Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 916564 times)

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #2970 on: December 20, 2018, 02:26:26 PM »

Conley is just 2 years (67 mil)....so you could foresee another big signing after that

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Manny
« Reply #2971 on: December 20, 2018, 02:26:59 PM »

Mudiay.... i'm not paying him to put this act up.

Vonleh is the keeper.

Let's say no trades, no big name signings, Vonleh resigns, Kanter walks, and we draft, say, Cam Reddish. Do you prefer a) Mudiay at 15m/3 or b) Delon Wright at 24/3 or c) trade Trier + Dotson to Memphis for Mike Conley's $30m a year deal?

Obviously C is my first choice if Memphis is daft enough to make that deal.

or D  Do nothing
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: December 20, 2018, 02:38:35 PM »

I don't necessarily think it's daft for a team going nowhere anyway to trade a 31-year old 30-million dollar a year (for this year and next year at least) smallish guy who's been hurt a lot the last few years.

What I think would be daft is bringing him in thinking he would change things.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: December 20, 2018, 02:53:10 PM »

I don't necessarily think it's daft for a team going nowhere anyway to trade a 31-year old 30-million dollar a year (for this year and next year at least) smallish guy who's been hurt a lot the last few years.

What I think would be daft is bringing him in thinking he would change things.

This team really has no PG.  I think if we went from no PGs to having a two-way quality PG ... 30 million or 3 million... I think he would change things and accelerate the coachability  of the team since he knows what Fizz wants and expects already.  He would also have the veteran experience to tell Timmy to stop chuckin.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: December 20, 2018, 02:55:10 PM »

Yeah....

I don't think that is how it works.

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: December 20, 2018, 03:05:06 PM »

Sobering, but welcome take on Knicks Film School by Mike Vorkunov when he appeared on their podcast last week. I listened this AM and after the last two games resonated more than maybe had I heard it then.

I thought did a great job of challenging the more rosy outlook that some Knick fans have about things right now while also delving slightly into a debate about media coverage/social media, etc. of teams as Knicks Film School hosts also explained their reasoning for being more "optimistic" compared to some beat writers and aggregator sites who they feel just look to stir things up/post things without context.

Anyone else hear this? Vorkunov did fairly well to challenge the notion that KP is sure to stay given the potential limbo status over resigning since we want the cap space for the summer, and also given those incidents with he and the Knicks leadership could point to his own skepticism about their relationship. I'll say how we handle when he comes back, which was not raised, I could see being something that causes friction. KFS pushed back but I was happy to hear their views challenged in a reasonable way as even though I like them, sometimes I feel it does sound like too much of what we think and not others.

Primiarly, I think of how they sounded convinced that the players we have who are ending their contracts will all be willing to sign 1 year deals if we whiff on KD/Leonard (aka big free agent that's not Walker). That sounded like a big assumption when I heard that a few weeks ago. Vorkunov challenged that, and they did accept it as possible. I know Davis is being touted as possible next summer now, but if we whiff I really wonder what we will do.

Last other point that was key was the touting of our youth and trying to compare to Philly's rebuild. Vorkunov said the players we've drafted of late he does not consider top 10 potential (maybe some fans will think Knox is, KFS didn't refute that statement) and that's a big difference. Also, chances are not all will work out so sometimes that seems to not be kept in mind or assumed. He did say Trier was a good signing, and that if Frank becomes an even average offensive player he will be valuable.

Claimed THJ is likely staying no matter what due to his salary as even teams that miss on a big free agent over the summer they'd rather sign someone who offers the same for less. I will say, we shall see to that one because overpaying in free agency for lesser talent seems to be a theme in the NBA especially since the cap increased so much.

Anyway, their podcast is generally great and most listenable to, and brining on guests like this makes it even more worthwhile.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 03:09:41 PM by PrezIke »

PrezIke

• View Profile
Re: Deal?
« Reply #2976 on: December 20, 2018, 05:24:55 PM »

I'm not advocating shipping Timmy out. 

Biz is the progenitor of that narrative. 

Nor is her alone. 

The endless allure of cap space. 

PS: Biz, is there a link to this "rumor"?  I haven't found a reference on line.

It’s not just cap space though, chip. It’s value for what is spent. He’s not really close to that value for what he offers, which is something, but his cap hit hurts our flexibility.

He’s a high volume low efficiency shooter and scorer who has improved going to the line and arguably defensively but neither are enough to warrant his cost. We need him because we haven’t got consistent scorers from the perimeter but we’re a very bad and young team.

Maybe the injury was causing decline of late as he started better. I hope that’s true.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 05:27:24 PM by PrezIke »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: December 20, 2018, 05:39:44 PM »

So much for Ntilikina’s rebirth since getting those three straight DNPs. Ntilikina averaged 14 points in his first three games back from banishment — with Burke injured. Fizdale said Ntilikina gets timid and loses confidence when things go badly early in his stint, and he’s trying to change his mindset.

“It’s just like any habit is,” Fizdale said. “You’ve just got to stay with it where you build a habit of playing free without worrying about what people say, about what the coach is thinking, what anybody is thinking. It’s just because he’s so unselfish, he’s concerned about that stuff.

“You can see it. When you’re around him long enough, you can tell when he’s like, ‘Screw it. I’m just letting it all hang out and I’m just going to play.’ And you can see when he’s thinking about, ‘If I miss this or if I screw this up, what’s going to happen?'

--

Gee, you guys,  that's what i've been saying for a month or two.  Glad Fizzle sees it too.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: December 20, 2018, 05:42:52 PM »

We need him because we haven’t got consistent scorers from the perimeter but we’re a very bad and young team.

Timmy for Jabari Parker?  Do Bulls do that?

CLee and Mud for Jabari? 

Lee and Lance for Jabari?

Let's make a dealio.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 05:44:35 PM by Kam »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: December 20, 2018, 09:32:26 PM »

Lee and Lance makes sense for us. Don’t think the Bulls would want to though.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: December 21, 2018, 12:42:48 AM »

We need him because we haven’t got consistent scorers from the perimeter but we’re a very bad and young team.

Timmy for Jabari Parker?  Do Bulls do that?

CLee and Mud for Jabari? 

Lee and Lance for Jabari?

Let's make a dealio.

A smart Chicago front office says a quick no to all those deals. Perhaps ForPax might say yes to the first two?

The third is beyond even the worst of management teams (which Chicago clearly is....despite how good WCJ and Lauri look).

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: December 21, 2018, 05:07:05 AM »

Yeah, they are certainly not taking on two vets and extra money going forward to unload Jabari.  So scrap 3.

With ZlaV it doesn't make much sense to add Tim, though they do need outside shooting.

Mud & Dunn as a PG tandem?

Othersowise, it seems that franc doesn't really have 3 point range yet.  Most of his misses are front-rimmers.  And most of his shots involve putting some extra body and arm into the shot to get it that far, or occasionally in.  maybe that's just his form, but if so, it's borne of not naturally having the range.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: December 21, 2018, 07:06:23 AM »

Houston Rockets point guard Chris Paul will be out indefinitely after suffering a strained left hamstring

Paul is 33 and not even half a season into a four-year, $159.7 million contract that he signed with Houston in July.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: December 21, 2018, 08:25:45 AM »

Laughing all the way

All contracts after 32 should be 1 year.  In every sport.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: December 21, 2018, 08:36:11 AM »

Knox at the Duke game with.....

Mudy.

Good to see.

All reports today on Zion to Knicks.

Zion:  "Nah.  That's RJ's team"

Shows they follow the draft order.

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 1848