Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 759491 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #7935 on: May 29, 2021, 07:58:56 AM »

The only thing holding the deprived opposition in a position of power is the ridiculous attitude of Joe Manchin and Kirsten Sinema.
I voted for the woman who protested the Iraq War in a pink tutu. Sorry to learn it merely represents her fashion choices.

As her constituent, do you have any inside insight or working theory on what’s twisting what seemed like a promising young Senator into Susan Collins South West?

It’s both perplexing and disturbing and I for one would love to know just what the fuck is driving that situation. Nothing in her early career I’m aware of presaged the turn to straight up sucker we’re seeing now.
Well, it is a smart political move to seize the center. It should be obvious to anyone watching the news over the last month or so, but the Arizona Repos have abandoned the center to center right entirely in favor of a variety of hard right politics that has itself glommed onto the rotting corpse of Trumpism. Even more than the national party has. Re-election depends on the center, so it is a smart move to seize it. But I had hoped for more.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7936 on: May 29, 2021, 07:59:29 AM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: May 29, 2021, 08:01:53 AM »

Well, it is a smart political move to seize the center. It should be obvious to anyone watching the news over the last month or so, but the Arizona Repos have abandoned the center to center right entirely in favor of a variety of hard right politics that has itself glommed onto the rotting corpse of Trumpism. Even more than the national party has. Re-election depends on the center, so it is a smart move to seize it. But I had hoped for more.

http://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/05/28/bipartisan-congress-dead-washington-491372

Fucking gospel is what that is.

The esteemed Senator needs to get her ass to church.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

barton

« Reply #7939 on: May 29, 2021, 09:57:29 AM »

I can argue a point, and its all the easier when I have the facts on my side. But this was over a year ago. For reasons unknown Larry decided he wanted to reopen this. I take no responsibility for Larry being butt hurt for so long and seeking relief.

Boz Perhaps you can kiss Larry's ass and make it better.

Perhaps you can shut up and make this thread better.  No one gives a flying fuck anymore if you have facts on your side.   You and Uno both project your own issues onto Larry and,  as Boz noted,  the irony is thick.   

My comment the other day on Uno pinning people to the mat and chewing their limbs off,  applies to you as well.   Your posts are ugly and mean-spirited.

I'm not going to read any of your self-serving crap posts anymore.   I guess we'll always have Newton.

barton

« Reply #7940 on: May 29, 2021, 10:01:12 AM »

I voted for the woman who protested the Iraq War in a pink tutu. Sorry to learn it merely represents her fashion choices.

As it happens,  the South African archbishop once protested in a pink sinema.   

barton

« Reply #7941 on: May 29, 2021, 10:10:02 AM »

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/29/environmental-catastrophe-mead-nebraska

Pretty close to where I grew up,  and where my kids live.   Modern agriculture is a dirty business. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: May 29, 2021, 10:17:33 AM »

I can argue a point, and its all the easier when I have the facts on my side. But this was over a year ago. For reasons unknown Larry decided he wanted to reopen this. I take no responsibility for Larry being butt hurt for so long and seeking relief.

Boz Perhaps you can kiss Larry's ass and make it better.

Perhaps you can shut up and make this thread better.  No one gives a flying fuck anymore if you have facts on your side.   You and Uno both project your own issues onto Larry and,  as Boz noted,  the irony is thick.   

My comment the other day on Uno pinning people to the mat and chewing their limbs off,  applies to you as well.   Your posts are ugly and mean-spirited.

I'm not going to read any of your self-serving crap posts anymore.   I guess we'll always have Newton.

Larry bullshits the forum with false data and I call it misleading and that's all I called it, and then Larry got defensive when his "mistake" was called out.

A year later a butt hurt Larry brings up the issue when it was long over.

Larry brought it up not me.

But I'm to blame.

Fascinating logic.

Bart you may not care that I have the facts on my side, but facts are sort of important in discussions, otherwise its not a discussion but more like storytelling. But thank you for your honesty and your preference for style over substance, and lies rather than truth

LMAO

THERE WAS 1 FACT IN THIS DISCUSSION AND THAT WAS THE DATE OF A POLL THAT LARRY LINKED TO

HE TRIED TO PASS OFF 2016 POLLING DATA AS 2020 DATA

AND I SAID HIS LINK WAS "MISLEADING"

And it was.

And fwiw I deal with BS the same whether its Utley or Larry or kid or Red.

