Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 654 655 [656] 657 658 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 915709 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #9825 on: January 01, 2020, 11:01:28 PM »

With the victory, our coach is 500 with this team.

Not shabby!

Impossible. Even great coaching can’t transform a team from nothing in a month. This can’t be a decent roster despite all the youth we’re carrying and relatively low payroll/high flexibility?

Nah.

Not with the Princeton mafia running things.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Coaching
« Reply #9826 on: January 02, 2020, 01:07:21 AM »

With the victory, our coach is 500 with this team.

Not shabby!

Impossible. Even great coaching can’t transform a team from nothing in a month. This can’t be a decent roster despite all the youth we’re carrying and relatively low payroll/high flexibility?

Nah.

Not with the Princeton mafia running things.

How about great coaching after ATROCIOUS coaching? Don’t seem the same team, does it?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Me 3
« Reply #9827 on: January 02, 2020, 01:10:56 AM »

So good we got a real coach. This game was FUN. Haven't felt so good about the Knicks for a long time.

Sure was. Good thing I got over Z'Bo's passing in time to bounce back and watch....

Nice start to 2020 for Knick fans.

*** easy to believe Damian and perhaps a few other Trailblazers may have been suffering from the aftermath of spending New Year's Eve in the Big Apple, but whatever, we'll still take it.

**** hard to believe, 1,000 posts and a year-and-a-half later, a brand new decade begins with Kam still trying to crawl out of Enes' Anus.

So glad u 3 Les. U my doggie, but if you’re in the pussy club u may have to become a Lestercat... Oh well, lemme think of something 🤔

PS. I don’t care if Damian was spending New Years Eve in the Big Apple. So were the Knicks.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 01:15:11 AM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9828 on: January 02, 2020, 01:11:45 AM »

Carlos, this team is still made up mostly of those same players.

Suggested lineup change should everyone be healthy for the road trip.

Mitch Taj
Randle Portis
Morris Knox
Bullock RJ
Payton Frank

Put for serious vets with Mitch out to start. Takes pressure off of RJ. Dot stays eleventh man barring any deals. Minutes distribution based on performance and matchups according to Mr. Miller’s will and inclination.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Coaching
« Reply #9829 on: January 02, 2020, 01:18:21 AM »

Carlos, this team is still made up mostly of those same players.

What a difference a coach makes, huh?

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9830 on: January 02, 2020, 01:31:46 AM »

No doubt at all about that. I’m getting about as protective of Mike Miller as I was of JVG and his Civic. We put up a score from this century while holding the Blazers to a last century output. Against a coach who is himself known to be pretty good. There are no longer long stretches of continually repeating useless sets and schemes.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
John Starks > Frank Ntilikina
« Reply #9831 on: January 02, 2020, 02:12:25 AM »

So Happy For Frank.  A Signature Moment. 

PS: Fun

PPS: Fun...Fun...Fucking FUN

PPPS: Miller with a coherent 11-Man Rotation (and everyone made a contribution).  Mitchell Robinson > Octo-PositivePussy.  Randle cementing his status As A Leader.  Morris and Portis coming up big.  Frank with a breakout game [combined with Payton for 18 assists].  Bullock with an auspicious debut. 

PPPPS: Coherent offense.  Excellent spacing and ball movement and sharing of the rock.  Improved three point and free throw shooting. 

PPPPPS: Drinks all around.  Dawg is buying (and howling at the moon).  Eagerly await Pharoah's ANALYSISAnd a moratorium on stupid trades

PPPPPPS: FUCK MARK JACKSON. 

Okay, the buzz lingers [over already]...next...reality awaits on our western swing: Suns, Clippers, Lakers and Jazz.  YIKES.  Coach Miller's in game adjustments have been spot on, and his practice/preparation commendable.  Miller is what, 6-6 since taking over from Steve Harvey, er, David Fizdale.  Somewhere, BoD is lurking, contemplating whether to comment on the quality of our opponents.  Well, all rough match-ups awaits, including Monty Williams' much improved Suns.  WE SHALL SEE.  The Knicks Coaching Gig Is Mike Miller's To Lose. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9832 on: January 02, 2020, 02:58:19 AM »

Well, POR is 14-21 for a reason and is relying on 35 year old Melo.
Have lost 5 in a row and as far as I can tell hasn't beaten a team over .500 since G3 of the season, when they beat the then 2-0 Mavs.

