Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43443 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #570 on: March 23, 2022, 02:41:11 AM »

Next up...chemical weapons to be used by Russia...it's being suggested on my tv.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/22/clear-sign-putin-is-weighing-up-use-of-chemical-weapons-in-ukraine-says-biden

#####

Why wouldn't Putin/Russia [Putin is only one person, pop of Russia is 145million] use chemical weapons in Ukraine war?
Kill all the people without having to destroy all the infrastructure.
It's not like anyone would be going to stop him, he has everyone scared of a nuclear war.
Putin/Russia can, and is, doing just as it pleases now...owns the world, including the UN of which it is Chair.
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 23, 2022, 02:50:00 AM »

Next up...chemical weapons to be used by Russia...it's being suggested on my tv.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/22/clear-sign-putin-is-weighing-up-use-of-chemical-weapons-in-ukraine-says-biden

#####

Why wouldn't Putin/Russia [Putin is only one person, pop of Russia is 145million] use chemical weapons in Ukraine war?
It's not like anyone would be going to stop him, he has everyone scared of a nuclear war.
Putin/Russia can, and is, doing just as it pleases now...owns the world, including the UN of which it is Chair.

Because if he orders the use of chemical weapons, then he knows that he will either die a premature death (at his own hands perhaps) or spend some lengthy time in a prison.

There is no excuse for it.

I am sure he has weighed the issue - but your theory of saving the infrastructure is stupid - he's already destroyed much of it.

Yes, we are scared of a nuclear war, but chemical and bio weapons are also weapons of mass destruction and that would get folks off the fence. It's going too far and hard as it is for you to believe it, there are limits.

And Putin knows it - otherwise, they would be far less careful about their shelling and whether or not the rockets, bombs, or artillery are landing in Poland (a NATO country).

He doesn't own the world any more than Trump was king. You develop and express these inflated views of people, Bambu, and present them as some sort of cosmic truths.

It's just not so.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 23, 2022, 03:28:24 AM »

One of the ways we know that things are not going the way Putin would have had them go is stories like this one:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/olga-misik-russia-protests-constitution-moscow-riot-police-putin-a9029816.html

Olga Misik: Teenage girl reads constitution in front of Putin's riot police during Moscow protests
"I just wanted to remind them that we are here with peaceful purposes and without weapons - but they are not"

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 23, 2022, 03:55:10 AM »

Assassinate Putin, the only option left? Sanctions have not worked anywhere they were ever tried. Just avoiding the issue.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 23, 2022, 04:38:02 AM »

"You is to put me and this here sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile of Adolf Hitler with a clear line of sight, sir, and pack your bags, fellas. War's over. Amen." - Private Jackson ---   Saving Private Ryan.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Holly Martins

« Reply #575 on: March 23, 2022, 10:05:50 AM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 23, 2022, 01:20:42 PM »

"You is to put me and this here sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile of Adolf Hitler with a clear line of sight, sir, and pack your bags, fellas. War's over. Amen." - Private Jackson ---   Saving Private Ryan.

You, Bambu, and Kid... relying on movie dialog as proof of what?!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 23, 2022, 01:21:04 PM »

#####

Because if he orders the use of chemical weapons, then he knows that he will either die a premature death (at his own hands perhaps) or spend some lengthy time in a prison.

There is no excuse for it.

I am sure he has weighed the issue - but your theory of saving the infrastructure is stupid - he's already destroyed much of it.

Yes, we are scared of a nuclear war, but chemical and bio weapons are also weapons of mass destruction and that would get folks off the fence. It's going too far and hard as it is for you to believe it, there are limits.

And Putin knows it - otherwise, they would be far less careful about their shelling and whether or not the rockets, bombs, or artillery are landing in Poland (a NATO country).

He doesn't own the world any more than Trump was king. You develop and express these inflated views of people, Bambu, and present them as some sort of cosmic truths.

It's just not so.

Who would be arresting Putin?
Chemical weapons were used in Syria and Afghanistan,
Russia and its best buddy China do in fact own the UN and the world today.

II believe there's no way the US is going to get into a full blown war with Russia over Ukraine under any circumstances.
The American people have no appetite for losing American lives in Europe again...they are saying so on the internet.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 01:23:03 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 23, 2022, 02:03:19 PM »

Official Fern Michaels

1 hour

Thank you so much to everyone who has already bid on the many wonderful items that were donated to Kensington Publishing's Benefit for Ukraine. This important cause is close to my heart, so I have decided to match the first $10,000 raised, but also to donate a total of $25,000.

-----------

My Grandmother was a huge fan of Fern Michaels, so I got into Fern Michaels when I was very young. I love Romance Novels and I would love to produce Love Stories as a movie producer.

It is great that Fern Michaels is supporting the people of the Ukraine.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 23, 2022, 02:06:54 PM »

they are saying so on the internet.

Oh nos!

People are saying things on the internet - it must be true!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 23, 2022, 02:13:31 PM »

Reality.
Common-sense.
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 23, 2022, 02:17:28 PM »

Reality.
Common-sense.

Relying on movie dialog as proof of reality?

Second funniest thing I have read all day and only 2nd because of Ted Cruz.

No, not viable for common sense, either.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 23, 2022, 02:18:26 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/23/business/russia-sanctions-ukraine-biden-mcmaster/index.html

Trump's former National Security Advisor says Biden deserves some of the credit for the way the West came together regarding Russia.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 23, 2022, 02:20:00 PM »

Oh nos!

Yes, real American people, on real American internet, speaking real Americn words/sentiment.
Something about..."not one drop...let the European  Commies fight their own wars".
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 23, 2022, 02:23:48 PM »

Oh nos!

Yes, real American people, on real American internet, speaking real Americn words/sentiment.
Something about..."not one drop...let the European  Commies fight their own wars".

Yes. I get that.

What you don't seem to understand is that "real American people, on real American Internet" may or may not be representative of the opinions of the American public as a whole - they are a subculture all their own.

And your ability to discern who is a "real American" is pretty much zero, anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 145