Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 954 955 [956] 957 958 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750982 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #14326 on: August 18, 2021, 05:50:40 AM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14327 on: August 18, 2021, 07:43:13 AM »

The other day when Laura Ingraham didn't understand, and was poking fun at my world's lockdowns...the daily case numbers of covid delta have doubled since then in Sydney basically.
650 new daily cases, 550 in SW and Sydney, mostly areas one might call "immigrant ethnic enclaves".
70% of those virus cases caught in people's homes...people refusing to stop visiting family.
Rising number of hospitalisations.
The hospitals are starting to get strained.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14328 on: August 18, 2021, 09:05:32 AM »

What I especially like about the Greg Abbot story is how many of the movers and shakers in the Texas GOP he exposed himself to before coming out to the public.

If he has Delta or something worse, I hope, as it spreads through the community, they can look at it as part of God’s judgement of their many years going astray and can use the experience to mend their ways, renounce the republican party, and return to the American fold.

I'm just hoping they can keep it within their party and not spread it to others, including their kids.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14329 on: August 18, 2021, 09:12:43 AM »

The other day when Laura Ingraham didn't understand, and was poking fun at my world's lockdowns...the daily case numbers of covid delta have doubled since then in Sydney basically.
650 new daily cases, 550 in SW and Sydney, mostly areas one might call "immigrant ethnic enclaves".
70% of those virus cases caught in people's homes...people refusing to stop visiting family.
Rising number of hospitalisations.
The hospitals are starting to get strained.

One of these days, you will figure out that that entire wing of political "philosophy" to which you are so attached has exactly that same difficulty with every problem that individual humans have in this world.

Their mockery of others' suffering is legendary, along with their assertions that people who are sick, poor, or suffering some other misfortune must have done something to deserve their situation and if they are poor they are lazy and don't work hard.

But... one of the things we find is that even when folks with that mindset realize that things are wrong with it in this area because of something that impacted them personally, they cannot transfer the discovery to other fields where it is just as valid. There is little to no cross-domain learning.

We can hope.

But we should not hold our breaths.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14330 on: August 18, 2021, 09:16:03 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/18/economy/xi-jinping-china-wealth-redistribution-intl-hnk/index.html

The thing that astonishes me about this is that apparently, Xi is about to actually follow the communist creed that he and his party have sworn by for decades, but have never heeded before in their history!

If China were to actually become a communist country, it would be an amazing experiment on a scale never before seen.

(If they introduced human rights at the same time...)

Holly Martins

« Reply #14331 on: August 18, 2021, 09:37:48 AM »

Holly Martins

« Reply #14332 on: August 18, 2021, 09:40:52 AM »

These doses will be rushed into the arms of 16-40 year olds.

Tony's photo of Ms Jaberi made me yearn for the days when I could be rushed into the arms of 16-40 year olds.   

Holly Martins

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14334 on: August 18, 2021, 09:55:27 AM »

Where is Joe?

Holly Martins

« Reply #14335 on: August 18, 2021, 09:57:01 AM »

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article253546029.html

Drown this recall in its fucking bathtub.

A legal argument that's both clever and true in how it underscores you could wind up with a governor elected by only a fraction of the total,  and vastly outnumbered by the total of those who still prefer Newsom.   Yes,  the recall,  as set up,  is a travesty.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14336 on: August 18, 2021, 09:59:08 AM »

What I especially like about the Greg Abbot story is how many of the movers and shakers in the Texas GOP he exposed himself to before coming out to the public.

If he has Delta or something worse, I hope, as it spreads through the community, they can look at it as part of God’s judgement of their many years going astray and can use the experience to mend their ways, renounce the republican party, and return to the American fold.

Abbott the superspreader!

Like Sturgis.

Heh.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #14337 on: August 18, 2021, 10:38:44 AM »

Elsewhere in Afghanistan, the Taliban blew up a statue depicting Abdul Ali Mazari, a militia leader killed by the Taliban in 1996, when the Islamic militants seized power from rival warlords. Mazari was a champion of Afghanistan’s ethnic Hazara minority, Shiites who were persecuted under the Sunni Taliban’s earlier rule. That further raised concerns about whether they would make good on their promises, including not seeking revenge on those who have opposed them.       -- from AP top stories this a.m.

Anyone who read the bestselling "The Kite Runner" will understand the fear that's in the Hazara community atm. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14338 on: August 18, 2021, 10:45:30 AM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #14339 on: August 18, 2021, 10:59:24 AM »

More for Kid and Ward to ignore:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/17/politics/mark-esper-donald-trump-taliban-afghanistan-cnntv/index.html

You are correct

Deserves to be ignored

Washington (CNN)Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Tuesday that he was concerned that then-President Donald Trump "undermined" the US' 2020 agreement with the Taliban by pushing for US forces to leave Afghanistan without the Taliban meeting the conditions of the deal.

The Trump administration's "Agreement for Bringing Peace to Afghanistan" outlined a series of commitments from the US and the Taliban related to troop levels, counterterrorism and intra-Afghan dialogue aimed at bringing about "a permanent and comprehensive ceasefire."
But, Esper told CNN's Christiane Amanpour, "my concern was that President Trump, by continuing to want to withdraw American forces out of Afghanistan, undermined the agreement, which is why in the fall when he was calling for a return of US forces by Christmas, I objected and formally wrote a letter to him, a memo based on recommendations from the military chain of command and my senior civilian leadership that we not go further -- that we not reduce below 4,500 troops unless and until conditions were met by the Taliban."
Pages: 1 ... 954 955 [956] 957 958 ... 2924