But this is the type of play the Knix should have been doing.  Getting the starters to play coherently and then using depth to whip out a bench advantage.  Of course, Bobby "Sometimes" Portis and Franc and Mitch are exactly consistent.  Be good if we can find a bench unit that has some chemistry.

29 assists to 7 turnovers must be one of the better efforts of the season.  Knix are 10-24, be good to get some more W's and get the coach some breathing room, but I wouldn't advocate going vet heavy.  We need development (RJB, Knox, Mitch, Franc, Dot) more than we need W's in a lost season.  We need balance.

Gotta keep the momentum up @ PHX and worry about the tough teams after that.  We get PHX x2 amidst some top teams, so better hope we can beat PHX.  They just got Ayton back.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9833 on: January 02, 2020, 03:04:55 AM »

Stern is dead.

Don Larsen too. 
Pretty amazing to reach great heights on the biggest stage.

Darren Collison mulling February return, likely to an LA team

I'd prefer he goes back to INDy.
He really upped his game the last year or two.
I'd rather play for LAC were Pa Bev gets injured a lot, instead of with LeBJ dominating the ball and Rondo there.  Meaning Collison could be more of a PG for the CLips and more of a spot-up shooter for LAL.  I think.  I haven't seen many games this year; haven't seen the new-look Clips.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
sell high!
« Reply #9834 on: January 02, 2020, 03:50:11 AM »

I really don't understand guys like Fizz.  His guard-the-paint strategy wasn't working.  Switching was too complicated for our newly patched together group of iffy defenders, so teams were just killing us from the perimeter.  And yet he stuck to what wasn't working.

Reminiscent of Woodson who preached switching when we didn't have the personnel for it (as he did previously in ATL).

I can understand trying your preferred approach.  But when it fails, you go on to Plan B.   You have to use strategies that your players are capable of executing.  This I'm Going To Fail My Way instead of making adjustments is bizarre to me.  You have to keep focus on the goal and results, not the process.

Anyway, I thought Fizz was a BS-er from the get-go, and too indulgent with players (mostly Randle our highest paid player; but also RJB our prized rook).  I think in Fizz's world, you let those two do what they want without much guidance and you can float through since your two most important players are happy.  (though nobody is really happy with losing).

I don't have much of a read on Malone, but I like the idea of the Knix just having a hard-working no-name lifer grinding away as coach.  A little old school approach (Fizz thought he was new school, player-friendly, hip) to guide us along.  So far the team has responded, especially Julius Randle.

BTW, next dozen games features 8 against contending teams and 4 against losers.  (there's only two middling teams left in the League -- BKY and OKC -- or really 3 with POR).  So better hope we can beat PHX here and there, @Cle and NOPe.  Because the other 8 games will be rough.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9835 on: January 02, 2020, 08:39:32 AM »

I hadn't looked at the payrolls.
Damn, Kemba makes a lot!

I can see why a deal would probably need to center around Hayward.

This is kind of interesting:
KAT + Dieng = Hayward, Theis and one of Tatum/Jaylen

Minny would get 3 good players and ditch Dieng's big next year.

If this went down it would likely be BOS trying to pry KAT away, assuming MINNy wants to keep their franchise guy.  So they get a young replacement possible all-star in Tatum (or Jaylen), an overpaid jack of all trades Gordo, and a serviceable C.

Meaning Minny would demand a steep price for KAT.
And the niggling could be over Tatum or Jaylen.

Would you go for that bank?  With Jaylen in the trade?  Or Tatum?

IDK

I assume one of the J's has to go in a KAT trade, its like Sophie's Choice, (sorry if anyone's offended) there is no good choice. Both players have very high upsides and are getting better. Those guys will be 2-way monsters.

If I'm giving up either one plus Gordo (if he stays healthy he's a very good and smart player, he could be a difference maker this year if no trade for a big is pulled off, IMO jack of all trades underplays his abilities) I don't want Dieng, I keep Theis, and perhaps go instead for Covington.

