Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1556 1557 [1558] 1559 1560 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1068124 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Chamaco's musings
« Reply #23355 on: April 14, 2022, 06:03:09 PM »

I am look at Bledsoe as a way to get Fournier off the books

Racist.

I am prejudiced against flat footed defenders and players who space out on both ends at key moments. For those reasons I may never give Ev a fair shake. Green, pink or blue, he is overpaid for what he does.

Fortunately we have Archie to fill in any gaps he might leave in our backcourt.

It is good your projector is still working despite how often you get your dick stub stuck in the reel to reel.

Fac, you really do not need to pay attention to the musings of Chamaco. He is just desperate for the attention he does not get at home, or at work for that matter, and he is also a proud white boy.

That being said, I like Fournier, though I could  be tempted to dump him if the offering was worth it.

But NOT for the offerings you concocted, sorry. Like I mentioned before, I want you coaching the Knicks in some capacity, but certainly NOT having a voice in trades. The stuff you grow is surely very, very good, but not conducive to making deals for the team.

PS. Hey, I got an apostrophe in the Subject. Like Chip would say, PROGRESS!

Fac, I understand your issues with Fournier, though I do not agree.  Apparently Thibs is good with his man on man D, but has problems with his team D. 

I am more of a piece with Simon Bolivar, regarding listening to offers for Evan. 

But, I mean, TO WASTE A ROSTER SPOT ON ERIC BLEDSOE, when you were having shit conniptions about how much time Nerlens Noel spent on IR.  And considering that we practically STOLE Reddish from the Hawks.  I mean, 6'8", long wing span, athletic, good defender, can nail the three, score off the bounce and finish at the hoop. 

WE DON'T HAVE ANOTHER WING ON THE ROSTER with Cam's combination of height, length, tempo and athleticism.  SAVE FOR OBI. 

We already have Burks, RJ, Grimes, IQ, Deuce, Rose...remains to be seen if Archie sticks, like him though I do.  And given your obsession to lose Evan's salary, you create further redundancies in the back court, take minutes away from Grimes [and Burks] to give to Hart, and add the earthly remains of Bledsoe's ghost.  Again, I like Hart, but I would rather continue apace with the evolution of Grimes and RJ and Reddish. 

And again, FUCK BLEDSOE.  Are you really suggesting that we do to IQ/Deuce what we routinely did EVERY YEAR to Ntilikina, where we stifled any possibility he might develop rhythm and confidence, by making him sit on the bench and watch Jarret Jack, Emmanuel Mudiay, etcetera.  They have earned minutes, and we saw FIRST HAND what IQ and Obi could do with actual floor time with which to work out the kinks and stretch their games.  I should like to see what Cam and Grimes could do with similar nurturing and experience. 

Why am I obsessing over chin music? 

We are two months and change away from the draft and summer league.  And then another three months till autumn and the 2022-23 NBA season rolls around. 

I am in accord with Brother Bolivar regarding your analysis of style of play, which is pretty spot on, but find your Trader Vic modus operandi, fanciful at best [as when your presuppose teams giving us back a lottery pick], reckless at worst.  Okay you want to offload Fournier.  I could be persuaded of that, particulary to open up minutes for Grimes...but Josh Hart?  FUCK JOSH HART. 

Again, it's only chin music, but I am hoping we continue to nurse our youth, build like a small market team, and avoid the allure of shiny objects and quick fixes. 

I think we are going to make a run at Brunson in the offseason, but I would be SHOCKED if Dallas let's him walk. HEY, maybe Dallas would be tempted for some sort of deal centered around Fournier-Brunson? 

Be that as it may, I found The QAnon Kiid's invocation of racism as unbalanced and fanciful as the notion of Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert engaged in a threesome with Frank "Not Jesse" James. 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 06:05:32 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #23356 on: April 14, 2022, 06:24:52 PM »

That being said, I like Fournier, though I could  be tempted to dump him if the offering was worth it.

