- 1 (33.3%)
Houston in 6
- 0 (0%)
Houston in 7
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: October 23, 2019, 02:00:10 PM

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 173

Author Topic: American League  (Read 42977 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: American League
« Reply #705 on: October 10, 2018, 01:57:40 PM »

No way Sale does not get the ball in Game 1.

I wonder if Price is held off for Game 3 or 4, and Eovaldi goes in Game 2.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 10, 2018, 03:04:54 PM »

Wonder away.  Price's recent numbers va HOU say he's a good bet to fare well - and this was home AND away.

Nate appears to be a key - but this is the Astros, not the free swinging Yanks we are talking about.

I would have no problem with Price as a 2+ inning reliever for the duration

You are on the clock, ALEX. 
Rest in peace, Ric Ocasek

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 10, 2018, 03:09:17 PM »

Astros about to close out Tribe.

10-2 in 8th.

Pretty good choice at +250 (to win AL)

If you can get Astros +250 jump on it. I suspect thats an old #.

heh

yeah, like when I stated the bet back in April.

Pre-season the Astros were +500 +600 or thereabouts.

I've no idea or recall if you made the +250 bet or not. I suspect you're bullshitting again.

However I do recall you recently said you liked the Indians for the pennant at +1000 .

I didnt bet on either.

The model that I was running - where I was betting (starting at 30K) games every day - I had 800 on HOU at +250.

The Indians info was that it was good odds on that team.

I have always been on the Astros to repeat, win it all.

Be good now.

I know you didn't bet it, but you pretend you do, and always manage to mention after the fact, just winners you picked.

Its pretty funny, considering in all the contests we've had over the years, you generally end up in or near dead last.

You pretty much suck at predicting.

So I PRETENDED the $800 at +250?

Yeah, OK, pal.

As for sucking/not sucking - like all bettors (real $$ and not) I have my moments.  But Utley is right - taking the fun out of things is YOUR sport

heh

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 10, 2018, 03:16:42 PM »

Wonder away.  Price's recent numbers va HOU say he's a good bet to fare well - and this was home AND away.

Nate appears to be a key - but this is the Astros, not the free swinging Yanks we are talking about.

Sale and Price are named Game 1 and 2 starters.

I hope Price returns to the land of the living but Houston is pretty RHed and Eovaldi on lots of rest and Porecello may be better choices.

But Cora's hot anfd its his call.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 10, 2018, 03:22:16 PM »

Remaining teams and their preseason odds to win it all (from one source, dont get picky):

Brewers -   55/1
Dodgers -    7/1
Red Sox -  13/1
ASTROS -  21/4

I highly doubt Houston was anywhere near 5-1 to win the AL, being that they were right around there to win the WORLD SERIES.  But please - continue being so sure of yourself, Dickie.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 10, 2018, 03:23:06 PM »

Astros about to close out Tribe.

10-2 in 8th.

Pretty good choice at +250 (to win AL)

If you can get Astros +250 jump on it. I suspect thats an old #.

heh

yeah, like when I stated the bet back in April.

Pre-season the Astros were +500 +600 or thereabouts.

I've no idea or recall if you made the +250 bet or not. I suspect you're bullshitting again.

However I do recall you recently said you liked the Indians for the pennant at +1000 .

I didnt bet on either.

The model that I was running - where I was betting (starting at 30K) games every day - I had 800 on HOU at +250.

The Indians info was that it was good odds on that team.

I have always been on the Astros to repeat, win it all.

Be good now.

I know you didn't bet it, but you pretend you do, and always manage to mention after the fact, just winners you picked.

Its pretty funny, considering in all the contests we've had over the years, you generally end up in or near dead last.

You pretty much suck at predicting.

So I PRETENDED the $800 at +250?

Yeah, OK, pal.

As for sucking/not sucking - like all bettors (real $$ and not) I have my moments.  But Utley is right - taking the fun out of things is YOUR sport

heh

The only moments you seem to post about are the "wins" you claim after the fact.

but those of us who have seen your picks understand the more complete picture.

So you want to tell me you bet $800 on a line that never existed, and then tell me you don't bet, kid stick to one story.

You got too many conflicting lies.

And learn to read, I made point that Utley sucks the joy out of everything here. He rarely posts about games or the fun of the sport.

He's a troll, with nothing of value to add.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 10, 2018, 03:27:01 PM »

Remaining teams and their preseason odds to win it all (from one source, dont get picky):

Brewers -   55/1
Dodgers -    7/1
Red Sox -  13/1
ASTROS -  21/4

I highly doubt Houston was anywhere near 5-1 to win the AL, being that they were right around there to win the WORLD SERIES.  But please - continue being so sure of yourself, Dickie.

Kid I posted that preseason the Astros were +500 or +600, and your post above shows them at +525.

But you had them at +250 when you made your $800 bet?

You could have gotten +525 and you settled for +250?

Oh, Timmy, never take your wallet out of your pocket.

a fool and his play money are soon parted

heh

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 10, 2018, 03:27:47 PM »

Recap on my real $$ betting, by the way -

My former book got in touch and offered a free $50 bet.....something they do in the industry to get you going again.  Matthew Stafford reached 15 completions before Sam Darnold in that Monday nighter (this was the wager offered) and I was on myw ay at $50.

