Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 628

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 204090 times)

Oil Filter

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9360 on: July 05, 2024, 08:57:29 AM »

I was fascinated to discover that a major force propelling Labour into power was bad dentistry.

Gift link.  Read and be properly horrified.

https://wapo.st/3LbH8et

« Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 09:00:52 AM by Oil Filter »
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9361 on: July 05, 2024, 10:17:27 AM »

I was fascinated to discover that a major force propelling Labour into power was bad dentistry.

As always when the government restricts supply the results are not good.

(See Obama Care)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9362 on: July 05, 2024, 10:24:08 AM »

As always when the government restricts supply the results are not good.

(See Obama Care)
60% approval rating.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9363 on: July 05, 2024, 10:33:36 AM »

On the 4th of July I am having a hard time with my perception of America and modern times where we have our Vice President telling people that the American Dream is over and not to come to America, stay home and make your home better, that is the message. Kamala Harris just told the refugees to stay home and not to come to America.

100 years ago Americans were creating jobs for the immigrants, and America was selling homes to the immigrants, and America welcomed the immigrants. Even in the 1980s with the success of Reagan my hometown was the fastest growing area in the nation for about 10 years, and everyone enjoyed having the construction jobs, and the real estate jobs, and the banking jobs, etc.

But now, all the jobs are being sent to China and to other nations, and Americans are not creating jobs for the immigrants like Americans did 100 years ago. And like when the Italians built New York City and dug the subways, etc. America used to put the immigrants to work.

We are building high speed trains now in California, and that will create jobs, and we have Sunkist growing oranges, etc, and we are exporting food to China now, etc. We have had a lot of rain and so we have lots of water to grow food in California, etc. We need to hook the refugees up with the Unions so they can help to build the high speed trains and so they can help to grow the food, etc.

And Mayor Bass is helping the homeless, we have 150,000 homeless people in California, it is sad. Oakland and San Bernardino are in bad shape. Father Boyle and Homeboy Industries can help, and the Catholic Church can help, and Mental Health Associations and Wellness Centers, and schools, and job training, etc. And as many homeless people are helped then they will go to work helping the homeless people, I met people who spent their entire lives helping the homeless. And there are Thrift Stores to help the homeless, etc. And we need to have Drug Treatment Camps, etc.

Mexico has a Jewish President now, and good things are happening in Mexico. In 20 years the Americans from Minnesota and from other states will want to retire to live on a beach in Mexico. Mexico is going to be very nice in 20 years. The Mexicans are building high speed trains, and new resorts, and new airports, etc, the Mexicans are very hard workers and Mexico is going to be nice in 20 years and many Americans will want to retire to live on a nice beach in Mexico. And Elvis made a movie in Acapulco, etc, Acapulco will be nice in 20 years.

Europe is rich now, from Tourism, they can simply sell stuff to the tourists to survive, the money is easy. If you own a simple McDonald's restaurant then you can live a good life in Europe. Rich tourists are all over Europe spending money.

And California, New York, Florida, Hawaii, and New Orleans all have lots of tourists, we are blessed. We need to clean things up, and we need to keep our tourists safe, so that we can capitalize on the tourism.

Also, Governor Newsom is lowering taxes for film and television production, etc.

I do not know, they do not want for us to succeed and to inspire people anymore. They do not want inspiring stories of success in America.

I tried to move to Italy, if I could have gotten a job in Rome in 2003 then I would have stayed there. Rome is beautiful, and I love the people in Italy.

Lockheed is working on a new plane, maybe they will manufacture the new planes in the Antelope Valley, which would replace all of the old Shuttle Jobs, which would be great.

Now when one dreams they tell people that they are just spinning their wheels, and they tell them to clean toilets or some other real job and to stop dreaming. It is sad. America was supposed to be a place of freedom and dreams, but I just see 150,000 homeless people right now in California, and Harris turning away the refugees. 

And Biden is too old to be President, and Trump is a dirt-bag.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9364 on: July 05, 2024, 05:08:26 PM »

Yes, for average Joe/Joeline, who are struggling to pay their bills and put food on the table for their families...the dentist is *unaffordable.*
It's not only in Britain, .....it's a West-wide problem.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 05:35:16 PM by bambu. »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9365 on: July 05, 2024, 05:20:21 PM »

Yes, for average Joe/Joeline, who are struggling to pay their bills and put food on the table for their families...the dentist is unaffordable.
Do not assume you have a clue about the rest of the world.. you do not. Just because you have to gum your Vegamite does not .ean the rest of us do.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9366 on: July 05, 2024, 05:36:34 PM »

Yes, for average Joe/Joeline, who are struggling to pay their bills and put food on the table for their families...the dentist is unaffordable.
Do not assume you have a clue about the rest of the world.. you do not. Just because you have to gum your Vegamite does not .ean the rest of us do.

You are not "average joe".