Well said, Los.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Hey Chip aka Elijah
« Reply #23357 on: April 14, 2022, 07:32:15 PM »

Thank you for bestowing on me the honor of calling me Simon Bolivar.

To reciprocate, I am naming you Elijah, who became my favorite Prophet when I started getting invited to Passover Dinners and was allowed to drink his wine, in addition to mine.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 07:37:19 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Zion
« Reply #23358 on: April 15, 2022, 07:25:17 AM »

« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 07:28:05 AM by kiidcarter8 »

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Zion
« Reply #23359 on: April 15, 2022, 11:51:33 AM »

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2022/04/13/nba-trade-rumors-zion-williamson-new-york-knicks-new-orleans-pelicans/

4 first rounders plus Obi and Burks?

Why?

Hardly A RUMOR. 

More like a bunch of dipshits jerking off into some used Kleenex around a camp fire. 

LAME

Thanks for sharing.  Got the blood flowing.  Too bad the author has none going to the vestigial remains of his brain. 

I mean, seeing Zion slam dunking in recent Pelicans videos is as inspiring as eyeballing Gentle Ben Simmons cheer on his Nyets from the bench. 

Be still my fucking heart

By all means, let's trade either RJ or Obi PLUS all of our draft capital for the ghost of Greg Oden, a 300 + pound Led ZeppoLean, who missed the entire season, cannot stay on the court and is in lousy physical condition.  More a farce of nature than a force of nature at this point.  SHINY OBJECTS.  I object, your honor. 

PS: Zion should go great with Eric Bledsoe and Josh Hart. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 02:51:10 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
CAVS
« Reply #23360 on: April 15, 2022, 08:12:05 PM »

Like everyone on the CAVS. 

My rooting interest. 

Watching Rondo, it occurs to me that Rajon is a point guard, whereas Kemba is a lead guard. 

Garland and Quickley are hybrids, and have to get more experience. Scoring don't always mean shooting. 

Fuck Satoransky and Bledsoe.  Brunson ain't coming.  Book it. 

GET Rondo for 2022-23. Rose will get over it. 

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Rondo?
« Reply #23361 on: April 15, 2022, 10:26:06 PM »

Sorry Chip, I do not think we need another 36 yo PG, to be 37 next season.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
PS
« Reply #23362 on: April 16, 2022, 12:17:28 AM »

And how was your Seder?
Did you ask Elijah for inspiration to find the PG we need?

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: PS
« Reply #23363 on: April 16, 2022, 02:24:59 AM »

And how was your Seder?

Elijah is not Santa Claus, for all that he travels across the world at similar speeds.

Nor is Elijah Zoltan who can tell you "Wish comes true."

TBH, it sounds as if your team is more on the plague-receiving end of things than on the red sea parting end of things.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23364 on: April 16, 2022, 05:52:02 AM »

Ouch.

Hart is at least as impactful as Reddish and, though he is undersized for it, does check SFs effectively. He is the talent return in the Blazer package. There may be debate about who was more potential going forward between Cam and Hart and whether it is better for RJs development to have his college pal to work with or to have to try and keep up with Josh Hart.

Fournier is blocking Grimes, IQ, and McBride by taking up backcourt minutes. In the case of Bledsoe if he cannot beat out the kids he can sit for emergencies, be used it a trade to fill a team need, or arrange himself a buyout and go where he wants. Unless he makes himself he would not be part of the long term plan.

I do think it would be a shame to lose Cam though I do like Hart. I would do Fournier for Bledsoe straight for better position in the Draft.

Fuck moving anyone for Zion.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23365 on: April 16, 2022, 06:12:00 AM »

Fournier and Noel for Bledsoe and Hart. We get to keep Cam. We would still have to move Walker.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: PS
« Reply #23366 on: April 16, 2022, 11:22:46 AM »

And how was your Seder?

Elijah is not Santa Claus, for all that he travels across the world at similar speeds.

Nor is Elijah Zoltan who can tell you "Wish comes true."