I had a blast - did real well with Premier League, ok with college football, not as well with NFL and MLB.  Ran it up above 225 or so, then crapped out - last day being moneyline losses same day with Steelers and Giants, taking me back to 36 cents - heh

Cost me nothing.....had a bit of fun.  Account still open but kids have to go to college first

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 10, 2018, 03:28:53 PM »

Brewers -   55/1
Dodgers -    7/1
Red Sox -  13/1
ASTROS -  21/4

Kid I posted that preseason the Astros were +500 or +600, and your post above shows them at +525.

AMERICAN LEAGUE.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 10, 2018, 03:38:15 PM »

Brewers -   55/1
Dodgers -    7/1
Red Sox -  13/1
ASTROS -  21/4

AMERICAN LEAGUE.

Well enjoy your "winnings."

heh

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 10, 2018, 06:43:30 PM »

Sale coming in for the 8th.

Gutsy move.

Opinions?

It makes me nervous, but I think I was nervous, anyway - and who did I expect him to bring in?!

Cora had brass balls, and every button pushed seemed to work.

I was nervous about that one though.

Just you.

You want to talk strategy -and this is what you offer?

Good Lord.

I said it made me nervous.

Banks said it made him nervous.

You? You say "Just you."

You want to offer critiques of others' posting and this is what you offer?

Good grief!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 10, 2018, 06:58:44 PM »

Price's numbers against anybody when he starts in the post-season have proven to be unhelpful to whichever team he was pitching for.

Relief seems fine. His starts against Houston are likely to get him game two.

Sale's career numbers against Houston are significantly better than Price's and he now has one solid post-season start. Sale goes first.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

MrUtley3

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 10, 2018, 09:11:19 PM »

Better team won that series. Congrats Sox fans.

See, banks? That's what you do. You don't second guess and blame the manager the rest of your life like a perpetually brain injured dimwit.

Yank just taught you a lesson, but you won't get it. As usual.

Leave bank alone.   He knows Timlin and Williamson were getting Nick Johnson, Jeter, Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio and Mantle to end the '03 playoffs.

I'm perfectly fine gutting you and the troll, using only facts, reason and my words.

Its pretty easy.

So kid, feel free to set up the all the strawman you need to hide behind.

You presented no facts. Just your opinion. Your opinion demonstrated your character, which is, at best, weak.

But go ahead with your self-delusion. It's amusing.

We've had this discussiuon on this board several times, the facts and context are well known and perfectly clear.

Only a troll and moron and Grady would let Pedro, with a known history of weakening after 100 pitchs, and after he struggled to get through the 7th, FACE 5 MORE batters, the heart of the Yankee line-up for a 4th time in the 8th, with 100 already on his arm, with a tested and solid set-up guy and reliever in the pen.

Managerial malpractice that most fans understand.

And I understand that you don't understand.

As you are a dumb-fuck troll.

SSDD

Poor Little Richie.

STILL doesn't get the idea of what it means to be beaten by another team because they were better than you when it counted the most.

ALWAYS needs an excuse.

SAD.

What a dumbfuck!!!

LMFAO!!!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 10, 2018, 09:53:28 PM »

Better team won that series. Congrats Sox fans.

See, banks? That's what you do. You don't second guess and blame the manager the rest of your life like a perpetually brain injured dimwit.

Yank just taught you a lesson, but you won't get it. As usual.

Leave bank alone.   He knows Timlin and Williamson were getting Nick Johnson, Jeter, Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio and Mantle to end the '03 playoffs.

I'm perfectly fine gutting you and the troll, using only facts, reason and my words.

Its pretty easy.

So kid, feel free to set up the all the strawman you need to hide behind.

You presented no facts. Just your opinion. Your opinion demonstrated your character, which is, at best, weak.

But go ahead with your self-delusion. It's amusing.

We've had this discussiuon on this board several times, the facts and context are well known and perfectly clear.

Only a troll and moron and Grady would let Pedro, with a known history of weakening after 100 pitchs, and after he struggled to get through the 7th, FACE 5 MORE batters, the heart of the Yankee line-up for a 4th time in the 8th, with 100 already on his arm, with a tested and solid set-up guy and reliever in the pen.

Managerial malpractice that most fans understand.

And I understand that you don't understand.

As you are a dumb-fuck troll.

SSDD

Poor Little Richie.

STILL doesn't get the idea of what it means to be beaten by another team because they were better than you when it counted the most.

ALWAYS needs an excuse.

SAD.

What a dumbfuck!!!

LMFAO!!!

Wrong again troll.

and rather that address the issue, you run from it.

What a fraud you are.

The only thing amusing and which draws a laugh is that when you are confronted with an opinion supported by several facts and repeated for you to once more digest,  your rebuttal remains a fact-free declaration of "GLS".

I understand your brief and empty retort is the only way you have to go, as there is no credible way to rebutt my position, as its wholly supported by facts and generally accepted baseball strategy, and management strategy, none of which you seem to grasp.

Poor pathetic troll "GLS" is not much of an essay.

But to help you out and give you the guidance you sorely need, I'll give you one more letter that captures completely the summary of your RedStateWard-lite attempt to evade anything remotely close to an adult response.

F

I hope this helps in the future, but I find it unlikely as you really are just a pathetic dumb-fuck troll.

SSDD
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 09:55:52 PM by bankshot1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 10, 2018, 11:14:53 PM »

Sale's career numbers against Houston are significantly better than Price's

not when you include postseason
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 173