Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1851 1852 [1853]

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1080873 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #27780 on: June 26, 2024, 11:42:18 PM »

Pacome Dadiet, is this the French kid we finally get right? 19 with really good percentages in an adult league on low volume. Needs Summer league then a year to go back to the eurolab. Then we shall see. Meanwhile there is more money to bring more of the band nmback together and possibly enough to snatch a Bol Bol.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27781 on: June 26, 2024, 11:43:43 PM »

Letter grades please. Needed as insurance for Juluis. Nets in complete rebuild.

The Knicks just brought in another immigrant who takes a job that could have gone to a kid born here.

A plus.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #27782 on: June 27, 2024, 04:44:31 AM »

disappointing draft choice. A throwaway on this knix team.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27783 on: June 27, 2024, 10:55:53 AM »

my thoughts?? OMF"ING GOD

haven't been this excited for a coming Knick season since the day I stuck my head out a window on Claremont Ave. screaming joy to the world after we won the first draft lottery.

We're adding Bridges to this crew without giving up anybody?????

That said, I ONLY think it's a good move IF we keep iHART...OTHERWISE, a really bad move lol...Celtics kill us again if we're running four on offense v. five, if old man Horford and Pingus Tingus are bombing threes and putting the ball on the floor and all we got at that spot is Mitch lob catches.

But I think we're keeping iHart. I think that's what yesterday was all about. If so, this is gonna be so damn good.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27784 on: June 27, 2024, 11:04:00 AM »

If Hartenstein leaves, well, then we really needed to save those five picks for the 1A scorer mega deal, just the facts, not that he's baby Jokic or anything, but he's a true offensive cog, and there are limits to how far you can go with just four wheels, ECF capped; we want and deserve more, I do believe we are getting it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2024, 11:05:37 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27785 on: June 27, 2024, 08:15:22 PM »

Day two had more fireworks than day one.

Tyler Kolek, Kevin McCullar and Ariel Hukporti join Pacome Dadiet as new Knicks.

Summer league is interesting again.

We got a teenager with high potential on day one then three grown ass men, a backup distributor, a backup wing and backup big all who have reputations for playing hard. I could see all three day two guys making the roster while our day one guy says overseas.

Though, if IHart takes an offer from another team and scoots, Dadiet might find his way on to the squad this upcoming season. I hope Hartenstein chooses to run it back. He is my favorite Knicks center in a long time.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27786 on: June 28, 2024, 04:41:07 PM »

If Hartenstein takes the bag elsewhere

Gogo Bitaze
Jalen Smith
Alex Len
Luke Kornet

Are all UFAs.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #27787 on: June 28, 2024, 07:23:22 PM »

If Hartenstein takes the bag elsewhere

Gogo Bitaze
Jalen Smith
Alex Len
Luke Kornet

Are all UFAs.

Isn't Drummond also a FA?

Local boy as well.

BolBol
MoBamba

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27788 on: June 28, 2024, 10:41:10 PM »

I like all of those actually.

For the new CBA, cap levels and implications

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/_/year/2024/sort/cap_maximum_space

Enjoy!

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27789 on: June 28, 2024, 11:02:32 PM »

I bring up the cap stuff to propose a trade.

Houston is stacking chips to make a big splash. We are expensive as fuck.

I think they whiffed on KD and will have a tough time landing George. We can advance their timeline, gain significant salary flexibility to go hard after Hartenstein and probably even make another move and get some of that juicy Houston pick stash in the process without doing much to dismantle this team.

This centers around sending Julius to Houston. I appreciate him as a player, acknowledging what he has done for us, what he has been through, and the leader he has become. I am concerned about how he has to adjust his game working the shoulder back and how it will hold up and I note that he is expensive and will get more so. So I propose this

Julius Randle and and Jericho Sims for Steven Adams and Tari Eason, an unprotected first and a lightly protected first. We would save 16 mil doing that, getting us far enough down to make a competitive offer for IH. RealGM thinks the trade works and they have updated their stuff to 2024 including the draft class.

This lets us resign Hartenstein and Achiuwa and, if he takes a small haircut, Burks.

We would then look like this

Hartenstein Robinson Adams
Achiuwa Eason Bol
Anonoby Hart Dadiet
Bridges DiVincenzo Burks
Brunson McBride Kolek

The scoring shifts a little to the backcourt but the D and the athleticism improve. You can two-way one or more kids if you want to add minimum vets.

To sweeten it for Chip, McCullar gets a two-way or exhibit 10 and we add Bol Bol to the frontline as a last piece.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 11:22:29 PM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
No Sale
« Reply #27790 on: June 29, 2024, 02:27:09 PM »

Trading Randle is bonkers

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: No Sale
« Reply #27791 on: June 29, 2024, 06:13:36 PM »

Then keeping IHart is a pipe dream.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: No Sale
« Reply #27792 on: June 29, 2024, 08:04:04 PM »

Then keeping IHart is a pipe dream.

Trading Randle to retain  Hartenstein?

Keep your day job.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27793 on: Today at 01:21:30 AM »

Just for that Bol Bol signed back with the Suns. Nice work, Chip.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1851 1852 [1853]