Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1538 1539 [1540] 1541 1542 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1019237 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Closing Out
« Reply #23085 on: March 14, 2022, 08:21:56 PM »

Even if Rose comes back, he is going to be rusty, but hey, Knicks haven't given up, on themselves, the season, or Coach Thibs. 

That is your position (and Chamaco is on your bandwagon too).

Not everybody is happy with coach Thibs. Just sayin...

I feel you.

Don't think a pink slip is the answer.

Maybe an offensive coordinator.

And Jokubaitis.

I would like more motion and cutters, more pace.

The camp out in the corners and watch sets not a tenable fourth quarter scheme.

And how about minute allocation? Our guys are always tired in the 4Q.

If you dont want to give him the pink slip, maybe he should be made defensive coordinator or something under somebody who can efficiently run a team.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Normal as Feek Fok!
« Reply #23086 on: March 15, 2022, 01:39:58 PM »

Who will tell the children that their hamsters died in vain?

China locks down 45 million more people!
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-15/china-reports-over-5-000-covid-cases-as-more-cities-locked-down

I think Bo might be stuck up in here, lol!
Shanghai seals off tallest skyscraper in China
https://www.scmp.com/business/china-business/article/3170580/shanghai-seals-chinas-tallest-skyscraper-screen-covid-19

不便越来越不方便!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 01:57:28 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Normal as Feek Fok!
« Reply #23087 on: March 15, 2022, 10:16:55 PM »

不便越来越不方便!

Translation, please, my doggie 🐶

Something like Feek Fok?

Or fuckity fuk?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 10:19:01 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Kyrie...60
« Reply #23088 on: March 16, 2022, 11:40:34 AM »

Well Now

lesterluv

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #23089 on: March 16, 2022, 01:22:55 PM »

Bad ass m'fer for sure...I'm thinking he's pretty happy w/the current situation. Places him at the epicenter of the flat earth. Only has to play ball once in a while. Can roast as much sage as he likes on the days off.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #23090 on: March 16, 2022, 01:32:14 PM »

Pretty sad, really,  telling you this from the epicenter of Brooklyn, spitting distance to Barclays, nobody gives a fuck about the Nets, at all. Tickets available for a song any game. Zero resonance. Zero established fan base. Could be worse, tho, at least no longer owned by that Russian oligarch....
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 01:34:25 PM by lesterluv »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23091 on: March 16, 2022, 10:06:27 PM »

That was a fun little scrimmage. Unfortunately it counts as a win.

I really like the Kids and all but one vet, though he shot well from outside and that has value.

Imagine if we worked these lineups from day one
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23092 on: March 17, 2022, 11:33:24 AM »

Imagine......
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
Am I To Gather?
« Reply #23093 on: March 17, 2022, 03:13:33 PM »

That was a fun little scrimmage. Unfortunately it counts as a win.

I really like the Kids and all but one vet, though he shot well from outside and that has value.

Imagine if we worked these lineups from day one

Are we in tank mode? 

Seems to ME that we are playing for 2022-23. 

As well as 2021-22.

Randle +24 [20-9-7]
RJ +22 [31-4-5]
Sims +21

Yes, it is damn near impossible for us to make up 5-1/2 games with 13 to go.

And I don't to go all weepy on y'all, but closing out on a positive note is very important both for next season and the offseason. 

Stranger things have happenned. 

I would reference the Spree-Houston-Camby-LJ Knicks' run to the 8th seed and eventually the playoffs. 

Or Gene Mauch's 1964 Phillies.  Up 6 with 12 to play 50 years ago, the Phillies were a shoo-in to reach the World Series--until they weren't.

PS: It would appear that World Wide Wes and Don Carlos have been overruled by Neon Leon.  We shall see. 

PPS: Let the masturbatory fantasies begin.  Karl Anthony Towns.  Donovan Mitchell?  Tell me about the rabbits, George.

PPPS: If our front office's offseason left something to be desired, consider that of the Lakers, smug as a motherfucker, didn't want to give DeRozan three years, and went for Westbrook instead.  Frustrated?  Did you see LeBron spike the ball into Scottie "Rookie Of The Year" Barnes' face on an out of bounds play.  What did they give up for Russ.  A pair of #2 picks, the #22 in last year's draft, Kuzma, Harrell, Pope.

Giggle Alert: FILE THIS UNDER MASTURBATORY PHANTASIES

NBA Analysis Network

Los Angeles Lakers Receive: G Derrick Rose, G/F Evan Fournier, G/F Alec Burks
New York Knicks Receive: G Russell Westbrook, LAL 2027 1st Round Pick (Unprotected)

« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 03:26:17 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23094 on: March 17, 2022, 03:51:26 PM »

Lets not do that.

