Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 983 984 [985] 986 987 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751008 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #14760 on: August 24, 2021, 09:28:44 AM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/08/23/gops-big-government-lie-exposed-republicans-rush-to-squash-local-control-in-fight-against-covid/

“Unfortunately, all that Republican caterwauling about the mitigation strategies had been extended to the vaccines and tens of millions of GOP voters have refused to save their own lives and the lives of those around them out of a determination to believe conspiracy theories, misinformation and the not so subtle signals from the GOP elite.”

True believers willing to die for the cause and take you with them.

Give us those numbers -

unvaccinated Republicans - vs unvaccinated Dems and Independents

Thanks

Again?!

I just showed you the results based on COVID deaths in counties that were pro-Trump vs. neutral vs. pro-Biden.

Here's a different take:
https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-profile-of-the-unvaccinated/

Or from the NYT:
As coronavirus cases rise across the United States, the fight against the pandemic is focused on an estimated 93 million people who are eligible for shots but have chosen not to get them. These are the Americans who are most vulnerable to serious illness from the highly contagious Delta variant and most likely to carry the virus, spreading it further.

It turns out, though, that this is not a single set of Americans, but in many ways two.

In one group are those who say they are adamant in their refusal of the coronavirus vaccines; they include a mix of people but tend to be disproportionately white, rural, evangelical Christian and politically conservative, surveys show.

In the other are those who say they are open to getting a shot but have been putting it off or want to wait and see before making a decision; they are a broad range of people, but tend to be a more diverse and urban group, including many younger people, Black and Latino Americans, and Democrats.

With cases surging and hospitalizations rising, health officials are making progress in inoculating this second group, who surveys suggest account for less than half of all unvaccinated adults in the United States.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14761 on: August 24, 2021, 09:29:39 AM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/08/23/gops-big-government-lie-exposed-republicans-rush-to-squash-local-control-in-fight-against-covid/

“Unfortunately, all that Republican caterwauling about the mitigation strategies had been extended to the vaccines and tens of millions of GOP voters have refused to save their own lives and the lives of those around them out of a determination to believe conspiracy theories, misinformation and the not so subtle signals from the GOP elite.”

True believers willing to die for the cause and take you with them.

Give us those numbers -

unvaccinated Republicans - vs unvaccinated Dems and Independents

Thanks

How about reading the article and it’s accompanying links:

“In recent days there has been an increase in calls from Republican lawmakers encouraging people to get a COVID-19 vaccine. The latest data from the KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor (fielded from July 15-27) finds 56% of Republicans saying they either have already gotten a COVID-19 vaccine or plan to do so “as soon as possible,” statistically unchanged from June (54%). While this is the largest share of Republicans reporting this intention since we began the Vaccine Monitor, Republicans lag behind both Democrats (89%) and independents (67%) in their willingness to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

WHO REMAINS UNVACCINATED?

A previous KFF analysis examined the demographic groups among the unvaccinated population finding two distinct groups, those who are open to getting a vaccine (“wait and see”) and those who say they will definitely not get a COVID-19 vaccine. The latest KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor finds the key demographic differences between the “wait and see” and the “definitely not” groups still center on racial and ethnic identity and political partisanship. Four in ten of those in the “wait and see” group are people of color, while the most vaccine resistant group, those who say they will “definitely not” get a COVID-19 vaccine, is overwhelmingly made up of White adults (65% of the group compared to 50% of the “wait and see” group). Partisanship also plays a major role with more than half (58%) of the “definitely not” group identifying as Republican or Republican-leaning. In addition, religious identity also plays a role as White Evangelical Christians make up nearly twice the share of the “definitely not” group (32%) as the “wait and see” group.”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #14762 on: August 24, 2021, 09:39:37 AM »

I still think arguing over what political persuasion the non-vaccinated are is a pointless debate. If there needs to be labelling can’t the non-vaccinated be called “fools”?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Holly Martins

« Reply #14763 on: August 24, 2021, 09:46:15 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/syrias-suffering-families/milana-vayntrub-lily-those-t-ads-has-message-syrian-refugees-n684241

She must have missed 9-11, the Boston bombathon, etc., etc.
Were any of them Syrian?

Once people are two shades darker than Alabastard and of a different religion than he is, Luee doesn’t see any such trivial distinctions.
Islam is not a race. The belief matrix is the same kill the infidel, rape his women, commit suicidal murders and have a wonderful sex life in space. The Donald had many failures but keeping the horde out was not one. No major landmarks blown up while he was in office.

Sex in space!

The horde!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14764 on: August 24, 2021, 10:05:07 AM »

I still think arguing over what political persuasion the non-vaccinated are is a pointless debate. If there needs to be labelling can’t the non-vaccinated be called “fools”?

I think arguing over it is pointless, because the evidence is in.

The political persuasion is important because it is largely through the efforts of the so-called leaders of the GOP and their media voices that the rank and file of the GOP falls into that "fool" category and trying to help them to see that they are dying because of those elected individuals and television talking heads.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14765 on: August 24, 2021, 10:34:45 AM »

I think arguing over it is pointless, because the evidence is in.

