 AM »

Just finished the 2nd half of the UTA game.

Knix indeed ran out of gas. 
Mitch was huffing from the 3Q on.  Played a killer game, but a tired Mitch got beat to a rebound by Donovan, who fed Doka for a layup putting the Jazz up by 3 with 4 mins left.  After that, Knix failed to score for the next 3 minutes and that was that.
I think Mitch had just two 2nd half points.

Fournier was involved in a whole slew of late 4Q turnovers, twice failed handoffs (w/Randle, then w/Burks in crunch time); 4Eva also dribbled off his own foot.
4Ev started the game getting chumped on D, ended by losing the ball every which way.  Easy to see why FourEva gets shuffled around.  Just not a winning player. 

Randle and RJB looked worn down and couldn't make plays late.
What's happened to Burks scoring the past month?

UTAh announcers pretty solid.  Thurl Bailey does solid analysis, a bit staid but informative.  They brought Joe Ingles into the booth for an extended stretch.  Talked about his injury, career, family, future.  They asked him to help the viewers know what plays Utah would run, and Ingles glances at Donovan crossing midcourt and correctly informs a high Udoka screen for Mitchell, before it starts to develop.
The crew also seemed quite fond of Burks.  Utah loyalty.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 11:32:24 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

jaqdavisone

• View Profile
« Reply #22696 on: February 09, 2022, 11:38:04 AM »

Burke and Quikz,  The problem seems to be Thibs, this guy is stubborn as fuk. We are not going to make the playoffs play the rooks, lets see what we got...MCbride is electric as is Obi and Grimes I also want to see what we got in Reddish, he was a beast in Atlanta. This league has turned into a run and gun league thibs still play halfcourt ball.  That may work in spurts but teams are running us out the building. The offense need to change... Free Mike Woodson.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Really? (3)
« Reply #22697 on: February 09, 2022, 03:06:48 PM »

... Free Mike Woodson.

Mike Woodson had a good run in 2013 when Jason Kidd was really running the team. His major accomplishment was getting out of the way. He had to be fired, with his whole coaching staff, the following season, after a disastrous start. He had one play, and one play only: GIVE IT TO MELO!, which could now be easily transposed to GIVE IT TO JULIUS!

Thankfully, he is happily "retired" coaching college basketball in his beloved Indiana.

He would not be much worse than Thibs for this team, so there is that.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 03:09:06 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Normal as Fickety Fackety Wackity Fuk!!!
« Reply #22698 on: February 09, 2022, 04:07:25 PM »

Japan to screen athletes devices after Winter Olympics over Covid-19 app fears

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast-asia/article/3166361/coronavirus-japan-screen-athletes-devices-after-winter

The Japanese government had previously urged those travelling to China for the Games to prepare an alternative device specifically for the My2022 app and to keep its use to a minimum and delete the app upon leaving China.

British media reported before the Games that a total of seven Western countries, including Britain and the United States, had called for their athletes not to take personal smartphones with them.

Around 1,000 athletes and coaches reportedly plan to discard the phones they use at the Games.

你说的是Advil? 你真的在谈论Advil吗? 不,我们不是在谈论Advil,笨蛋!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 04:19:55 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22699 on: February 09, 2022, 04:11:04 PM »

TyH was available and the Knix couldn't figure out a way to get him.
Missed op.

Or...they are not quite as enamored as you are.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #22700 on: February 09, 2022, 05:54:33 PM »

They brought Joe Ingles into the booth for an extended stretch.  Talked about his injury, career, family, future.  They asked him to help the viewers know what plays Utah would run, and Ingles glances at Donovan crossing midcourt and correctly informs a high Udoka screen for Mitchell, before it starts to develop.
The crew also seemed quite fond of Burks.  Utah loyalty.

