Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43487 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #1455 on: October 06, 2022, 06:20:20 PM »

Says the guy with zero grasp of NATO, geopolitics, Putin's vision for empire, or war crimes.  Or what a border fight is.  Or the Budapest memorandum.  Or what happened to the world wheat supply for agonizing months. 

Or what Munich taught us. 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: October 06, 2022, 07:27:04 PM »

Says the guy with zero grasp of NATO, geopolitics, Putin's vision for empire, or war crimes.  Or what a border fight is.  Or the Budapest memorandum.  Or what happened to the world wheat supply for agonizing months. 

Or what Munich taught us.
Keep going. 
You only embarrass yourself.

Holly Martins

« Reply #1457 on: October 06, 2022, 09:32:24 PM »

Thanks, Neville!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: October 06, 2022, 11:59:11 PM »

Thanks, Neville!
More than Welcome.
You reference to the Budapest Memorandum was especially hilarious.

Holly Martins

« Reply #1459 on: October 07, 2022, 10:10:42 AM »

Only to those who don't know what it is.  Or what the signatories agreed to, and how Russia violated the agreement.

How about the food insecurity across Africa and the ME this summer, thanks to Russia's attacks on Odessa and other Black Sea blockages?  Is that a real thigh-slapper for ya?

Or the mass murders of civilian populations?  Devastation of civilian housing?  Cluster munitions?  Torture, mutilation, rape?  Do you need adult diapers when this stuff gets you giggling?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: October 07, 2022, 11:01:58 AM »

Only to those who don't know what it is.  Or what the signatories agreed to, and how Russia violated the agreement.

How about the food insecurity across Africa and the ME this summer, thanks to Russia's attacks on Odessa and other Black Sea blockages?  Is that a real thigh-slapper for ya?

Or the mass murders of civilian populations?  Devastation of civilian housing?  Cluster munitions?  Torture, mutilation, rape?  Do you need adult diapers when this stuff gets you giggling?
Oooh. Putin be bad!
It is amusing to watch you transform into a NeoCon.
But you yet have not made a convincing argument for the USA pouring billions of dollars it does not have to take a side in a battle over territories by two dictators.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: October 07, 2022, 11:53:46 AM »

If we were doing something like that, someone might make such an argument. Since it is only you felating yourself with your toothless mouth, just laughing at you is as usual more than a sufficient response.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: October 07, 2022, 01:01:22 PM »

take a side in a battle over territories by two dictators.
Oooh, so that is what the Russian propaganda is saying now, Neville?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: October 07, 2022, 01:14:18 PM »

Oooh. Putin be bad!
But you yet have not made a convincing argument for the USA pouring billions of dollars it does not have to take a side in a battle over territories by two dictators.

Nobody can ever make a convincing argument to you.

Doesn't matter what the facts are and as far as I can tell it never has mattered.

You have yet to make a convincing argument that Zelensky is a dictator.

You have yet to even try. You just claim he is, without evidence.

At least you admit Putin is one.

As previously stated, the simplest two reasons for taking Ukraine's side in this conflict are (a) keeping control of Ukraine's resources out of Putin's hands, since he has already shown a willingness to use his resources to try to control other countries' conduct and (b) if Putin is not stopped there, where will he be stopped?

Those won't change your mind. You probably won't even acknowledge them seriously.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1464 on: October 07, 2022, 01:29:30 PM »

Oooh. Putin be bad!

You just mad because you hitched your cart to the wrong pony. You are nothing but a sad shill.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: October 07, 2022, 02:35:31 PM »

The invasion of a sovereign country with internationally recognized border by a stronger, larger neighbor being a "battle over territories" looks the product of the same sort of mind that claims taking top secret government documents to you country club is a "storage issue".
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: October 07, 2022, 02:43:29 PM »

The invasion of a sovereign country with internationally recognized border by a stronger, larger neighbor being a "battle over territories" looks the product of the same sort of mind that claims taking top secret government documents to you country club is a "storage issue".

Hahaha

Good one.

Thanks for playing..

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: October 07, 2022, 03:46:59 PM »

Hahaha

Good one.

Thanks for playing..
Precisely the lack of a defense of your stupid statement I have come to expect from you.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: October 07, 2022, 04:12:33 PM »

Hahaha

Good one.

Thanks for playing..
Precisely the lack of a defense of your stupid statement I have come to expect from you.
On the contrary. I have made my position quite clear.
Repeatedly.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: October 07, 2022, 04:30:59 PM »

Hahaha

Good one.

Thanks for playing..
On the contrary. I have made my position quite clear.
Repeatedly.

Making your position clear is, shockingly enough, not the same as defending your position.

That's quite clear.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 145