That one works on the trade machine

Tatum + Hayward = KAT + Covington

I might stand pat thought, I really like the Celts as designed, even if they're a little small, They're legit good and if everyone ever plays together are deep and will be a pain in the ass in a series.

That's not really close.  Covington souldnt be in there - and Celts need to add #1s

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9836 on: January 02, 2020, 08:42:23 AM »

29 assists to 7 turnovers must be one of the better efforts of the season. 

18 to zero from our point guards

And welcome, Reg Bullock

"My teammates know what I can do...."

Seems he is having strong practices.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9837 on: January 02, 2020, 10:07:43 AM »

I hadn't looked at the payrolls.
Damn, Kemba makes a lot!

I can see why a deal would probably need to center around Hayward.

This is kind of interesting:
KAT + Dieng = Hayward, Theis and one of Tatum/Jaylen

Minny would get 3 good players and ditch Dieng's big next year.

If this went down it would likely be BOS trying to pry KAT away, assuming MINNy wants to keep their franchise guy.  So they get a young replacement possible all-star in Tatum (or Jaylen), an overpaid jack of all trades Gordo, and a serviceable C.

Meaning Minny would demand a steep price for KAT.
And the niggling could be over Tatum or Jaylen.

Would you go for that bank?  With Jaylen in the trade?  Or Tatum?

IDK

I assume one of the J's has to go in a KAT trade, its like Sophie's Choice, (sorry if anyone's offended) there is no good choice. Both players have very high upsides and are getting better. Those guys will be 2-way monsters.

If I'm giving up either one plus Gordo (if he stays healthy he's a very good and smart player, he could be a difference maker this year if no trade for a big is pulled off, IMO jack of all trades underplays his abilities) I don't want Dieng, I keep Theis, and perhaps go instead for Covington.

That one works on the trade machine

Tatum + Hayward = KAT + Covington

I might stand pat thought, I really like the Celts as designed, even if they're a little small, They're legit good and if everyone ever plays together are deep and will be a pain in the ass in a series.

That's not really close.  Covington souldnt be in there - and Celts need to add #1s

Nope its right on the money.

The equation reflects the NBA CBA rules and works under the Trade Machine calculations.

And I agree the TW might want #1s in addition to Tatum and Gordo, and its negotiable to a point.   (as is the inclusion Dieng/Covington etc)

Or the Celts could wait a year and hope the Memphis #1 yields another gem in '20 or '21.

IMO the Celts don't need to trade away two all-stars and a lottery ticket, and restructure a team that should be able to compete at the highest levels for years, for  KAT and Dieng.

Pharoah

• View Profile
« Reply #9838 on: January 02, 2020, 11:31:25 AM »

The Knicks started 2020 with a win that makes three in a row for the first time this season. New York beat up on the Portland Trail Blazers 117-93, holding a team with Damian Lillard, CJ Mccollum and Carmelo Anthony to 39% from the field. When I say that everything went right, I really mean it. The Knicks shot just under 50% from the field, they hit just under 40% of their three point attempts and they tallied a ridiculous 29:7 assist to turnover ratio. Get this, they even shot a higher percentage from the free throw line (barely). This was a win predicated on tough defense and a ton of ball movement. Even when the Blazers kept it close early, they rode some tough three point makes and an absolute shooting gem from Melo. The one Blazer who came to perform at the Garden was the one guy the Garden came out to show love for. So we Knicks fans got literally everything we could ask for. We got to watch Melo go off at MSG one more time but we still got the blowout with vets and youth alike doing big things...Let's get to the gushing:

Payton: Last night's Frank Ntilikina, "I swear he played better than those numbers say" award went to Elfrid Payton. Payton had a tough shooting night but his playmaking paced the Knicks early and he paired that passing with strong defensive play against Lillard. The entire Knicks had an "anyone but Dame" mentality on the night and Payton might have set that tone too, never letting the Blazers' star have easy looks from three. The starting PG put up 4 points, 8 assists to 0 TO's, 4 boards and 2 blocks in 25 minutes. He did this on 2/9 from the field, 0/3 from three and 0/2 from the free throw line. No he couldn't buy a bucket, but he contributed in other ways and gave the Knicks another night without a single turnover.

