Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1074598 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #9585 on: December 21, 2019, 01:59:54 PM »

with ease = easily

ease past = slipping by
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 02:03:05 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9586 on: December 21, 2019, 02:02:48 PM »

Tim Jr. Last 10 Games
0-1 made 3 Pointers: 5 games
2-3 made 3 Pointers: 2
5+ Made 3-Pointers:  3
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9587 on: December 21, 2019, 08:21:42 PM »

Trade down off of Knox - for Divincenzo PLUS

How's that looking?

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9588 on: December 22, 2019, 12:26:15 AM »

Iffy.

I'd say no thanks ...

Knox 19 Pts, 4 Boards, 3 Blocks, 2 Steals and a team high +8 (in a blowout loss) all in 24 minutes.

So I wonder why Elf started.  MIL doesn't even use a PG with Bled out.  Maybe coach was afraid of a blowout loss of the sort that sent Fizz packing(?)   Or maybe it's just the Knick slow 1Q starts.  Certainly didn't change anything -- Knix down 14 after 1Q ...

I don't think playing 3 PG's is tenable.
I'd send Jr. Smith or Franc down to the Gleague to get mucho reps.  Though I realize that's not how the NBA does things.  And actually I think you'd need their agreement, since they are both 3rd year players.  But I'd only play 2 and instead of having the 3rd sit and DNP, I'd have him getting 30 mins a night running a team (just in the burbs).  I think that would be good for Franc to act as a table setter and scorer; good for Smith to regain confidence and work on his outside shot in real game situations.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 04:34:54 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #9589 on: December 22, 2019, 01:41:56 AM »

Saw the Heat game in Miami Friday night. Close to the floor so everything seemed lightning fast. The Heat's young talent (Nunn, Robinson, Jones Jr., Adebayo, et al) is amazing. I mean, what the fuck? That offense moves beautifully. There couldn't be a stronger contrast to the Knicks who looked bloody awful, and whose offensive sequences were both boring and inept. They managed to lose the game within 5 minutes.

Some brief glimmers of pleasure watching Robinson, and Portis happened to be hot in the 2nd half, but everything else was embarrassing. Just uncompetitive. And at the risk of beating a dead horse, Frank clearly looked like the weakest of the weak. Just one cringe-worthy play after another. Payton is no all star, but at least he runs like an NBA guard with good vision and an aggressive motor. Can we at least agree that Frank seems to be regressing instead of moving forward? In retrospect, playing a year in Westchester might really have helped the guy. Who know? But if he's your starting guard, something is terribly wrong.

For such a bad team, at least the Knicks still seem to have decent morale with the guys on the bench genuinely pulling for one another. It will be interesting to see how long that endures if they keep losing like this.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #9590 on: December 22, 2019, 08:01:41 AM »

Trade down off of Knox - for Divincenzo PLUS

How's that looking?

Dubious

[Cough...knew this was coming with Biblical certitude when DD went off against the Knicks vaunted 3-point defense]

Might I suggest you get a grip on your white boy fixation.  Nice player, to be sure...however...

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/grahade01.html

Devonte Graham.  WAY MORE impressive. 

Shooting roughly 40% from trey this season. 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 08:17:48 AM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Bo D
« Reply #9591 on: December 22, 2019, 08:38:15 AM »

Still mulling over your Spencer Dinwiddie trade. 

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #9592 on: December 22, 2019, 08:42:46 AM »

So I wonder why Elf started.  MIL doesn't even use a PG with Bled out.  Maybe coach was afraid of a blowout loss of the sort that sent Fizz packing(?)   Or maybe it's just the Knick slow 1Q starts.  Certainly didn't change anything -- Knix down 14 after 1Q ...

I'd send Jr. Smith or Franc down to the Gleague to get mucho reps.  Though I realize that's not how the NBA does things.  And actually I think you'd need their agreement, since they are both 3rd year players.  But I'd only play 2 and instead of having the 3rd sit and DNP, I'd have him getting 30 mins a night running a team (just in the burbs).  I think that would be good for Franc to act as a table setter and scorer; good for Smith to regain confidence and work on his outside shot in real game situations.

I think its load management of 3 PGs.  Frankie started Miami and Milw a back to back. Makes sense.  DSJ got a little more exposure.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9593 on: December 22, 2019, 12:40:59 PM »

Knox 19 Pts, 4 Boards, 3 Blocks, 2 Steals and a team high +8 (in a blowout loss) all in 24 minutes.

Knox doesn't seem to make winning plays

Let me know if that statline comes up

a)  in a close win

b)  more than twice in a month

Donte is better.  Shit happens - they took the guy that was slightly taller and had longer arms
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 01:07:47 PM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9594 on: December 22, 2019, 01:18:08 PM »

I'd send Jr. Smith or Franc down to the Gleague to get mucho reps.  Though I realize that's not how the NBA does things.  And actually I think you'd need their agreement, since they are both 3rd year players.  But I'd only play 2 and instead of having the 3rd sit and DNP, I'd have him getting 30 mins a night running a team (just in the burbs).  I think that would be good for Franc to act as a table setter and scorer; good for Smith to regain confidence and work on his outside shot in real game situations

I dont think not playing every game will stunt anyon'es development

Damage was already done with the fragile Smith - anyone's guess if the confidence can be built back up.

Elfrid, though still young - is already a fairly finished product - and the deserving starter moving forward. 

Frank will roll with whatever.... and I guess that is a feather in his cap.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9595 on: December 22, 2019, 01:55:53 PM »

[Cough...knew this was coming with Biblical certitude when DD went off against the Knicks vaunted 3-point defense]

Had nothing to do with last night

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9596 on: December 22, 2019, 01:58:14 PM »

Good site for future reference re:  player moves

https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball/nba/player/30434/frank-ntilikina

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9597 on: December 22, 2019, 03:25:04 PM »

Devonte Graham.  WAY MORE impressive.

Maybe, for now.

I hadn't touted Graham as the trade down pick but did mention him pre draft.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9598 on: December 22, 2019, 04:06:51 PM »

The Minnesota deal would be Bullock, Knox, Smith and Portis for Wiggins and a #2 pick.

33 for Wiggins last night

Having a fine season, as Chip would say.

Not certain Minnesota would deal him.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9599 on: December 22, 2019, 05:21:23 PM »

For such a bad team, at least the Knicks still seem to have decent morale with the guys on the bench genuinely pulling for one another. It will be interesting to see how long that endures if they keep losing like this.

Sometimes this can go along with little accountability.
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 1852