Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1606 1607 [1608] 1609 1610 ... 2919

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 744381 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #24105 on: February 08, 2022, 04:44:23 PM »

Gene Robinson, on a question about Amir Locke shooting, from today's Q and A in WaPo:

I couldnt agree more about the grievous tactical errors, starting with the decision - to my mind, unjustified - to obtain a no-knock warrant in the first place. In the cases you mention (and too many others), police used tactics that increased rather than decreased the potential for deadly violence. It is in no way anti-police to point this out. Rather, it is pro-police to urge avoiding needless split-second situations that can go wrong and result in loss of life. When you startle someone, their initial reaction is likely to be sudden - and potentially to appear threatening. De-escalation has to be the aim, not commando-style tactical surprise.   

I think this nailed it, so far as most people's feelings about police.  Yes, we support their mission, but we don't want military style commandoes bursting in on sleeping people who do not present any immediate danger. 

Police officers don
they now their gay apparel.
A parrot bit me.

Holly Martins

« Reply #24106 on: February 08, 2022, 07:51:06 PM »

Gene Robinson, on a question about Amir Locke shooting, from today's Q and A in WaPo:

I couldnt agree more about the grievous tactical errors, starting with the decision - to my mind, unjustified - to obtain a no-knock warrant in the first place. In the cases you mention (and too many others), police used tactics that increased rather than decreased the potential for deadly violence. It is in no way anti-police to point this out. Rather, it is pro-police to urge avoiding needless split-second situations that can go wrong and result in loss of life. When you startle someone, their initial reaction is likely to be sudden - and potentially to appear threatening. De-escalation has to be the aim, not commando-style tactical surprise.   

I think this nailed it, so far as most people's feelings about police.  Yes, we support their mission, but we don't want military style commandoes bursting in on sleeping people who do not present any immediate danger. 

Police officers do not issue warrants. Judges do

Try reading.  He said the mistake was deciding to OBTAIN a no-knock warrant (like, from a judge).  Again, way to miss the point and address the core issue here.

Pink ruffles optional. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24107 on: February 08, 2022, 07:55:38 PM »

Police officers do not issue warrants. Judges do

Try reading.  He said the mistake was deciding :) to OBTAIN a no-knock warrant (like, from a judge).  Again, way to miss the point and address the core issue here.

Pink ruffles optional.
I m pretty sure Oilcan can speak for himself

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #24108 on: February 08, 2022, 08:36:04 PM »

It's an online forum.  Anyone can respond to any post, dipstick.

The word was "obtain." Not "issue."  What difference who points this out to you?
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24109 on: February 08, 2022, 08:41:42 PM »

Can Red still spark his wee outdated lightbulb?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24110 on: February 08, 2022, 09:00:20 PM »

The word was "obtain." Not "issue."  What difference who points this out to you?
So what

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24111 on: February 08, 2022, 09:17:36 PM »

Do you have apoint to make?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 09:59:38 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24112 on: February 08, 2022, 09:23:01 PM »

So what

You made the comment that "Police officers do not issue warrants. Judges do," which was both asinine and irrelevant.

The response to you is pointing out how irrelevant your comment was.

Understand, yet?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24113 on: February 08, 2022, 09:48:00 PM »

So what

You made the comment that "Police officers do not issue warrants. Judges do," which was both asinine and irrelevant.

Understand, yet?
No.
Please explain asinine and irrelevant.
This ought to be good.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24114 on: February 08, 2022, 10:09:17 PM »

Review any of your posts over the last decade or so for a taste of both.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24116 on: February 08, 2022, 10:29:55 PM »

http://www.emptywheel.net/2022/02/08/the-eight-trump-associates-whom-doj-is-investigating/

Red can clearly hear the footsteps. He is plainly spooked as fuck that his beloved fascist army will collapse before his eyes.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24117 on: February 08, 2022, 10:34:47 PM »

So what

Understand, yet?
No.
This ought to be good.

It ought to, I agree. But unfortunately, you are dishonest.

So, I'll explain, but I know in advance that you will deny, lie, and obfuscate.

You made an erroneous comment about police not issuing warrants, as it had nothing to do with either the story to which you were responding or the circumstances related to the story.

That was the irrelevant part.

The asinine part was your response when this was pointed out to you, as if you had not, yourself, made the mistake.

Always glad to spell things out for you, Ward.

p.s. Your request to have something I am pretty sure was already clear to you explained was also asinine. The insult that accompanied it was gratuitous.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24118 on: February 08, 2022, 10:35:53 PM »

Speaking of his fascist army, more evidence that "the people" in the case of the truckers are a combination of contrived and misled.

https://www.grid.news/story/misinformation/2022/02/08/the-hacked-account-and-suspicious-donations-behind-the-canadian-trucker-protests

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24119 on: February 08, 2022, 11:14:31 PM »

So what

Understand, yet?
No.
This ought to be good.

It ought to, I agree. But unfortunately, you are dishonest.

So, I'll explain, but I know in advance that you will deny, lie, and obfuscate.

You made an erroneous comment about police not issuing warrants, as it had nothing to do with either the story to which you were responding or the circumstances related to the story.

That was the irrelevant part.

The asinine part was your response when this was pointed out to you, as if you had not, yourself, made the mistake.

Always glad to spell things out for you, Ward.

How was it irrelevant?
No knock warrants are issued so subjects of them will not have time to destroy evidence or prepare for violence.
If the complaint is those warrants ought to be revised or eliminated then that is a matter for the appropriate legislative body that created them.
The police are only caught in situations where they have to prepare for  the worst in carrying out their duties.
A NO KNOCK warrant means they are walking into a potentially dangerous situation.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 11:18:09 PM by REDSTATEWARD »
Pages: 1 ... 1606 1607 [1608] 1609 1610 ... 2919