Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 683

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 252424 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9375 on: July 05, 2024, 11:06:26 PM »

Rudy Giuliani was able to clean up New York with means including the Broken Window Theory, and Rudy also taught Mexico...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory

One thing, as we clean up Los Angeles and make it nice again, is that we will have gentrification and higher prices, as it becomes safer and nicer then the prices on real estate go higher, and for instance a house in Anaheim already costs one million dollars for the average home. But, as things improve then we receive more money from tourists, etc. Like with Rudy in New York, as he cleaned it up then the prices went up with gentrification, but the people were able to make more money because the economy improved.

And Homeboy Industries and Father Boyle can help our cities.

And we have Kiwanis International, and the Key Club, and Circle K, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9376 on: July 06, 2024, 12:47:30 AM »

So, I picture lots of new agriculture jobs because of the large amounts of rain in California. We can send oranges to China, etc, and we can make cheese, etc. We can put the refugees to work with the United Farm Workers. And as we produce more food then it will lower the prices of food as more goods enter the markets. And the homeless can work in gardens, etc, with swimming pools, and tennis courts, and libraries, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9377 on: July 06, 2024, 02:05:11 AM »

Here in bambuworld, old White men are being called "racist" then bashed in the face/head, on public transport.
In Adelaide, on a train, 2 such men who was bashed by a 29 yr old psycho prancing up and down the carriage wielding his fists, were interviewed, shown on tv.
One victim, 80 something, his left super swollen and closed tightly, will he ever see out of it again?...said
"I'll never catch public transport again".
The other victim, also elderly, who had his bicycle on the train, also had a very swollen eye and face from where he was bashed.
An older lady who witnessed it all said that another man stood up blocking the attacker's way, telling him "no more"...protecting his family and everyone else.
Lady called him a hero.

The victims, unarmed, or course were sitting ducks.

Looks like next time I catch public transport I'll have to wear a motor bike helmet to protect my face etc, a stab proof vest, and maybe carry a heavy wooden walking stick, or light but strong wooden or metal walking stick, or one of those super strong self defence umbrellas they have in America.

It is bad here too on the public transportation, they are going to start a new police force specifically for the public transportation.

And once when I was young and strong, I was on a bus, and 2 white racist skin-heads where on the bus, and we had a bus full of Mexican immigrants, and the skin-heads were calling the Mexicans "Stinky wet-backs" etc, and they were telling them to go back to Mexico, and we had Mexican women and children on the bus, and a few Mexican workers, so I stood up to the skin-heads and I told them to stop their shit, I won with sheer force of will, I refused to allow the Mexicans to be bashed on the bus.

And I watched a guy slam a guy's head into the side of the train and smash the side of his head in, for feeling up a black woman on the train, the woman got upset and another guy beat up the bad man out of chivalry, he defended the lady.

I am waiting for them to hire more cops for the trains before I ride them again, I do not want to get stabbed for no reason, the idiots just stab people for no reason, people are sick.

And I want for my wife to be able to carry a gun in her purse. Or body guards like Spielberg has.

Our city motto in Anaheim is "City of Kindness" and we have "Friendship Plaza" at City Hall, and we have the Angels ( Watch "Angels in the Outfield" ). I am lucky, God put me in a safe place.

The old White men need to travel in teams, the women can have guns in their purses where allowed, and the men can have strong wooden canes, etc. Also, you can have a comfort animal, so you could have a trained Doberman as your comfort animal, or a German Shepherd, etc, you can take a Doberman with you on the train.

I need to ride the trains to go see my Mother in the desert, but everyday you hear about something bad happening on the trains. It is so bad right now that the Mayor would not even ride the trains. The trains need their own police force.

And anyone caught beating up old men need to be punished.

Salute,

Tony V.

Problem I have is that...if I were to hit someone, smash half their head in, or even leave a bruise/mark, the cops could, and maybe would be looking to, arrest me for assault. Also the person I struck would likely sue me.
Hitting the guy on the train who had already bashed two eldefly men, I could claim self defence.

Thing about public transport is...you have to deal with "the public"!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2024, 02:09:39 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9378 on: July 06, 2024, 04:22:14 PM »

The best way to travel would be like Zsa Zsa Gabor, in the back of a chauffeur driven Rolls Royce, if I was rich I would travel like Zsa Zsa did.

When I worked for Suzanne Pleshette at Empire West in West Hollywood then Zsa Zsa was good friends with Suzanne and she used to come visit Suzanne often. Zsa Zsa used to show up in the back of a Rolls Royce, and she would hand me a $20 for opening her car door and she would say "Thank you Darling."

And the trains are going to need their own police force and better security, there is just no other way. While we work to help the homeless and the mentally ill and while we work to create a kinder and gentler society.

Michael Landon lived in Malibu and rode in the back of a white Rolls Royce, that would be a good life, and like Zsa Zsa.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9379 on: July 06, 2024, 04:33:16 PM »

Every day I look forward to seeing how Salute, Tony V. interprets the definition of "News in General".
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9380 on: July 06, 2024, 05:46:54 PM »

Every day I look forward to seeing how Salute, Tony V. interprets the definition of "News in General".
I would say quite well given his heart is in the right place.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9381 on: July 06, 2024, 06:09:38 PM »

I would say quite well given his heart is in the right place.

You do not remember if you ever actually had a heart. You should take Tony as an example and try to grow a new one.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #9383 on: July 06, 2024, 06:31:52 PM »

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/357989/worker-driven-social-responsibility-corporate-ethics-consumers

Workers of the world unite!  Make your companies walk their socially and environmentally responsible talk.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9384 on: July 06, 2024, 08:25:41 PM »

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/357989/worker-driven-social-responsibility-corporate-ethics-consumers[/url]

Workers of the world unite!  Make your companies walk their socially and environmentally responsible talk.
That is known as Capitalism.
And it works very well.
Especially in market economies.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2024, 09:37:05 PM by jmmengel »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9385 on: July 06, 2024, 11:50:12 PM »

Tony is working for good not evil.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9386 on: July 07, 2024, 12:14:17 AM »

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/357989/worker-driven-social-responsibility-corporate-ethics-consumers[/url]

That is known as Capitalism.
And it works very well.
Especially in market economies.

Labor and the State working together to strong arm management and investors off their policies of screwing everyday people out of every possible scrap to make a buck. People power regulating commerce and enforcing the rules of the road.

This will always be a better choice than trickle down dog shit economics.

Mother Jones would approve.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #9387 on: July 07, 2024, 03:26:59 PM »

Frances Far Right Is Denied a Majority by a Left Surge in Elections!

The far-right National Rally appeared to have fallen short of predictions, but no coalition captured an absolute majority in Parliament!

"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9388 on: July 07, 2024, 03:42:07 PM »

Sounds like another country with open border leftists who never learn their lessons
« Last Edit: July 07, 2024, 03:55:21 PM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9389 on: July 07, 2024, 03:46:02 PM »

Frances Far Right Is Denied a Majority by a Left Surge in Elections!

The far-right National Rally appeared to have fallen short of predictions, but no coalition captured an absolute majority in Parliament!

Our turn in November!
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 683