Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1384 1385 [1386] 1387 1388 ... 2799

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 660807 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #20775 on: November 16, 2021, 12:41:00 PM »

The simple truth is that what Ponzi was to finance and what fortune-telling is to science, Joseph McCarthy is to politics.

Quoted from the WaPo.

Ponzi-politics is being used on both sides of the aisle.

We moderates aren't buying into it, thank you very much.

We moderates is what the Good Germans called themselves.

There are a bunch of people who want to start shooting and not stop until trump is returned to power on a rising mountain of corpses. A major political party spends more energy egging them on and amping them up with a steady stream of lies than it does coming to the table to negotiate anything on any issue.

The compromise these people will consider is that you can become their slave rather than a victim in the murder spree they plan. It should be a nice deal for you, good moderate.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #20776 on: November 16, 2021, 12:49:17 PM »

They are building the new high speed trains in New York for Amtrak...

https://www.railwaypro.com/wp/rehabilitation-begins-for-acela-train-facilities/

As we build our high speed trains we need to build the trains here in America, and we should strive to build the best high speed trains in the world.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 12:53:42 PM by FlyingVProd »

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #20777 on: November 16, 2021, 01:12:15 PM »

I would agree with Bart in blaming the media, which I take to include social media, because it doesn't just amplify but also isolates.  The hoi polloi that Hamster would like to choose a middle path - many have trouble even conceiving what a middle path would be while their feeds bristle with imminent threats of some barbarian horde rolling in and shooting them or mindfucking them and their children.  Either communist barbarians or RW fascist barbarians or white supremacist ethnic cleansers, depending on the feed. 

When Fac starts saying that moderates are equivalent to good German Nazi-enablers, then I suggest that is sort of a barbarians at the gate mentality. 
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20778 on: November 16, 2021, 01:15:41 PM »

That's wholly unAmerican, and you should know it.

The middle is where the path to the future lies.

Even Lincoln knew that.

The culture war is real,  but the media whips it into a frenzy,  and amplifies it like Nigel Tufnels amp that goes to 11.

No, most people are lazy and just succumb to the media's influence.

I am not sure I agree that most people are lazy, though I agree they succumb to media influence.

I suspect they are ill-equipped to know to, let alone how to, counter the way media impacts their brains/minds. I know it is among the things that the whole critical thinking movement was intended to counter, in at least part, but which never quite got to the core of for most folks. (Nor do I know if it was a failure of design, of intent, of execution, or simply too much to demand of that approach to the topic.)

And confirmation bias plays a huge part, as well.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20779 on: November 16, 2021, 01:19:39 PM »

https://www.k12dive.com/news/great-resignation-underscores-need-for-access-to-career-exploration-and-w/610112

We need to change how we teach about work and careers.

And think societally, we need to consider what such things will mean with the changes on the horizon, whether automation, energy, or climate - hence economic.

I continue to be struck by that chart that shows the parallels of wages and productivity until the early 70s when productivity kept going up, but wages stagnated.

Something changed then, not for the better. And something needs to change again, but not even slightly in the same way.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #20780 on: November 16, 2021, 01:28:15 PM »

I would agree with Bart in blaming the media, which I take to include social media, because it doesn't just amplify but also isolates.  The hoi polloi that Hamster would like to choose a middle path - many have trouble even conceiving what a middle path would be while their feeds bristle with imminent threats of some barbarian horde rolling in and shooting them or mindfucking them and their children.  Either communist barbarians or RW fascist barbarians or white supremacist ethnic cleansers, depending on the feed. 

When Fac starts saying that moderates are equivalent to good German Nazi-enablers, then I suggest that is sort of a barbarians at the gate mentality.

They are at the fucking gate.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #20781 on: November 16, 2021, 01:41:31 PM »

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20783 on: November 16, 2021, 03:34:35 PM »

Awwww...

Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who served as a national security aide at the White House until earlier this year and was up for promotion to colonel, will leave the military instead, his attorney, David Pressman, said in a statement.

Through a campaign of bullying, intimidation, and retaliation, the president of the United States attempted to force LTC Vindman to choose between adhering to the law or pleasing a President. Between honoring his oath or protecting his career. Between protecting his promotion or the promotion of his fellow soldiers.  LTC Vindmans patriotism has cost him his career.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 03:36:48 PM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #20784 on: November 16, 2021, 03:37:31 PM »

Even by treason-monkey standards you are pretty mangy, Kid.

Now that republicans have stopped pretending they love freedom or the nation, they are more than happy to denigrate our troops.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 03:41:30 PM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20785 on: November 16, 2021, 03:48:31 PM »

The simple truth is that what Ponzi was to finance and what fortune-telling is to science, Joseph McCarthy is to politics.

Quoted from the WaPo.

Ponzi-politics is being used on both sides of the aisle.

We moderates aren't buying into it, thank you very much.

We moderates is what the Good Germans called themselves.

There are a bunch of people who want to start shooting and not stop until trump is returned to power on a rising mountain of corpses. A major political party spends more energy egging them on and amping them up with a steady stream of lies than it does coming to the table to negotiate anything on any issue.

The compromise these people will consider is that you can become their slave rather than a victim in the murder spree they plan. It should be a nice deal for you, good moderate.

I bet you though that made sense. 

The infrastructure bill is a good example of how progress is really made in this country,

It only passed because of the work of the moderates in both parties, and not the so-called progressives or the radical right.

It was the middle that got it done.

If you were honest, you'd admit that inconvenient truth.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20786 on: November 16, 2021, 03:52:22 PM »

Responsible Americans filter the media, read all arguments critically, and respond to the issues of the day. The far left and the extreme right, and those who tend toward them,  are reactionaries, and cannot be trusted to lead the country.

It would behoove Biden to speak up a lot more loudly to that vast majority in the middle who understand what really needs to be done.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20787 on: November 16, 2021, 03:54:47 PM »

Awwww...

Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who served as a national security aide at the White House until earlier this year and was up for promotion to colonel, will leave the military instead, his attorney, David Pressman, said in a statement.

Through a campaign of bullying, intimidation, and retaliation, the president of the United States attempted to force LTC Vindman to choose between adhering to the law or pleasing a President. Between honoring his oath or protecting his career. Between protecting his promotion or the promotion of his fellow soldiers.  LTC Vindmans patriotism has cost him his career.[/i]

Honor and real patriotism beyond your comprehension, kid?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20788 on: November 16, 2021, 04:08:14 PM »

As the jury in the Rittenhouse trial began deliberations, Fox News spoke with two protestors outside of the courthouse about what could happen in Kenosha if the jury acquits the 18-year-old of charges that he shot three people during protests in 2020, killing two.

We hope it wont cause violence, one protestor leading anti Rittenhouse chants through a megaphone told Fox News.

Another woman said if there is violence, it will be from Rittenhouse supporters.

If he is acquitted, you are going to have these idiots [Rittenhouse supporters] out here doing stupid shit, she said.

The same woman said she worried if there was violence following the verdict, minorities would be characterized as responsible.

Us Black people that live in Kenosha, us Brown people that live in Kenosha are going to be blamed for that.

Uh....what???
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20789 on: November 16, 2021, 04:31:13 PM »

Responsible Americans filter the media, read all arguments critically, and respond to the issues of the day. The far left and the extreme right, and those who tend toward them,  are reactionaries, and cannot be trusted to lead the country.

It would behoove Biden to speak up a lot more loudly to that vast majority in the middle who understand what really needs to be done.

I am unconvinced that the folks in the middle are the vast majority at this stage, polling or no polling.
Pages: 1 ... 1384 1385 [1386] 1387 1388 ... 2799