Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899676 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #4575 on: February 20, 2019, 07:46:08 PM »

A Kanter deGrom 1-2 punch in a short series.... watch out!
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Antonio Brown
« Reply #4576 on: February 20, 2019, 07:50:19 PM »

Look at how AB effectively used media and social media as a way to get off the Steelers (eventually... they agreed to trade him)

Look at how EK used media and social media in his misguided attempt to remain a Knick.

They did all the same exact things basically.    Their messages were different but their actions were the same to produce the outcome that is coming.

Shut up and play if you wanna stay.  The moment you talk, you got to walk.

I'm not being a hardliner against uppity nigras as Lester puts it.   These are TEAM sports.  No room for DIVAS like EK.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: February 20, 2019, 09:01:53 PM »

I would agree that the Knicks didnt need the extra baggage (visa issues, stuff with Turkish govt) - and they werent going away for next season.

So they fukked him good - to look at other guys and (likely) get a higher pick

Is what it is.  Go, Blazers.

(we still need a Kanter, which is why getting Zion is real important and keeping Jordan is a necessity if we dont)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: February 20, 2019, 09:08:23 PM »

Zion's foot just blew out the side of his shoe - first minute of Carolina game

Injured right knee

Unreal.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: February 20, 2019, 09:12:22 PM »

Kanter has less on the floor than Ellison and much less than Zion (on one leg or two) or Jordan.

He won’t be much help to Portland either.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: February 20, 2019, 09:26:32 PM »

He’s really strong,” Damian Lillard said, offering a first impression of his new teammate. “Each time he got the ball, he was able to get a quality shot on the block. He was really good on the block. Really good offensive rebounder. The game looked easy to him.”

Kanter will instantly become the Blazers’ backup center behind Jusuf Nurkic, playing alongside Evan Turner, Seth Curry, Jake Layman and Rodney Hood in a retooled second un

https://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/2019/02/emotional-enes-kanter-joins-portland-trail-blazers.html

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: February 20, 2019, 09:30:06 PM »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: February 20, 2019, 11:39:11 PM »

Mild sprain

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: February 20, 2019, 11:44:47 PM »

He should shut it down.   Get drafted #1.  Sit for a year to heal ( the Porzingis plan)  so his team can draft #1 again next year.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Evil Agent Kam(s)ter
« Reply #4585 on: February 21, 2019, 12:07:26 AM »

He should shut it down.   Get drafted #1.  Sit for a year to heal ( the Porzingis plan)  so his team can draft #1 again next year.

You’re too ambitious for the kid Zion. Or are you trying to be just like Janis? 😅
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: February 21, 2019, 12:17:19 AM »

(we still need a Kanter, which is why getting Zion is real important and keeping Jordan is a necessity if we dont)

I'm not one of the Kanter haters, and the Blazers are a team I really hope does well so I'll still be cheering for Enes in his new digs. But in no way are DeAndre or Zion "a Kanter".

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: February 21, 2019, 02:41:21 AM »

I would agree that the Knicks didnt need the extra baggage (visa issues, stuff with Turkish govt) - and they werent going away for next season.

I don't think this was an issue.  He has a US green card.  I assume that's fine for going to Toronto, and Canada is not going to care about any Erdogan Interpol notice.
It did become an issue for the London game, but that was a one off.  And mostly he was concerned about the reach of Turkish goons, a la Putin's Russian henchmen.

Basically for next year, the Knix simply preferred cap space to Kanter.  Or another way of putting it is the Knix weren't planning on paying Kanter what he would be looking for next year.  So when he became a distraction they dropped him.  Kanter is a terrific rebounder and strong inside scorer.  But can't really defend anywhere on the court.

POR needed to improve their bench (I still don't know why they didn't keep Ed Davis).  Kant is a vet and can help, especially against 2nd units in short stretches.  Rod Hood is erratic and a guy I never trusted, but he can get hot, is fairly athletic and a decent defender (though prone to dumb fouls).   Layman has looked good recently, but who knows how he'll perform in the playoffs. 

Kanter, Evan Turner, Seth Curry, Jake Layman and Rodney Hood
Also Zach Collins and Meyers Leonard.  Those guys likely to play more than Layman.  Pretty much Rod Hood takes all minutes from Layman, unless he stinks.  While Kanter knocks MyLeonard from the rotation.
While both Kant and RodHood have glaring flaws, I like that POR is adding depth and trying to be a playoff threat.
If you can keep a game close, Lillard is a great closer.
And a stronger bench helps get you there.

I missed this:
The Kings traded Labissiere to the Trail Blazers in exchange for Caleb Swanigan.

Skal a future asset.  Won't be ready this year and for these playoffs.
All I know of Swanigan is he was the guy who was 350 pounds in 8th grade ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: February 21, 2019, 09:05:31 AM »

I'm not one of the Kanter haters, and the Blazers are a team I really hope does well so I'll still be cheering for Enes in his new digs. But in no way are DeAndre or Zion "a Kanter".

Big board guys......

Of course they also change shots.....

Just dont see going forward without that type being added to Mitch and the others.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: February 21, 2019, 08:36:41 PM »

NBA draft age going to 18.

Always a little sad and disappointing when it takes something bad happening to make people realize the current state of things is stupid.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 1844