Grimes did a full practice. We should see him back soon.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• View Profile
R. I. Mf'n P.!
« Reply #23095 on: March 17, 2022, 03:52:35 PM »

https://ny.eater.com/2022/3/17/22983154/domenico-dom-demarco-di-fara-pizza-dies-obituary

In the 20 years after the Voice and the Times outd him, I couldnt do the wait more than once or twice  a year. Would drive by now and then on a mid-week rainy day to see if the lines were short and I could sneak out with a pie in under an hour. Each one still treasured in memory.

这个人在天堂,保证

« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 03:59:58 PM by lesterluv »

chipstern

• View Profile
Chemistry
« Reply #23096 on: March 17, 2022, 03:58:52 PM »

D-Rose went down and took our season with him.

Poor Nerlens was a train wreck. 

Kemba, whose signing I was surely enthusiastic about, truth be told, torpedoed our chemistry so conclusively, that Thibs freaked and literally nailed him to the pine until he ran out of bodies.
As per NEON LEON, please nothe, that ere in the wake of the Celtics' 42-28 ascension, it is worth noting that GM Brad Stevens wrote off Evan Fournier, and was willing to give the Thunder a 2021 #1 pick as a sweetner to offload Kemba and bring back Al Horford.

Stretch 4 Two-Way Signing Luka Samanic looked like a burgeoning talent in Westchester, but hurt his heel and has played to my knowledge, on game in 2022.  SIGH. 

Evan's game last night was hopeful on a number of fronts, no doubt teasing Facil's trade barometer, as he shot well, actually defended, and had what, 2 steals and 6 assists. 

Burks has been a gamer, doing what was asked, even though mis-cast as a PG. 

Where NEON LEON excelled, was in the draft, where Quentin Grimes, Miles McBride and Jericho Sims are all keepers, though it remains to be seen what their ceiling is, and Jokubaitis remains a tantalizing X-Factor. 

Oh, and no moves at the trade deadline?  Kevin Knox and the provisional #1 from Charlotte for Cam Reddish was looking pretty damn good--and still is--when the kid went down.  I am looking for Cam & RJ to be a signficant tandem [and hopefully poor Kevin goes to a team this summer where he actually gets off the pine.]

CHEMISTRY? 

Performance wise, the Burks/Bullock over/under seems to be a wash.  Reggie has had an up and down year for the Mavs, dealing with his share of injuries. 

CHEMISTRY?  Thibs leaned hard on Reggie, and he was apparently Julius' best bro on the team.

CHEMISTRY?

Oddly enough I would nominate THEO PINSON as a signficiant loss. 

Okay, I hear you.  OUR EXPERIENCE of Theo was when he came in around garbage time, and bricked a trey [0-8 for the season]. 

Oddly enough, Theo also ended up with Dallas, where his invisible influence counts for something, little as it may be, but he is for them, what he was for us, a glue guy, a practice player, a locker room/bench jockey, a positive influence who keeps everyone loose and laughing, something of a coach on the bench. 

Anyway, would I rather have Jericho Sims, or for that matter, Ryan Arcidiacono?  The mirage known as Luka Samanic?  Sure. 

But when charting the inconsistencies and palpable chemistry issues our Knicks and their coach jousted with all season long, well, there is more between heaven and earth than is accounted
for in boxscores, Horatio. 

To Be A Knicks Fan Is To Suffer

ONWARDS

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: R. I. Mf'n P.!
« Reply #23097 on: March 17, 2022, 04:02:09 PM »

https://ny.eater.com/2022/3/17/22983154/domenico-dom-demarco-di-fara-pizza-dies-obituary

In the 20 years after the Voice and the Times outd him, I couldnt do the wait more than once or twice  a year. Would drive by now and then on a mid-week rainy day to see if the lines were short and I could sneak out with a pie in under an hour. Each one still treasured in memory.

这个人在天堂,保证

Sal & Carmine's

Upper West Side since 1959.

Broadway between 101st & 102nd.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #23098 on: March 17, 2022, 04:08:52 PM »

Might have to run up there and drown my sorrows.....

chipstern

• View Profile
Trader Vic Has Spoken
« Reply #23099 on: March 17, 2022, 04:16:30 PM »

Lets not do that.

Grimes did a full practice. We should see him back soon.

The persistent beating of the jungle drums says we make a run after DONOVAN MITCHELL.  I am not sure I buy into the HE WANTS TO BE A KNICK NARRATIVE. 

How does this sound to you, FACIL. 

Fournier
Toppin-OR-Reddish
2022 #1
2023 #1 [Dallas Pick]

Would I do it? 

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....that's a tough one...

Not sure. 

Still, any trade realistically, would have to include a couple of #1 picks, and at least one of our Plum Pups. 

Me? 

I would look to get Jokubaitis here, keep developing Quick, McBride and Grimes, and look to the draft.  One more year of Rose as a mentor, ankle willing.  We miss his leadership, on and off the floor. 

But then, as is well known, I'm a rose-colored glasses blaring schmuck

Though arguably as big a schmuck as World Wide Wes? 

Stay tuned. 
Pages: 1 ... 1538 1539 [1540] 1541 1542 ... 1852