Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1621 1622 [1623] 1624 1625 ... 2919

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 743944 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #24330 on: February 13, 2022, 10:04:58 PM »

We must never tire of standing up for peace, even against all odds.

Standing up for peace is great.

Nobody objects.

Being even slightly realistic might be nice.

You know, just for a change.

Richard Branson clicked like on my idea for a peace concert on Facebook, Richard is rich and powerful enough to make a peace concert happen.

We cannot just quietly allow a war to happen. We need to do whatever we can to keep the peace.

FB "likes" don't equate to "I will pour my money into this idea.

And rich enough does not equate to powerful enough to make Putin do something Putin doesn't want to do.

AUTOCRAT, Tony. You do know what that means, yes?

We may need to do whatever we can, but I think that's what Biden is doing. He just thinks he has a better chance than he does of getting Bon Jovi into Russia for a peace concert.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #24332 on: February 13, 2022, 10:17:44 PM »

That was a great football game, and Los Angeles needed this boost.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #24333 on: February 13, 2022, 10:26:58 PM »

We need to all do whatever we can to promote peace between Russia and the Ukraine. Biden needs to work for peace, as does Europe, and the United Nations, and NATO.

And the people need to each help in whatever way we can.

And the Philippines needs the money, they can benefit from supplying Siberia and all of Russia with pot. We can make Russia more peaceful, while helping the good people of the Philippines.

A peace concert in Moscow might be hard to accomplish.

I just wish we could appeal to the best in humanity, and if only the beauty of Russian Ballet could come through in their foreign policy right now. And if only the brilliance of Stanislavski could come through in the peace talks.

If we can have peace, then we must focus on attaining peace.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #24334 on: February 14, 2022, 12:10:15 AM »

I had some friends from Nicaragua, they were pissed off at the USA because we supported both sides in their civil war. Carter supported the Sandinistas, and Reagan supported the Contras, and meanwhile the people of Nicaragua died. Many refugees from Nicaragua came to California. My friends love the beach, and they love the peaceful surfer lifestyle. And they like the old hippy music and the San Francisco hippies and flower children. They are all about peace and love.

The people who have seen the horror of war always want peace.

Oliver Stone served in Vietnam, and Oliver is a big lover of peace. Oliver also supports the Philippines. Oliver is one of my favorite filmmakers.

We need to give peace a chance.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #24335 on: February 14, 2022, 01:44:31 AM »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24336 on: February 14, 2022, 09:57:01 AM »

Well Shit!
That did not go well!

New Boston Mayor Michelle Wu was lit up with criticism during an Instagram live video over the vaccine mandates and other COVID-19 restrictions.
Wu started up her Instagram live question and answer session this week addressing several coronavirus mandates in Beantown.
The stream did not go as Wu had planned. Angry Bostonians unleashed a torrent of criticism at Wu over the COVID mandates.

Why do you hate kids? Teachers? Cops? Firemen? one of the commenters said, while another accused Wu of ruining our great city!
Wu appeared stunned by the onslaught of messages, her smile dropping as the comments rolled in.
The video quickly went viral, with thousands piling on Wu over the video.
Wu criticism comes as COVID restrictions across America are being lifted, notably in blue states.

Democrats have been scrambling to lift the restrictions ahead of the 2022 midterm elections, which many expect to be a referendum on President Biden.

Power to the vocal small minority of the People, provided they are far right wingers, that is, because otherwise we would have defended the police in 2020!
FIFY.
A parrot bit me.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #24337 on: February 14, 2022, 10:03:50 AM »

All the way with peace and stop rattling your sabre like your a world policeman. Advice for Joe from those who lived through Vietnam and read about WW1.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Holly Martins

« Reply #24338 on: February 14, 2022, 10:40:02 AM »

Thanks, Neville.

Holly Martins

« Reply #24339 on: February 14, 2022, 10:42:00 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/13/asia/new-zealand-freedom-convoy-protest-barry-manilow-scli-intl/index.html

NZ weaponizes Barry Manilow against the protesters.

The Matt Mulholland recorder version of My Heart Will Go On would be the nuke option.

(the candle light video, btw, is hilarious)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24340 on: February 14, 2022, 11:11:30 AM »

All the way with peace and stop rattling your sabre like your a world policeman. Advice for Joe from those who lived through Vietnam and read about WW1.

And not from those who lived through WWII or especially the relatives of those who died in German camps during WWII.

Nor would those who lived through Stalin's re-invasion of Czechoslovakia, etc., offer the advice you put forth.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #24341 on: February 14, 2022, 11:55:44 AM »

---And not from those who lived through WWII or especially the relatives of those who died in German camps during WWII.---

Huh, Ukrainians were big supporters of the NAZIs and antisemitism. Still are.

Ukraine: Allegedly neo-Nazi armed groups fighting Russia-backed separatists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgtaV0IEpEQ

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24342 on: February 14, 2022, 12:12:07 PM »

---And not from those who lived through WWII or especially the relatives of those who died in German camps during WWII.---

And your point is?

It is to our advantage to not have the Russians overrun Ukraine.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24343 on: February 14, 2022, 12:16:31 PM »

So Hillary is promising a speech soon regarding her future political hopes.

Oops!

That pesky Justice Department man John Durham Friday filed charges that the false RussiaGate nonsense Hillary and the democrats  financed was even worse.
https://news.yahoo.com/clinton-campaign-paid-apos-infiltrate-220207582.html

Hillary and her gang did not just finance a lie and  spy on The Trump campaign, but spied on Donald Trump as sitting President of the United States.

How serious are the charges?  Here is a clue, the MSM is not covering the story.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #24344 on: February 14, 2022, 12:21:52 PM »

And your point is?

It is to our advantage to not have the Russians overrun Ukraine.

Better to have Russia control the Ukraine rather than have it controlled by neo-NAZIs.
Pages: 1 ... 1621 1622 [1623] 1624 1625 ... 2919