Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1602 1603 [1604] 1605 1606 ... 2919

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 744471 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #24045 on: February 07, 2022, 07:06:00 PM »

We need to make our immigrants legal, like Reagan did.

We need for workers to be able to earn enough money to buy a home and raise a family from working the construction trades, etc.

In the 1950s a man hanging dry wall could buy a home and a car and he could support a family, but now we have illegal immigrants doing the work for $10 per hour cash under the table and the immigrants live in a one bedroom apartment with 10 people living there, and no one can make a living.

We need to make our immigrants legal so that they can join labor unions, and so that they can call the police in the case of an emergency, etc. And all of our workers, including established citizens as well as new immigrants need to be able to earn enough money from honest work to be able to buy a home and raise a family.

Salute,

Tony V.

Seems to me you need to seal the Mexican border, stop illegal immigration, stop people smugglers, and introduce a legal guest worker program, with a pathway to citizenship if America needs more immigrants.
What America doesn't need ...more drug dealers, organised crime figures, rapists, murderers, unlicensed drivers killing Americans on the roads etc just waltzing in over the porous border.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24047 on: February 07, 2022, 07:32:56 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24048 on: February 07, 2022, 07:33:38 PM »

No idea Canadian govt is just letting the trucker etc protesters shut down Canada's capital city.
Yes, trucker protesters have taken over Canada...the nation has fallen. Gee that was quicker than Hitler took over France.
I now see clearly why Americans want to be  armed with big guns.
Long live guns, the bigger the better with which to defend one's home and family!
Canadians are now sitting ducks in their homes, anything could happen to them now.

I just looked up the word "Delusional". Your picture was there. You need to get some Rogaine, and work out a bit. Or Mrs bambu is going to keep wandering.

She's had many offers over the decades to wander, but there are some women in the west who value and honour their wedding vows.
Anyway, she would likely find no more loyal servant than ol' bambu. :)

You don't live in the West. You're closer to Beijing than Paris.  A lot closer.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #24049 on: February 07, 2022, 07:36:25 PM »

And?

Choices have consequences.

Better to decrease the surplus population of idiots in the world.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #24050 on: February 07, 2022, 07:41:39 PM »

Somewhere, Justice Taney must be happy.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/02/07/politics/supreme-court-alabama/index.html

And old Jeff Davis, too.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24051 on: February 07, 2022, 07:47:42 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24052 on: February 07, 2022, 07:47:59 PM »

And?

Your consideration for those who suffer the consequences without having had a voice in the decision-making, as always, is striking.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #24053 on: February 07, 2022, 07:51:27 PM »

https://www.science.org/content/article/malaria-preventing-bed-nets-save-children-s-lives-impacts-last-decades

Oh, but "the people" don't like those kinds of beds, so we had best get rid of them.

Ever since Ronald Ross discovered the cause and means of transmission in the 1890s, it's been a dismal slog getting nations to come together on preventive measures that were understood over a century ago.  Europeans and other temperate zone people have tended to dismiss more action with the rationalization that tropical peoples have natural immunity.  While partly true, it ignored the massive mortality even among tropical people, especially when population increase drove more into proximity with malarial marshlands and poverty made home protection beyond family budgets.  (when I read about the history of slavery, malaria was also a big factor in the shift from indentured servitude and indigenous slavery -- so many died from malaria that Africans began to command premium prices due to their greater resistance, and so it was seen as worth the cost of shipping from Africa and making deals with tribes.  They were also more resistant to yellow fever.)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #24054 on: February 07, 2022, 08:14:14 PM »

We need for workers to be able to earn enough money to buy a home and raise a family from working the construction trades, etc.

In the 1950s a man hanging dry wall could buy a home and a car and he could support a family, but now we have illegal immigrants doing the work for $10 per hour cash under the table and the immigrants live in a one bedroom apartment with 10 people living there, and no one can make a living.