RJ: RJ Barrett just can't seem to string together a series of good games lately. He's had some nice games but always followed by tough ones. Against the Blazers, he was due for some struggle and struggle he did. On a night when damn near everyone else played well, the Knicks top pick rookie had a dud. RJ put up 7 points and 4 boards with 3 TO's (no assists). It was another case of the jumper not being there to open up the rest of his attack options. RJ shot 3/12 from the field, 1/4 from three and missed his only FT.

Here's the thing, against a team with Hassan Whiteside waiting in the middle and while chasing around CJ Mccollum most of the night...I can understand the struggle numbers. Barrett still flashed his prowess with a pretty and-one finish to start the game but beating Whiteside inside is all about drawing him in and kicking it to someone else. Barrett seemed to let frustration with the jumper lead to some forces at the rim against tough protection instead. There are some rookie wall signs but it's hard to say when his recent performances have been so tied to whether or not he's getting shots to fall at range.

Morris: Amid some sore achilles reports, Marcus Morris has seen his efficiency slip a bit but is still an impact player. What was nice to see last night was that while he didn't hit jumpers at the insane clip he's notched so far this season, Morris accentuated his game with some nice passing and better work on the boards. Morris put up 18 points, 3 assists and 7 boards. So while he shot 7/19 from the field and 2/7 from three, Morris was able to tally more assists and rebounds than his season average.

If you follow these recaps, I constantly harp on a player finding ways to produce even when he can't score. Marcus Morris has been a go to scorer for most of the season, but right now Randle's taken over that mantle. Morris has responded with multiple assist games in the past three games. When both the Knicks' forwards become threats to be a scorer or a playmaker; the entire offense syncs up in scary fashion.

Randle: When Julius Randle picks his spots instead of attacking indiscriminately, the man is a nightmare to cover. Between his jumper coming around, chemistry with Payton and more touches inside the three point line as opposed to out; we're finally seeing the potential that Randle truly has. Add to that, we're seeing more committed defense to boot. No Knicks player has benefited more from the simplified defense and increase in pick and rolls. Randle notched 22 points, 12 boards and 3 assists to 3 TO's. in 30 minutes. He did so on 8/15 from the field and 3/6 from three.

Randle was one of two players that just felt like he could get whatever he wanted. The big man would shoot when bigs dropped off of him or barrel past them when they got too close. When he was defended well, Randle moved the ball and let the offense reset instead of his typical forces. He did go a little haywire at the end of the first half with a turn over and a pair of bad shots that evaporated a 7 point lead late in the second. But that small run was the only period where we saw old bad habits creep in.

Taj: If there's one knock on Taj Gibson, it's that true centers can be problematic for him as he's a bit undersized. This held true in Gibson's match-up with Hassan Whiteside. As a result of the tough match-up as well as just brilliant play from Mitchell Robinson; Taj only got 10 minutes. He went 1/1 for 2 points and an assist.

Frank: It's funny that with just 7 FGA's in the past two games, Frank Ntilikina has still managed to play some of his most aggressive ball of the season. That's because Ntilikina has made a concerted effort to attack off the dribble and get inside. I've mentioned that Whiteside is a guy that you draw in so that you can put a pass behind him. Well the French Prince did that to perfection all night, throwing alley-oop after alley-oop to Mitchell Robinson. Frank finished with 9 points, 10 assists to 0 TO's, 3 boards on 3/5 from the field and 1/3 from three. He managed all of this in just 23 minutes of play.

Here's what's especially wild. In just 3 makes, Frank was able to show off his aggression. One of the FG's was a behind the back dribble to a pull-up three pointer that looked like running a drill. Another field goal was an emphatic dunk as Blazers defenders all stayed on their men for fear of the assist. Ntilikina just picked apart the defense in a manner that showed his upside all over. Add to that, he was still his usual brilliant self defensively. Frank blocked two jumpers and picked off a pass via a smart defensive rotation. The only player that Frank had some trouble with was Melo who drew fouls and scored in post up situations.