And then Ingles got dealt to Portland.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22701 on: February 09, 2022, 06:31:19 PM »

He is out for the season, they got two ambulatory players, and he is free to come back next year if that is where the market takes him.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22702 on: February 09, 2022, 08:33:22 PM »

Nibbles at seemingly available threesome of Julius, Fournier and Burks.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22703 on: February 09, 2022, 08:38:43 PM »

PG watch

Knicks consider Dragic

Campazzo available after my guy Hyland sends him to bench

So...who you want?

Barrett out tomorrow

chipstern

• View Profile
Over Under
« Reply #22704 on: February 09, 2022, 08:44:11 PM »

What's the over-under on the Knicks doing nothing at the trading deadline?

Meanwhile, got to hand it to Thibs, the wily bastard. 

He figured out the perfect way to cop minutes for Cam Reddish.

Leave RJ in during Gar-Baaaage time, where he can sprain his ankle during meaninless minutes with the bottom of the bench. 

Tom's rationalization, that he had RJ in there because the Knicks were making a run at the Nuggets lead, is...interesting. 

Save that when RJ got hurt, Miles McBride was on the court, and we all know how much faith Thibs has to give him the ball and run the point. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Hindsight
« Reply #22705 on: February 09, 2022, 08:59:26 PM »

I have distinct memories of Forum Empathy Champion LesterDawg, pissing on poor woebegone Elfrid Payton every chance he got last year. 

True, every time EP hit a three, an angel got it's wings, and his FT% was under .700, but he competed hard on defense, and he ruddered the offense.  Obviously, D-Rose ruddered it better, but in the absence of Elfrid, we get the Earthly Remains Of Kemba [utterly overmatched on D], a game but overmatched Burks, and a guard in IQ who prospered as a sixth man playing off the ball in the second unit with Rose, but is desperately struggling as a PG, which has totally queered his offensive game. 

Still, McBride is buried on the pine. 

Anyway, Dawg and all New York wanted Payton gone. 

Not saying I woulda kept him.  His confidence was shot by the playoffs, having been clearly rejected by the media and fan base. 

Still, Knicks fans, be careful what you wish for motherfuckers.   
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 09:16:31 PM by chipstern »

Jack Straw

• View Profile
« Reply #22706 on: February 09, 2022, 09:42:24 PM »

Whew...Chip resurrecting the earthly remains (one of my fav Chipsterisms) of Elfrid "4 on 5" Payton...Kemba's  not close to the answer and never was, but neither was Payton

https://nypost.com/2022/02/09/knicks-hire-gersson-rosas-as-consultant-ahead-of-nba-trade-deadline/

so  this is what its come down to...hiring a FO guy some 24 hrs before the trade deadline...if bloomin' rose is so out of his depth then  he should have hired someone like this when he first  came on...and also isn't Perry supposed to be the experienced FO guy?

Rose, unless he pulls something exceptional out of his asshat in the next 24 is just another,  in a long line of,  pathetic Knicks poohbahs

chipstern

• View Profile
Mish Mosh By Committee
« Reply #22707 on: February 09, 2022, 10:08:33 PM »

Whew...Chip resurrecting the earthly remains (one of my fav Chipsterisms) of Elfrid "4 on 5" Payton...Kemba's  not close to the answer and never was, but neither was Payton

https://nypost.com/2022/02/09/knicks-hire-gersson-rosas-as-consultant-ahead-of-nba-trade-deadline/

so  this is what its come down to...hiring a FO guy some 24 hrs before the trade deadline...if bloomin' rose is so out of his depth then  he should have hired someone like this when he first  came on...and also isn't Perry supposed to be the experienced FO guy?

Rose, unless he pulls something exceptional out of his asshat in the next 24 is just another,  in a long line of,  pathetic Knicks poohbahs

Seems like a case of too many cooks. 

Rose & WWWes are from the agent/biz side of the aisle. 

Walt Perrin was a top collegiate talent evaulator for the Jazz, responsible for many fine draft picks, including Gordon Hayward and Rudy Gobert.  He campaigned HARD for the Jazz to trade up with the Nuggets to pick Donovan Mitchell.  Assuming he had some say, Obi, IQ, Grimes,

Brock Aller was a top capologist for the Cavs. 

