Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2139 2140 [2141] 2142 2143 ... 2787

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 653850 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #32101 on: November 25, 2022, 11:46:24 PM »

http://www.vox.com/23142734/america-mass-shooting-gun-violence-control

Given that you won't be getting gun control, assault rifles and handguns banned, buybacks anytime soon...what to do to protect all kids in all schools/universities, people in churches, clubs, etc?
'Physical' security, cameras, bullet-proof glass/metal detectors, multi-stage electronic entry systems, fences, walls, locks..."don't bother arriving with your child after 9am, the school will be locked up tighter than a fish's ..."
Yes, no gunmen admitted during school hours.
Ditto clubs, churches.
Or at least some serious attempt made at repelling would-be armed killers, including crazed students intent on evil......and Christian-hating would-be killers of congregations.

Hating;

Global war on Christians.

https://www.eternitynews.com.au/world/there-is-a-global-war-on-christians-thousands-are-killed-each-year/

« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 05:47:55 AM by bambu. »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32103 on: November 26, 2022, 12:32:49 AM »

There is a global war by Christians and associated psychotic charlatans.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #32104 on: November 26, 2022, 05:39:46 AM »

There is a global war by Christians and associated psychotic charlatans.

"Christianity is the most prevalent religion in the United States.
Estimates from 2021 suggest that of the entire US population (332 million) about 63% is Christian (210 million)."

"The United States has the largest Christian population in the world and, more specifically, the largest Protestant population in the world. Over 140 million people affiliated with Protestant churches."

"Research found that nearly half of Protestant pastors said "their security measures include having armed church members."

#####

Well there you go.
It rises to 51% when you include those who have uniformed police officers and armed security personnel on site.

The good samaritan credited with making the Church shooter in Texas flee the scene was a church-going NRA trained man who lived nearby and ran over armed with his AR 15. He said he wished he'd been able to get there sooner.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 05:45:44 AM by bambu. »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #32105 on: November 26, 2022, 10:28:53 AM »

It becomes clearer with each post that Bambu gets off on violence.  Whatever floats your boat.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32107 on: November 26, 2022, 02:07:17 PM »

It becomes clearer with each post that Bambu gets off on violence.  Whatever floats your boat.

The best things about Bambu are his total impotence and lack of influence.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32108 on: November 26, 2022, 02:38:31 PM »

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #32110 on: November 26, 2022, 03:42:50 PM »

Obviously the Protestant pastors feel that just allowing anyone to waltz into their churches and shoot their congregations is a very bad idea.

Who do you call if the bad people are causing you grief anywhere?
Well that would be the folk in uniform carrying guns.

What would happen to America/Americans if it/they had no war planes, nukes, and guns?
Answer: It/they would cease to exist. Would be invaded, easily taken over, and either killed or enslaved.

Like it or not, the bad people in the world have guns, missiles, bombs, nukes.
"Peace and love" are treasurers, but only available if they can be defended.

Ukraine is a perfect example, it tried the peace and love idea without nukes etc...hasn't worked out very well.

A gun in the hands of good ended bin Laden's reign of evil.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #32111 on: November 26, 2022, 04:03:28 PM »

You can admit it, Bambu. Violence turns you on. I will not judge you for that.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #32112 on: November 26, 2022, 05:54:06 PM »

Violence actually turns me off.
My mind goes into depressive shutdown mode if I see on my tv that little children have been murdered in their schools, workers and passengers have been murdered in towers by terrorists in hijacked planes, patrons in niteclubs (LGBTQI or not have been shot dead, and Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus etc have been shot dead or blown up in thier places of worship.
I once sat at a desk in an office tower as an occupation...it could've been me watching the hijacked plane approaching...given other circumstances.

A short time later my mind recovers from its depressive shutdown of sadness for the victims...and I start typing.
It's my legal weapon.
An avalanche of supportive emails to radio hosts and other media gives them ammunition to take to politicians.
"Politicians would build space stations on Mars if they thought there were votes in it" -- popular bambuworld journalist who died in 2004.

I must confess to rejoicing when bin Laden had his head blown up.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 05:56:02 PM by bambu. »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #32113 on: November 26, 2022, 06:03:56 PM »

Violence actually turns me off.

Well you had me fooled.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32114 on: November 26, 2022, 07:39:37 PM »

LOL!
Pages: 1 ... 2139 2140 [2141] 2142 2143 ... 2787