Bullock: The first two guard off the bench for the Knicks was Reggie Bullock, making his debut. It took all of 15 minutes for Bullock to give signs of the type of player that the Knicks are getting. He knocked down threes, played consistent defense and demanded defensive gravity thanks to his ability to score. Bullock started his Knicks career with 11 points and 2 boards on 4/9 from the field and 3/5 from three. This is a true 3 and D piece that the Knicks sorely need, hopefully he can keep it up and based on his past play; he should be able to.

Dotson: It's probably a bit weird to see limited action like Damyean Dotson did in light of Bullock's return. Dot only saw 13 scattered minutes and never really got himself into the flow of the game. That's not to say he played poorly, Dot moved the ball well but he just didn't get opportunities to score. He settled for 2 assists without a turnover of a field goal attempt. Not bad, but obviously there isn't much to talk about on a quiet night like this.

Knox: I suppose I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but while the production is muted I've been happy with a lot of the things Kevin Knox has done on the floor in recent games. Knox has played with good energy on both ends of the floor and he hasn't forced much of anything. He just can't seem to get the jumper fully unlocked lately and that has muted his scoring numbers. Knox put up 5 points, 7 boards and 1 assist in 17 minutes. He shot just 2/6 overall and 1/4 from three on the night.

The kid has flashed promising rebounding ability in the past. We know he can get hot from three too. Add slow but sure improvements in his defensive play and you're looking at a player that can stay on the floor even when he struggles shooting. He also didn't always settle for three, turning down a decent look to drive and move the ball a couple of times. I really think he's scratching at the surface. If he keeps up this style of play, when the jumper starts to fall he'll string together some impressive games.

Portis: Bobby Portis knocked down multiple 4th quarter threes in cold blooded fashion that locked up the blow out. He played his typical solid effort prior to that but the "sweep the leg" moments in the fourth helped him compile a really nice box score overall. In just 21 minutes, Portis dropped 17 points, 1 assist to 1 TO and 6 boards. He shot 6/11 from the field and 3/4 from three. He's quietly up to 37% from three and has settled into a role where he can break things open if he's got the hot hand but has proven a willing passer when that's not the case. I've gained more and more appreciation for his effort as the season's gone on.

Mitch: From the moment Mitchell Robinson stepped onto the court, it felt like he was going to do whatever the hell he felt like. It started with some offensive boards and putbacks as well as some dunks...it continued with more offensive rebounds and some dunks. Mitch received the lion's share of the love from the Knicks' PG's combining for 18 assists and 0 TO's. When players couldn't feed the young Center, he'd clean up anything they missed. So over 27 minutes, Robinson went 11/11 from the field (tying a record for perfection) and notched 22 points, 8 boards, a block and a steal.

I can't stress just how dominant this felt. During the third quarter, the Knicks felt like they were on the verge of breaking the game open. Melo was going off to keep things close. Mitch came onto the court and quickly helped double team Melo in the post. By the fourth quarter, Melo wasn't scoring anymore and neither were the rest of the Blazers. Mitch only had to come off of the floor for some damned mercy (ironically it didn't work because Portis decided to go full Lil Ze in the hotel on 'em). Robinson was a game breaker. If the ball went up, he'd get a hand on it.

Miller: One of my favorite moments of the whole night came at the post game press conference. Someone tried to bait Mike Miller into throwing David Fizdale under the bus by citing Julius Randle's uptick in production since Miller has taken over. Coach quickly gave all credit to the player and moved on to gushing about just how well his point guards had played. If anything it's this humble approach that has pervaded the Knicks' recent play. The defense has been simplified for the players and the offense encourages ball movement that we simply hadn't been seeing before. There was one play where Frank went for a drive and kick, the ball flew around the perimeter for four passes and every guy could have taken the shot but chose to wait for a better one. This has been the nature of quite a few recent wins, with assist numbers to support the eye test, a lot of egos have been checked at the door.

Another notable moment from last night came as the Knicks held a fairly commanding lead but let up a bit defensively. I don't if think Portland scored on the play if memory serves, but the fact that they got an easy look and that the Knicks had a couple of rushed shots meant that Miller was calling a timeout. The Knicks hadn't lost momentum, they'd been building up a lead in actuality...but that bit of slip up in play was enough for Miller to settle everyone down to refocus. I mark out hard for those kinds of heady moves. We want a 48 minutes a night basketball team, this is how you instill that.