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9367 on: July 05, 2024, 05:38:02 PM »

Veg e mite.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9368 on: July 05, 2024, 06:35:26 PM »

You ought to take your own advice.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9369 on: July 05, 2024, 07:02:55 PM »

A lady from New Zealand was killed at Fashion Island here in Orange County by robbers, the escape car ran her over and killed her. So sad. We need to keep California safe so that the tourists will continue to come here, we depend on the tourists here for our economy.

And we had lots of stabbings on the 4th of July. People fighting at parties and stabbing each other. Society glamorizes the gangsters so the youth all want to be gangsters. All of the youth are carrying knives now. And the shootings, etc, it is all bullshit, we need to raise better children. Bill Cosby understood, it is too bad Bill Cosby turned out to be a bad guy.

We need to keep our tourists safe, and we need to raise better children, and we need to stop glamorizing violence and crime. I would not even produce the gangster rap music if I owned Universal Music.

And the youth walking around with their pants sagging down, they look like fools.

I am not saying my generation was perfect, the music that I listened to was all about Satan, I do not know why they had to get into Satan, but that was what I listened to. I am a Christian, and I should have been listening to Christian music and I should have been serving the Lord. Instead we smoked pot and listened to music about Satan. And there was Suicidal Tendencies, I am sure that band was not healthy to listen to. And they thought Wolfman Jack was bad, but those days were so tame. Taylor Swift is great for the modern youth compared to what we listened to. And I totally approve of Bon Jovi, his stuff was always tasteful.

And I had a nephew who overdosed and died recently on fentanyl, we need to teach the youth to just say "NO." The best way to stop the youth from using drugs is to educate them about the dangers of drugs.

I agree with Biden in that we need to give a free education to everyone in America who wants one, and we need to gentrify our population, we need to get back to the basics including good manners, etc. Like Sidney Poitier, he always seemed to have so much class and he seemed so well mannered. And Audrey Hepburn was classy. We need to make heroes out of the good people and not the criminals.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #9370 on: July 05, 2024, 07:37:04 PM »

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/357989/worker-driven-social-responsibility-corporate-ethics-consumers

Workers of the world unite!  Make your companies walk their socially and environmentally responsible talk.
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9371 on: July 05, 2024, 07:52:47 PM »

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/357989/worker-driven-social-responsibility-corporate-ethics-consumers

Workers of the world unite!  Make your companies walk their socially and environmentally responsible talk.

Comcast owns Universal Studios, and I sent them a list of ideas on Facebook, they have so much power to do good things and to be altruistic, their headquarters are in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, which is great, they are a good American company, Universal can do a lot of good things.

And here in Anaheim we have Disney, and Disney sent people to Anaheim City Hall to ask "How can we help the people of Anaheim?" Disney is great.

Salute,

Tony V.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9372 on: July 05, 2024, 08:27:35 PM »

WHY?

The
 Free market already does unless you think customers are socially irresponsible.
All of Western Europe agrees on the benefits of capitalism. You ought to educate yourself.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9373 on: July 05, 2024, 08:43:41 PM »

Red hates social responsibility. Just the thought of it makes him feel bad about everything he has ever done in his life.

Red will starve a million children before facing up to the possibility of ever being socially responsible.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9374 on: July 05, 2024, 08:50:11 PM »

Yes, for average Joe/Joeline, who are struggling to pay their bills and put food on the table for their families...the dentist is *unaffordable.*

Here in Anaheim we have a shortage of doctors, and psychiatrists. My Doctor is semi-retired and I see a Nurse Practitioner at his office now, and a lot of people see Nurse Practitioners now. And there is a huge shortage of Psychiatrists. The best school for Psychiatrists is San Diego State University, and we train doctors here at the University of California Irvine medical center.

We need to train more doctors, and psychiatrists, as well as dentists, etc. Here in the USA we can build medical schools and dental schools in Kentucky, etc, etc, etc. And we can destroy the prison in Lancaster, California, and we can build a Medical School on that site.

Biden and Harris want to educate all Americans, and that means we would have more Health Care Professionals, including Mental Health, and Dental.

We also need to always have good movies and television shows that make people want to become doctors, and psychiatrists, etc. I had a teacher for Psychology who worked at the Betty Ford Center and he helped the rich and famous people to get clean from drugs and alcohol, etc, Ozzy Osbourne went there, and Elizabeth Taylor went there, etc. One book that I recommend to everyone is "On Becoming a Person" by Carl Rogers. I met Hugh Laurie at the Northgate Market here in Anaheim, he starred as a doctor on the television show "House" and he helped to portray a good doctor on television. We could have a movie with Brad Pitt, or Tom Cruise, as a Psychiatrist helping the homeless, etc.

Proposition 1 in California will help to train more Psychiatrists, etc, and we need to really work hard to educate and train Americans for the positions which we need filled.

Also of note, Mayor Bass is hiring Social Workers and they are paying them $80,000 per year.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 628