Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 560

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 117720 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #660 on: July 30, 2022, 11:08:57 PM »

Hint: On an online forum it's common courtesy to give a brief description when you have linked a blind URL.

We will just have to live with your temporary disappointment
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 30, 2022, 11:42:58 PM »

Right now I am thinking about the movie "The Grapes of Wrath," my family experienced all of that during the Great Depression, my Grandfather hitchhiked from Arkansas to California to find work, and my Grandmother's family came from Colorado to California, and they all picked fruit. They became extremely hard workers, and they rose, but they went through hell for a time.

We need to remember the lessons of the Great Depression, and we need our anti-trust, anti-monopoly rules to be enforced, etc. And we should not be having baby food shortages, WIC should not have only a few suppliers, they need to open up and allow more suppliers.

Also, a lesson from the Great Depression was the importance of labor unions, and when workers are paid fair then it helps the economy. Starving people are not able to negotiate for high wages, so the workers need to join unions so they can bargain collectively. When the workers are paid fair then everyone wins.

We cannot just have a free economy, we need to operate within a framework of rules and laws that prevent another Great Depression from happening, and the workers need unions.

Right now I think a lot of our problems are do to corruption, people are putting themselves first instead of being honest and serving our nation with honor. And here in Anaheim we had a Mayor who was so corrupt that he was going to sell Angel Stadium and get a million dollar kick-back.

Some things that we need to look at are how we brought ourselves out of the Great Depression and steps that were taken to make sure that another Great Depression never happens, and we also need to look at how Reagan saved the world economy when he was President. ( And we know that Reagan got Health Care and Retirement Benefits for the actors when he was head of the Screen Actors Guild. )

One scene from the movie "The Grapes of Wrath" that still rings true, is that the fortunate people never understand what it is like for the poor people, and as they looked at the Joad family the fortunate people said that they could never understand how the poor people live like that, as if being poor was a choice that the people made. If people knew what it was really like then there would be more of a sense of urgency to help our homeless people and our poor.

We need to learn from the Great Depression, and we need to make sure that another Great Depression never happens.

Salute,

Tony V.

Who would Tom Joad believed cared about his familys plight, Rick Caruso or Karen Bass?

Why?

Rick Caruso seems smarter, and he wants to help our homeless people.

Of note on the current situation with the inflation, in order to give more money to workers then the USA can lower taxes for workers and let them keep more of their hard earned money. Instead of giving people stimulus checks, then instead the Government can lower taxes and let people keep more of their own money.

And the retired people and disabled people need a raise on Social Security.

We also need to continue to strive to better educate our people, and to prepare our people for the jobs of the future.

Of note, in California one third of our people are foreign born, we need to educate and train them, and we need to teach them what America is all about and what it means to be an American. And people need to learn that America is not just about being selfish and making money, the American Dream is about more than that, it is about having a good nation where you can raise your family, and where you can be a part of a community.

And we need for the companies to be altruistic, they need to care about the communities where they operate. For instance, the neighorhood around Paramount Studios is a ghetto, the studio has a high fence, and Paramount does not give a shit about their community, and that must change, Paramount needs to hire the people from their community, and they need to give schollarships to send the youth to film school to work at Paramount, etc. Hollywood needs to train the people for studio jobs, and the studios need to hire local workers. The studios need to care about the people of Hollywood.

We are making progress here in Anaheim, as Fullerton Community College, and Cal State Fullerton, are training people for jobs at Disney now, so people can get an education and training and then they can go right to work for Disney, so that is great.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 11:46:10 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 31, 2022, 12:21:48 AM »

Elizabeth Taylor said that the best use of fame is to help other people, and she used her fame to help the people with AIDS and she did other good things. Not only was she a good actress, but she was also a good person. We need for more people to be like Elizabeth Taylor was.

Right now Brad Pitt could be helping the homeless people in Los Angeles, he can use his fame to help the homeless people.

If I was famous I would be out there helping people and I would be doing good deeds, I would use my fame to help people.

Right now I am poor and unknown, but I still spend time trying to help other people, and I use what training and experience I have to try to help other people.

And Rick Caruso seems like a rich guy who wants to help people by giving back to the community, we need for more rich people to care about our people here in America.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 12:49:22 AM by FlyingVProd »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 31, 2022, 03:33:58 AM »

And Rick Caruso seems like a rich guy who wants to help people by giving back to the community

You are being conned.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 31, 2022, 03:46:41 AM »

Hint: On an online forum it's common courtesy to give a brief description when you have linked a blind URL.

We will just have to live with your temporary disappointment

Like Kid lives with KKK dick up his ass.

Did I use your proper pronoun, Kid? If not I apologize.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 31, 2022, 06:03:14 AM »

What do you think becomes of these three young ladies?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-teen-girls-arrested-hate-crime-charges-anti-white-assault?dicbo=v2-cbf2df5039b50475662e92be5deab948

Ah yes, anti-white hatred.
So, instead of the white lady the 3 girls bashed, it had been me...an elderly white male on the bus?
After the one with the green hair had yelled racial hatred at me, said "I'm gangsta", told me as the bus passed the cemetery..."that's where I'm going to bury you", then started hitting me and her two buddies joined in...would I have been allowed to shoot them?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 06:06:03 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 31, 2022, 09:51:01 AM »

So glad that after 400 years of brutal oppression, murder, rape, enslavement, then Jim Crow and segregation and more brutal murder for looking at a white woman or not being deferential or just being in the wrong place, then more economic discrimination and marginalization and massive imprisonment,  we found a case of a white woman getting beaten up!  That really balances out the picture!  That anecdote just changed our whole understanding of racial issues in America!
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 31, 2022, 10:31:12 AM »

What do you think becomes of these three young ladies?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-teen-girls-arrested-hate-crime-charges-anti-white-assault?dicbo=v2-cbf2df5039b50475662e92be5deab948

Ah yes, anti-white hatred.
So, instead of the white lady the 3 girls bashed, it had been me...an elderly white male on the bus?
After the one with the green hair had yelled racial hatred at me, said "I'm gangsta", told me as the bus passed the cemetery..."that's where I'm going to bury you", then started hitting me and her two buddies joined in...would I have been allowed to shoot them?