Other bits: I'm not gonna miss a chance to show some love for Carmelo Anthony. I loved his post game press conference too. He was really out there trying to drag the Blazers into a competitive game while Lillard and CJ put up a combined 11/36 from the field. Those dudes put up 28 points on 36 attempts and yet there was Melo drawing a ton of fouls and forcing out the Knicks best defender in the first half (Frank) for a while. I know things got rocky in NYC, but Knicks fans should all be able to appreciate a star player that wanted to be here so bad he fought to stay.

One last thing, it's undeniable that the Knicks have had a soft stretch of schedule. It's also undeniable that they weren't even beating the bad teams for most of this season. They needed a run like this to get some confidence back and some trust in each other built up. Miller had time to really lock in some offensive sets and defensive philosophy too. After Phoenix, there's a truly tough run of opponents peaking through with both buzzsaws in LA starting off the All-NBA mode stretch of basketball. It will be interesting to see if the Knicks can keep composure and at least make these games competitive. It's one thing to beat the bad teams, but being able to compete on every single night is you make a step toward actually being playoff viable. I'm not sure this roster is there yet but I at least trust that it has begun to maximize its collective talent.

chipstern

• View Profile
Pharoah
« Reply #9839 on: January 02, 2020, 01:24:33 PM »

Thanks.  Well thought out and articulated as per usual. 

One thing.  Julius Randle is a skilled and willing passer.  Again, not turnover proof, that's for shit sure, but this is a contagious plus on a team enduring wrenching beatdowns, and stuggling to find cohesion and a consistent focus for 48 minutes a night. 

That transition pass he made to Mitchell from the top of the key, facilitated in good part by the omnipresent threat of Randle driving to the rack, was just off the Richter Scale.  Not a perfect pass, a little behind Mitchell, but he just lassoed that little doggie for an Octopus Slamma Jamma that had me screaming. 

It was only one play, but it was a tone setter, and you could discern some of the air going out of the Blazers' balloon, and how much all of Randle's mates, including Morris, were inspired to do likewise.  Ball movement....is a beautiful thing. 

BoD: Point taken as to the Blazers' struggles, and we are for sure entering the NO EXCUSE ZONE out west, with some scary ass matchups and the potential for deflating beat downs.

Having acknowledged all of that, I don't much care what the Blazers' record is.  The Lilliard-McCollum backcourt is one of the scariest in the NBA, and we all have fresh memories of them dick slapping our Knucks to within an inch of human dignity.  Clearly they were fatigued from a rough road trip, but just as clearly our man to man and help defense gave them fucking fits. 

I mean, the Blazers were not only 10-32 from three, but an overall 37-94, for a 39.4% shitting percentage, not unlike how we tied up the Nyets, and those percentages add up to losing hoops. 

I'm I ready to proclaim myself a believer. 

Not hardly, but good signs, positive milestones. 

However, Devin Booker awaits on Friday, speaking of getting DICK-SLAPPED, and you can bet Ayton will have his game face glued on for Mitchell. 

The Knicks remain a work in progress, but under the more flexible, phlegmatic Mike Miller, they are no longer the jerkoffs in regress they were under the more flamboyant, and STUBBORN, Fizdale.  These Knicks feel as though they are coming together, and are capable of competing, if not prevailing, every night.   

PS: Interesting that when the Knicks cashiered Fizz, they also dispatched his #1 son Smart as well.  Miller, a career second banana, appears more sensitive to the contributions and earning potential of his capos than Don David was.   

https://nypost.com/2019/12/07/allan-houston-pushed-hard-for-mike-millers-knicks-chance/

PPS: Also, I think it is worth crediting the Players ONLY MEETING, as well as the brutal dispatch with which Mills & Perry cashiered Fizdale, given his likability in the coaching fraternity, given that they had sadly concluded that THEIR HIRE, was putting EVERYONE AT RISK, and that the season and our roster was salvageable, but only if Mills & Perry accepted the brutal mockery and backlash that was bound to come down the pike.  And again, credit ALLAN HOUSTON for making the MIKE MILLER case, and for nurturing him in Westchester. 

Pages: 1 ... 654 655 [656] 657 658 ... 1848