TBH, it sounds as if your team is more on the plague-receiving end of things than on the red sea parting end of things.

Well, Elijah may not be Santa or Zoltan, but he is still my favorite prophet, and I was only asking for inspiration (and a glass of wine).

Afraid you are right about my team and the plagues.

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
God Bless Facil
« Reply #23367 on: April 16, 2022, 03:27:26 PM »

Fournier and Noel for Bledsoe and Hart. We get to keep Cam. We would still have to move Walker.

I appreciate you accomodating my objections in your ongoing fantasy. 

Leave us review.

You appear motivated, MAINLY, to dump contracts, ergo accepting Bledsoe's awful contract for one season. 

K

However, Josh Hart, not unlike Fournier, has a guaranteed third year, albeit, a player option for $12.96 million in 2023-2024. 

Fournier's third guaranteed year is $18.857 million. 

So a net savings of what, 6 million?

Bledsoe's guaranteed money for 2022-23 is $19.375 million.

So now a net savings of 5.5 million. 

For what? 

To totally sunder team chemistry.  And create fresh logjams ahead of Puppy Development. 

Is Bledsoe going to be a happy camper playing behind Rose and [presumably] IQ?  Do we really need KEMBA 2.3 on the bench, not to mention blocking McBride's progress? 

Hart is a damn nice combo wing who has raised his assists up to roughly 5 a game.  Nice versatility.  Would I prefer him to Fournier?  Probably. 

So why exactly does Portland trade Hart for Fournier.  They have what's his name, Anfernee Simmons, who is only 22, a terrific 3-pt and FT shooter who was good for 4 assists a game.  Just had such a breakthrough year, that the Blazers felt like they could cash in CJ McCollum for, among others, Josh Hart, who is also good for 5 assists game. 

And they are going to take on Fournier's next two years at close to 19 million to play behind Simmons, who is due a new deal or a qualifying offer for next season.  And having cased in 30 + McCollum for 27 year old Hart, they are going to trade his versatitlity for the offensive acument of Fournier, who will be 30 this fall. 

And Noel?  Why does Portland want him, when they can probably draft a young big in a BIG HEAVY 2022 Draft. 

Finally,  you don't bring on two new players wily nily just to play with the salary cap. 

With what we went through this year, at the very least our current roster has a common bond of chemistry, in that WE ALL WENT THROUGH IT TOGETHER. 

And you want to mess with THAT? 

C: [Robinson], Sims

PF-C: Randle, Toppin, Gibson

SF-PF: Reddish

SG-SF: Barrett, Burks, Grimes, Hart

PG-SG: IQ, Rose, McBride, Walker, Bledsoe

I do believe you unnderestimate the element of chemistry. 

Fournier said after our last game how much he would love to run it all back with the same group of guys.

We saw how unsettle things got, injuries notwithstanding, when he swapped out Payton for Walker, and Fournier for Bullock. 

And now, with what could be a logjam at the point and the wing, you propose adding another gimpy PG, owed almost $20 Million for 2022-23.  Is he going to be happy riding the pine? 

Yes, Fournier's commitment stands in the way of Grimes development.

So you replace him with Hart, who STILL STANDS in the way of Grimes development, though, qualifying your reasoning, he would give us more facilitation than Fournier does. 

But again...WHY DOES PORTLAND do this trade?  Lillard, Simmons and Hart is a nice rotation.  Fournier would get in the way of Simmons development, whereas Simmons and Hart can both play on or off the ball.  So we're going to get Hart and nail Grimes to the pine.  Likewise Bledsoe for McBride? 

The number may work, but there is no reason for Portland to do it.  And again, Simmons is 22, and Fournier is 29.  Hello?   

Your priapic disdain for Fournier is duly noted.  And it remains to be seen if Neon Leon and company can arrive at a deal which opens up space for Grimes...