Scott Perry was kept on board. 

A few obervations. 

As per BoD [and me], I was all in for Haliburton at #8 two years ago.  Good size, long arms and hands, very good defender, funky release but his threes go in, and he can rudder an offense...think he had like 17 assists against someone the other night. 

Rose, as chief pooh bah, clearly had considerable say in picking Toppin. 

I gather the thinking was that Julius would be offloaded last season, and Obi was his successor. 

Funky to consider that Obi was a CAA Client, and correct me if I'm wrong, that Rose's son was Obi's agent. 

WWWes had considerable say in the maneuvering and selection of IQ. 

Thibs was hot to trot for both Grimes and McBride, pre-draft. 

One our European scouts clearly had Rokas Jokubaitis on his radar. 

Perry?  Pre-free agency, he was lobbying hard for DeMar DeRozan, and while I like Fournier, and his long range shootintg skills, DeRozan is a more crafty vet presence, a better defender, and a deadly presence in the mid-range, both as a shooter and facilitator.  He helped transform the Bulls culture. 

Apparently the committe didn't think Lonzo Ball was worth 20 million a year.  I beg to differ, even as a place holder, great size and handle, good defender, much improved as a three point shooter, and over the years has increased his forays into the paint and free throw efficiency.   

One has to think that Thibs had considerable input on retaining Burks, Noel and Rose on 2+1 deals.  Fournier?  Hard to say.  Was considerable noise for offense.  Gotta believe Thibs wanted to retain Bullock. 

Kemba?  That feels like Rose.  Show biz, local boy makes good. 

Hey, ain't gonna front...I was excited by the signing.

It didn't work out, and now we have that 2 year contract. 

If your standard for judgement is Rose pulling something out of his ass in the next 24 hours, well, I think you are going to be dissappointed. 

TO BE A KNICKS FAN IS TO SUFFER. 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 10:11:13 PM by chipstern »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22708 on: February 09, 2022, 10:15:08 PM »

Ingles talked about possibly being dealt before the deadline.  Apparently the deal saves the Jazz $11M in lux tax.  He also reminisced about just trying to make the Clips team and, being the last guy, he made sure to just pass to Eric Gordon every time.  Said his early goal was to stay in the League 3 years to qualify for a pension.
Felt blessed to be in Utah so long.  Talked about being able to find your role and fit in the NBA.  Praised Utah's continuity.  Talked about putting together a medical and rehab team, and stressed the addition of a sports psychologist.  His wife is a marathoner and he expects her to guide and push him through rehab.

Was a good long chat during the game.  A nice send-away, as it turns out, for Ingles. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22709 on: February 09, 2022, 10:27:39 PM »

TyH was available and the Knix couldn't figure out a way to get him.
Missed op.

Or...they are not quite as enamored as you are.

Apparently.
TyH:
46 / 41 / 83
That's good for 14th best 3Pt%.
7.4 assists / 4 Boards / 1.7 steals
11th in the League in assists
Tied for 5th in steals

A real heady two-way player.  When he was drafted he had a combo G label but folks didn't expect him to be so good as a PG.  TyH could shoot more, get more FT's, and probably should cut way down on jumping in the air before passing.
Just a very smooth game, keeps things simple, great feel for the game. Love watching him play.  And he plays the passing lanes and anticipates well on D.
There was just a different energy and cohesiveness for SacKings when TyH was on court.  Otherwise the whole team seemed mopey and out for their own stats (especially Fox & Hield).  TyH brought energy, joy and a desire to win.

And yeah, 17 assists from a guy not considered a PG not long ago is impressive.
Just 21 and making a meager $5M.

Knix last 4 minutes v. UTAh, demonstrated the glaring need for a ballhandler/decision-maker/passer.  Instead of fumbled handoffs and 4Eva dribbling off his own foot.  While Randle and RJB tried to create.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 11:43:56 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 1512 1513 [1514] 1515 1516 ... 1852