The political persuasion is important because it is largely through the efforts of the so-called leaders of the GOP and their media voices that the rank and file of the GOP falls into that "fool" category and trying to help them to see that they are dying because of those elected individuals and television talking heads.
What is Trump’s position on getting the vaccine?
And there is huge difference between endorsing the vaccine and observing the reasons against getting the shot.
Arguing against, say,  vaccination passports or a government mandate is not arguing against getting the shot.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14766 on: August 24, 2021, 11:42:27 AM »

Obama called the Taliban a "JV" team.

We must not allow the Taliban to return to power.

The world needs to speak up.

I watched a guy on television from NATO and he does not support the Taliban.

We must not fear the Taliban, we need to stand up and remove them, and we must allow the people of Afghanistan to have a free and fair election.

I am sure that the world supports a free and fair election in Afghanistan. The world needs to speak up.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14767 on: August 24, 2021, 12:06:08 PM »

The Taliban is not a legitimate government, they just went in with guns and took control, and then they shoot the protesters. We must not allow that.

We need to go in with the United Nations, NATO, and others, and we need to allow the people of Afghanistan to have a free and fair election. 

I would love to go in and give a speech to the United Nations.

I had a boss from when I managed a dog kennel, he served in the Marines in World War II, he was a dog trainer and a dog handler, and he also managed dog kennels for the Marines. He served in Japan. And on the wall of the office of his dog kennel he had a picture of the United Nations.

He loved the United Nations, and he saw the United Nations as being our best hope to avoid another world war. He had high hopes for the United Nations. 

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/un-security-council-discussing-condemnation-of-taliban-2509462

The United Nations needs to strongly condemn the Taliban, and we need to go into Afghanistan and we need to help them to have a free and fair election. We need to go in now while we still control the airport.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14768 on: August 24, 2021, 12:07:02 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/afghanistan-news-taliban-refugees-08-24-21/h_dba453c301fa721c7fd090a048a1e31e

I don't think the issue of inserting or not inserting an extra 6,000 (or other number) of troops into Afghanistan at this point has anything to do with our ability to retrieve Americans and rescue those who worked with us from the Taliban.

It's possible that we need to bring a broader set of the latter's families with them to keep them safe, but I gather that is happening where those individuals are willing.

The activation of the Civilian Air Reserve is a wise, if slightly overdue, move. Only slightly overdue, tbh.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14769 on: August 24, 2021, 12:09:06 PM »

The Taliban is not a legitimate government, they just went in with guns and took control...

How do you think the Taliban was removed from power, Tony?

Foreign countries just went in with guns and took control.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14770 on: August 24, 2021, 12:20:34 PM »

The Taliban is not a legitimate government, they just went in with guns and took control...

There is a difference, we are taking it away from the bad guys to give control to the good people.

And when the people of Afghanstian see ships full of seeds, and farming equipment, etc, showing up as a gift from the world to the people of Afghanistan, then they will see how good we are, and that we are there to help and we care. We are not evil people, we are good people, and when they see new apple orchards, etc, they will know we are good people.

Good people tried to get the people of Afghanistan to grow cotton, and fools blocked them, we need to be able to go in and help the people of Afghanistan to grow cotton in spite of people who want to block any healthy progress in Afghanistan.

The Taliban wants for the people of Afghanistan to be poor and desperate so that they can control them. We need to make the people happy and successful and we need to turn the power over to the people. We want the people of Afghanistan to be free and happy with good human rights, we are good people.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 12:23:59 PM by FlyingVProd »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #14771 on: August 24, 2021, 12:21:09 PM »

Obama didn't refer to the Taliban as the JV, he referred to ISIS as that. 

"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14772 on: August 24, 2021, 12:33:53 PM »

The Taliban was never a legitimate power, let alone an elected one,  and never recognized  by any government or international organization.
The Taliban was kicked out of their reign of Islamic terror and lies by Afghan rebels after it refused to extradite  Osama Bin Laden.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14773 on: August 24, 2021, 12:43:13 PM »

Vatican News

1 hour ·

The Economy of Francesco launches a global march for Afghan women to be held on 28 August, to shine the spotlight on their plight amid the recent Taliban takeover of Afghanistan.

------------------------

We must all get out and march for the women of Afghanistan, and for the people of Afghanistan.

Salute,

Tony V.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14774 on: August 24, 2021, 12:49:01 PM »

Oh, !
Those polls

Biden performance as President

USA Today poll

Approve 41% Disapprove 55%

( only half approved of his handling of the pandemic, 39% of his handling of the economy, 26% of his handling of the Afghan withdrawal.)

Rasmussen Daily

Approve 44 Disapprove 55

( In May, only 33 percent strongly disapproved of Joe Biden, while 29 percent strongly approved — a gap of just -4 points. Today, a near majority of 47 percent strongly disapprove, while only 26 percent strongly approve, a -21 point gap.)
Pages: 1 ... 983 984 [985] 986 987 ... 2924