And that's straight forward and honestly and with no color filters.

But Bart feel free to ignore me, it will allow you more time to spend in Larry's circle jerk, tell stories, and can pretend you're oh so woke.

LMAO

Adios Bart

« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 10:25:48 AM by bankshot1 »

barton

« Reply #7943 on: May 29, 2021, 11:09:33 AM »

Ah yes,  the old strawman.   Me being sick of your hammering on the same fact ten thousand times equated to me not valuing facts.   Uh huh.

Surely you've watched an argument where both parties circle back endlessly to the same tired points and you've wished they'd just shut up and move on.   Or at least one of them would,  thus depriving the argument of oxygen.   

In this spectator role,  I think it's possible you reached a point where you didn't care who's right.   

« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 11:12:35 AM by barton »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7944 on: May 29, 2021, 11:33:54 AM »

Looks like Banks hasn't learned that Larry is a protected species, here.

Larry's lies are "mistakes".

Others' mistakes are "lies".

That's how it is.

And Larry feels entitled to that status, where others would be embarrassed to have to have the posse ride to his rescue every time he got into it with another poster.

SSDD, as banks likes to say.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #7945 on: May 29, 2021, 11:44:21 AM »

Ah yes,  the old strawman.   Me being sick of your hammering on the same fact ten thousand times equated to me not valuing facts.   Uh huh.

Surely you've watched an argument where both parties circle back endlessly to the same tired points and you've wished they'd just shut up and move on.   Or at least one of them would,  thus depriving the argument of oxygen.   

In this spectator role,  I think it's possible you reached a point where you didn't care who's right.

Bart

allow me to quote you verbatim on this subject.

No one gives a flying fuck anymore if you have facts on your side

Where's the strawman?

If you don't like me sticking to facts, what would you prefer?

A year ago Larry posted a misleading link and I called it misleading, and the discussion should have been over then, but Larry got defensive and doubled down. And yesterday for reasons still unknown brought up the subject again.

And I responded to him, honestly.

And you blame me.

Should I nod and agree with Larry, when I know he's either made a mistake or is bullshitting the forum?

Or should I challenge him as I do Utley, kid and Red and others?

Why should I treat Larry differently, Bart?

Maybe that's the issue you the Elba Social Justice Warriors should focus on.

And barring the next salvo, I'll STFU on the subject, as there is nothing new to be discovered, and you can get back to the circle jerk. 

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7946 on: May 29, 2021, 12:11:05 PM »

Bart

allow me to quote you verbatim on this subject.

No one gives a flying fuck anymore if you have facts on your side

Where's the strawman?

If you don't like me sticking to facts, what would you prefer?

A year ago Larry posted a misleading link and I called it misleading, and the discussion should have been over then, but Larry got defensive and doubled down. And yesterday for reasons still unknown brought up the subject again.

And I responded to him, honestly.

And you blame me.

Should I nod and agree with Larry, when I know he's either made a mistake or is bullshitting the forum?

Or should I challenge him as I do Utley, kid and Red and others?

Why should I treat Larry differently, Bart?

Maybe that's the issue you the Elba Social Justice Warriors should focus on.

And barring the next salvo, I'll STFU on the subject, as there is nothing new to be discovered, and you can get back to the circle jerk.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7947 on: May 29, 2021, 12:18:39 PM »

For the last time, I did not try to bullshit or mislead the Forum, I made a fucking mistake.

Read the article below

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2020/06/04/protest-is-nothing-new-for-our-nations-capital-but-trump-lit-a-fuse/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7948 on: May 29, 2021, 12:50:59 PM »

Matt Gaetz is trying to follow in Trump's footsteps in new and exciting ways!

https://www.wfla.com/8-on-your-side/investigations/florida-rep-matt-gaetz-fiance-claim-money-for-st-pete-yacht-deal-went-missing/

The more about him that I read, the more convinced I am that his fiancee's last name is inappropriate.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: May 29, 2021, 01:11:44 PM »

Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) 

Yesterday  · 

With one of its latest publications, the MIT Press is breaking new ground — and reaching out to new audiences.

https://news.mit.edu/2021/mit-press-breaks-new-ground-stem-themed-young-adult-graphic-fiction-0524

=================

This is exactly why we need STEAM instead of just STEM, without the Arts you cannot have cartoons.

We need to teach children the Arts along with Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.

And this would be great for a Saturday morning cartoon on a regular television network.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 2929