Randle-Toppin-Reddish-Barrett-IQ

Sims-Gibson-Burks/Fournier-Grimes-Rose

Are these rotations tenable?  Will Thibs bite the bullet and go small ball?  Does Mitchell stay or does he go, as an UFA or in a sign and trade.  What do we do with our #11 pick? 

FINALLY, as per Senor Bolivar and the Execution Of Comrade Thibs. 

AGAIN....chemistry. 

Do we REALLY Need the instabillity of bringing on YET ANOTHER NEW COACH, either this summer or in midseason? 

HOW MANY COACHES HAVE THE KNICKS HAD SINCE Van Gundy bailed on us in 2001? 

Don Chaney
Herb Williams
Lenny Wilkens
Larry Brown
Isiah Thomas
Mike D'Antoni
Mike Woodson
Derek Fisher
Kurt Rambis
Jeff Hornacek
David Fizdale
Mike Miller

That makes TWELVE [12] since Jeff left in 2001 and Thibs signed on in 2020. 

Not exactly a STABLE ENVIRONMENT with which to develop a winning culture. 

Do I have issues with Thibs?

Sure do.  But it wasn't all bad, though that 3-17 stretch stunk to high heaven, and among the issues I have were mis-using Randle and not holding Julius accountable enough. 

But he did develop a core of young players, though fate did have to intervene to get many of them air time, and his stubborness could be infuriating. 

But he refused to tank, and the team began to evolve after the all-star break in many positive ways, culminating in the IQ-Toppin-Sims-RJ blossoming.  Was Thibs' hand forced?  Sure was.  But the team never gave up on Thibs, nor on each other. 

I think replacing Thibs NOW would be counterproductive. 

We are trying to build confidence and continuity. 

Nor do I think the notion of firing him mid-2022/23 make a bit of sense. 

Yes, the likes of Kenny Atkinson and Mark Jackson look tempting, but come the summer of 2023 we will have expiring/team options on Noel, Gibson, Burks and Rose; we will have two #1 picks; we will have one more year of development of Thibs' system with roughly the same cast of characters. 

If major changes are to occur, the Summer of 2023 makes more sense than the summer of 2022. 

Let's see how Thibs can build on what he and the team learned.  Let's see how our puppies from the last three drafts, 2019-2020-2021 [Toppin, Quickley, Grimes, McBride, Sims...and Reddish from the 2019 draft in exchange for Knox from 2018] can develop.  Let's see if Randle can recommit, and if Thibs can figure out a way of deploying him that adds to the motion and pace we developed post-all star break. I mean, Toppin when everyone was chanting his name, was going on about how he and JR had discussed playing on the floor together in 2022-23.  And IQ evolved under Thibs' tutelage to the point where over the last five games, he looked suspiciously like our lead guard going forward.   

If 2022-23 is not a step forward, many heads may roll in the summer of 2023, including that of our coach, and our star player. 

ANYWAY...my two cents.   
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 03:51:02 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23368 on: April 16, 2022, 05:11:38 PM »

That last iteration was a pipe dream. Aside from 3 pt stroke, Hart is a superior player to Fournier in every way. Noel is unplayable. No reason for Portland to get involved.

I would like to point out that there is a difference between a logically constructed roster and a team with chemistry. A player who is positionally redundant but plays hard, smart, with focus, and for the team can be way more help to chemistry than a guy with a clear role and enviable skill set who is selfish or careless on the floor or one who is doing bullshit politicking off it.

Ideally you get a logically constructed roster with team chemistry. Given the half full nature of many glasses, often a choice is forced. I would prioritize fit with ideal approach to the game over fit with talent and natural position.

Just as there is a lot our young guys, Quick, Grimes, McBride, and even Barrett get from Rose and even Kemba, they could get a lot from Bledsoe and Hart who have both made careers working hard and smart.

It aint happening, but it is the type of thing that could really improve our team.

I am also taking it as a given that we waive or trade Kemba.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23369 on: April 17, 2022, 09:35:05 AM »

Laughing at all the disdain for ZION.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 1556 1557 [1558] 1559 1560 ... 1852