Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1795 1796 [1797] 1798 1799 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1019593 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #26940 on: July 21, 2023, 01:27:10 PM »

Rumor is the Spurs are interested in getting Fournier who shares an agent with Wemby and also speaks passable French.

I would take McBuckets back for Ev especially now Dougie is keeping himself in shape.

Got to keep tinkering with that twelfth man spot.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #26941 on: July 21, 2023, 02:18:52 PM »

Rumor is the Spurs are interested in getting Fournier who shares an agent with Wemby and also speaks passable French.

I would take McBuckets back for Ev especially now Dougie is keeping himself in shape.

McDermott would be a dream return.  The Ayotollah Dawg might even grow tumescent.

Would certainly make for a crowded rotation.  Would be a pity if McDermoot simply took Rose and Fournier's spot on the bench.

Word is, problematically,  that Knicks are not inclined to include draft capital.

Hello?

A couple of #2 picks?  Seriously?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 02:27:03 PM by chipstern »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
NBA Trivia
« Reply #26942 on: July 21, 2023, 04:02:02 PM »

You guys hip to this?  https://www.crossovergrid.com/.

I got 5 out of 9 correct today.

Score: 475.84
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26943 on: July 21, 2023, 04:03:19 PM »

McDermott would be a dream return.  The Ayotollah Dawg might even grow tumescent.

Would certainly make for a crowded rotation.  Would be a pity if McDermoot simply took Rose and Fournier's spot on the bench.

Word is, problematically,  that Knicks are not inclined to include draft capital.

Hello?

Stop giving away the store. No picks, just a one for one swap if we do it at all. Getting Doug back would not make us measurably better than getting a buyout agreement from Fournier and signing Charlie Brown Jr. in his stead.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #26944 on: July 21, 2023, 08:24:12 PM »

Hello?

Stop giving away the store. No picks, just a one for one swap if we do it at all. Getting Doug back would not make us measurably better than getting a buyout agreement from Fournier and signing Charlie Brown Jr. in his stead.

Counting our three 2-Way players, and excluding Fournier, we already have FIFTEEN. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26945 on: July 22, 2023, 01:07:27 AM »

We get 18. 15 regular contracts and 3 two-ways.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26946 on: July 22, 2023, 11:32:36 AM »

We may use both the EF ending deal and an extra available slot to facilitate a deal to get Dame to Miami or Harden to LA.

I expect some shuffling well into September.

Still, for now

Mitch Hartenstein Sims
Randle Roby Knight
RJ Hart Jefferies Fournier
Grimes DiVincenzo Martin Keels
Brunson IQ McBride

One regular contract spot is available.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26947 on: July 23, 2023, 01:00:24 PM »

We can endlessly discuss our...15, 16th, I mean...18th roster spot. Or, we can meet Keith Pompey of the Philly Inquirer.

"As the Sixers beat reporter, I provide daily coverage, perspective, a social media presence and long-form takeout pieces about one of the NBA's young emerging teams."

What does Pompey have to say this weekend?

While discussing the idea of a possible Embiid trade with SiriusXM NBA Radio's Evan Cohen and Sam Mitchell, Pompey stated that he could see a trade to the Knicks "absolutely happening."

"Joel already owns a house up in New York, he's had it for a while. The worst-kept secret is that the Knicks have been compiling and keeping ahold of their first-round draft picks hoping, and praying that Joel Embiid asks out ... I can see that absolutely happening," Pompey stated.

* So Chip sez crazyasslesterdawgphantasy, the Sixer's #1 beat reporter sez, what were those words? "can see that absolutely happening," hmmm.......OK!

** BTW, Joel got married Saturday....in the Hamptons.

*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #26948 on: July 23, 2023, 03:40:43 PM »

The Last Daze
Of
Pompei

From the Vesuvius of Vitriol

Our own beloved Ayatollah LessIsMore

Conclusive proof that rumors abound.and as such we rejoice in the cataclysm of wishing as phishing

We are humbled by such a conclusive conclusion that smoke equals fire, because Jo El got married in the Hamptons.

Third Stoner From The Sun

May we never listen to surf music again, nor engage in discussions other than those which invoke the spectre of superstars.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

🕛⚫️🕛
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 09:39:53 AM by chipstern »

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26949 on: July 24, 2023, 12:39:49 PM »

I'm good with 7th, 8th, 9th-man discussions, btw.

But no point in dipping down to 10, no way, not with this coach.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26950 on: July 24, 2023, 02:33:37 PM »

Who are your top 9 on the current roster? That would give us an idea of what besides the exorbitant and insanely complicated might count as an improvement. 

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Dylan Windler
« Reply #26951 on: July 24, 2023, 04:26:22 PM »

Yet another two way signing

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26952 on: July 24, 2023, 06:35:13 PM »

That makes four guys on two-ways.

Knight, Windler, Martin, and Keels. Since we only get to keep three, I think Keels should be the one to go.

Though this is very much an end of the roster conversation, I am happy to have it.

Maybe one day Les will tell us who he considers the top nine roster guys who should be mainstays of this rotation.

Having Windler to practice against should help us with our rotations and deep closeouts. He is a solid stand in the corner guy who can do it on a professional level.

I like Charlie Brown Jr. better than any of our current two-way guys except Knight.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 06:37:50 PM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
A Dawg Hummy For The Ayatollah Less
« Reply #26953 on: July 24, 2023, 09:39:23 PM »

Tim BombTempsThinks There Is No Way Donovan ReUps With Cavs

⚫️💣⚫️

chipstern

• View Profile
Facil A Tater
« Reply #26954 on: July 24, 2023, 10:05:09 PM »

Apparently Keels is on his way out.