No guns for you bambu.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #668 on: July 31, 2022, 10:36:04 AM »

Right now I am thinking about the movie "The Grapes of Wrath," my family experienced all of that during the Great Depression, my Grandfather hitchhiked from Arkansas to California to find work, and my Grandmother's family came from Colorado to California, and they all picked fruit. They became extremely hard workers, and they rose, but they went through hell for a time.

We need to remember the lessons of the Great Depression, and we need our anti-trust, anti-monopoly rules to be enforced, etc. And we should not be having baby food shortages, WIC should not have only a few suppliers, they need to open up and allow more suppliers.

Also, a lesson from the Great Depression was the importance of labor unions, and when workers are paid fair then it helps the economy. Starving people are not able to negotiate for high wages, so the workers need to join unions so they can bargain collectively. When the workers are paid fair then everyone wins.

We cannot just have a free economy, we need to operate within a framework of rules and laws that prevent another Great Depression from happening, and the workers need unions.

Right now I think a lot of our problems are do to corruption, people are putting themselves first instead of being honest and serving our nation with honor. And here in Anaheim we had a Mayor who was so corrupt that he was going to sell Angel Stadium and get a million dollar kick-back.

Some things that we need to look at are how we brought ourselves out of the Great Depression and steps that were taken to make sure that another Great Depression never happens, and we also need to look at how Reagan saved the world economy when he was President. ( And we know that Reagan got Health Care and Retirement Benefits for the actors when he was head of the Screen Actors Guild. )

One scene from the movie "The Grapes of Wrath" that still rings true, is that the fortunate people never understand what it is like for the poor people, and as they looked at the Joad family the fortunate people said that they could never understand how the poor people live like that, as if being poor was a choice that the people made. If people knew what it was really like then there would be more of a sense of urgency to help our homeless people and our poor.

We need to learn from the Great Depression, and we need to make sure that another Great Depression never happens.

Salute,

Tony V.

Who would Tom Joad believed cared about his familys plight, Rick Caruso or Karen Bass?

Why?

Rick Caruso seems smarter, and he wants to help our homeless people.

Of note on the current situation with the inflation, in order to give more money to workers then the USA can lower taxes for workers and let them keep more of their hard earned money. Instead of giving people stimulus checks, then instead the Government can lower taxes and let people keep more of their own money.

And the retired people and disabled people need a raise on Social Security.

We also need to continue to strive to better educate our people, and to prepare our people for the jobs of the future.

Of note, in California one third of our people are foreign born, we need to educate and train them, and we need to teach them what America is all about and what it means to be an American. And people need to learn that America is not just about being selfish and making money, the American Dream is about more than that, it is about having a good nation where you can raise your family, and where you can be a part of a community.

And we need for the companies to be altruistic, they need to care about the communities where they operate. For instance, the neighorhood around Paramount Studios is a ghetto, the studio has a high fence, and Paramount does not give a shit about their community, and that must change, Paramount needs to hire the people from their community, and they need to give schollarships to send the youth to film school to work at Paramount, etc. Hollywood needs to train the people for studio jobs, and the studios need to hire local workers. The studios need to care about the people of Hollywood.

We are making progress here in Anaheim, as Fullerton Community College, and Cal State Fullerton, are training people for jobs at Disney now, so people can get an education and training and then they can go right to work for Disney, so that is great.

Salute,

Tony V.

Did you know before becoming a member of Congress Karen Bass was a social worker?

You have a good heart, Tony, but you are a sucker.

Rich republicans buying government jobs are pretty damn suspect.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 31, 2022, 11:16:51 AM »

Ms Bass would have made a good VP.

But I dont think they figured her strong for the next step.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 31, 2022, 11:27:11 AM »

If Nancy Pelosi visits Taiwan, China has threatened to shoot down her plane and basically start a war.

youtube video
'The US *have gotten themselves into an almighty conundrum*
-Sky News.

#####

Yes, the communist China y'all love.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 11:43:50 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #671 on: July 31, 2022, 11:28:59 AM »

Ms Bass would have made a good VP.

But I dont think they figured her strong for the next step.

I do believe her age was a factor.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 31, 2022, 02:28:08 PM »

Thinking China would do a better job running Australia than Australians do is not love for China. It is deep, deep well founded distain for Australians. Dont get it twisted Bambi.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 31, 2022, 02:51:50 PM »

Shoulda left the bill the way it was

But the Jon Stewarts of the world would never criticize Schumer and his pals.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #674 on: July 31, 2022, 03:45:23 PM »

Shoulda left the bill the way it was

But the Jon Stewarts of the world would never criticize Schumer and his pals.

Waaah waaah! The Democrats practiced politics and caught you flat footed.

It was the same amount of money just moved from discretionary to mandatory meaning the funding was secure.

That made 30 Senators change their minds and celebrate with fist bumps on the floor?

GOP were pissed because they got played on the CHIPs bill and Climate reconciliation so they pouted and took it out on the veterans.

Yeah, but Black athlete disrespect OUR TROOPS when they protest police violence.

The GOP and their supporters are nothing but skid marks...

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 560