We need to make our immigrants legal so that they can join labor unions, and so that they can call the police in the case of an emergency, etc. And all of our workers, including established citizens as well as new immigrants need to be able to earn enough money from honest work to be able to buy a home and raise a family.

Salute,

Tony V.

Seems to me you need to seal the Mexican border, stop illegal immigration, stop people smugglers, and introduce a legal guest worker program, with a pathway to citizenship if America needs more immigrants.
What America doesn't need ...more drug dealers, organised crime figures, rapists, murderers, unlicensed drivers killing Americans on the roads etc just waltzing in over the porous border.

I live down here by the border with Mexico, Mexico is only 100 miles away, and I love the Mexicans. In New York they love Canada, and in California we love Mexico. We do not need any walls, and these people are our Brothers. We need to treat them like Brothers. We need to make our immigrants legal, plus we need a new Good Neighbor policy, plus we need to invest in the ports in Mexico, and we need to welcome the Mexican truck drivers. We also need workers for our vineyards, and for our orange groves, and for our strawberry fields, etc. And we need for the Mexicans to be able to join the unions, they need to be able to join the Teamsters, and the Construction Unions, and the United Farm Workers, etc. We need for all of our people to be protected by the law, and all men are created equal.

We love the Mexicans here in California.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #24055 on: February 07, 2022, 08:22:08 PM »

And?

Your consideration for those who suffer the consequences without having had a voice in the decision-making, as always, is striking.

Miss the point much?

Free will.

His choice.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #24056 on: February 07, 2022, 08:23:30 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

I live down here by the border with Mexico, Mexico is only 100 miles away, and I love the Mexicans. In New York they love Canada, and in California we love Mexico. We do not need any walls, and these people are our Brothers. We need to treat them like Brothers. We need to make our immigrants legal, plus we need a new Good Neighbor policy, plus we need to invest in the ports in Mexico, and we need to welcome the Mexican truck drivers. We also need workers for our vineyards, and for our orange groves, and for our strawberry fields, etc. And we need for the Mexicans to be able to join the unions, they need to be able to join the Teamsters, and the Construction Unions, and the United Farm Workers, etc. We need for all of our people to be protected by the law, and all men are created equal.

We love the Mexicans here in California.

Salute,

Tony V.

Why don't you move to Mexico? Then you can play immigrant, too.

I'm sure they'd love to have you, legally or illegally.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #24057 on: February 07, 2022, 08:25:09 PM »

https://www.science.org/content/article/malaria-preventing-bed-nets-save-children-s-lives-impacts-last-decades

Oh, but "the people" don't like those kinds of beds, so we had best get rid of them.

Ever since Ronald Ross discovered the cause and means of transmission in the 1890s, it's been a dismal slog getting nations to come together on preventive measures that were understood over a century ago.  Europeans and other temperate zone people have tended to dismiss more action with the rationalization that tropical peoples have natural immunity.  While partly true, it ignored the massive mortality even among tropical people, especially when population increase drove more into proximity with malarial marshlands and poverty made home protection beyond family budgets.  (when I read about the history of slavery, malaria was also a big factor in the shift from indentured servitude and indigenous slavery -- so many died from malaria that Africans began to command premium prices due to their greater resistance, and so it was seen as worth the cost of shipping from Africa and making deals with tribes.  They were also more resistant to yellow fever.)

And they played better basketball, too.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24058 on: February 07, 2022, 08:30:13 PM »

Holly Martins

« Reply #24059 on: February 07, 2022, 08:37:06 PM »

Somewhere, Justice Taney must be happy.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/02/07/politics/supreme-court-alabama/index.html

And old Jeff Davis, too.

Manchin and Sinema, too.

Nobody should be happy with this shadow docket crap.  Roberts was correct, the district court decision should be allowed to stand until the supremes get to it in the fall.
Pages: 1 ... 1602 1603 [1604] 1605 1606 ... 2919