Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 560

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 117707 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #675 on: July 31, 2022, 04:14:24 PM »

I think that the people who have been in government have been allowing things to get bad, they allowed there to be 60,000 homeless people on the streets of Los Angeles, I think that competent and diligent leaders would have dealt with the issue of homelessness in Los Angeles a long time ago.

You do not see homeless people on the streets of Rome, Italy, because they are diligent in helping the poor, and also you can sleep in a hostel where you can shower and sleep in a bed for $15 per night.

The people in the USA seem greedy, and corrupt, and everyone is out for themselves instead of helping other people, and our leaders are corrupt and they allowed there to be 60,000 homeless people on the streets of Los Angeles. We need to have a sense of community in the USA and we need to help our poor. And we need honest leaders. As you all know we had a Mayor in Anaheim who tried to sell Angel Stadium and get a million dollar kick-back, he was very corrupt, he was not serving the people, he was instead corrupt and he was ripping the people off.

Also, people in the USA need to stop trying to get rich from food, shelter, and health care. Instead of building new housing which would help our homeless, people keep buying the existing housing and they raise the rent to make more money, and they just keep raising the rent. Raising the rent on existing housing hurts the poor, and instead we need to build new housing and create new housing for the homeless and we need reasonable rent.

On the issue of food, we can bring our immigrants in from our Southern Border and we can put them all to work growing food.

And a thing about Rick Caruso is that he is an outsider, he was not in charge when Los Angeles got as bad as it is, and he is rich so he cannot be bought by special interests.

I did not know that Karen Bass was a social worker, and may God bless her for her service.

The streets are full of homeless people, crime is rising, there is food insecurity, and one third of our people in California are foreign born and they need for Americans to guide them and to teach them what it means to be an American.

The stars and the rich people used to help the people, and the writers in Hollywood tried to have good messages in their movies, and Hollywood helped to teach people what it meant to be an American, we need for the good people to rise in Hollywood. And we need more stars like Elizabeth Taylor was who work to help our people.

I cannot force everyone to be a Christian and to help the poor and the needy like it says in Matthew 25; 31-46, but we can teach people to be good people no matter what religion they decide to follow.

And we need to have filmmakers like Frank Capra was who inspire the best in humanity.

Of note, on hostels, we can allow the hostels to operate tax free in order to inspire people to open hostels in the USA, for $15 per night for a shower and a bed.

Salute,

Tony V.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 31, 2022, 04:28:30 PM »

Yes, the communist China y'all love.

Striving to make sense of this.  Who here has expressed love of red China?
Bo Diddley, for one.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #677 on: July 31, 2022, 04:32:31 PM »

And a thing about Rick Caruso is that he is an outsider, he was not in charge when Los Angeles got as bad as it is, and he is rich so he cannot be bought by special interests.

Gee...

That is the exact thing they said about Donald J. Trump: Billionaire who owns a mansion and a yacht.

Look how that turned out.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 31, 2022, 04:41:46 PM »

Yes, the communist China y'all love.

Striving to make sense of this.  Who here has expressed love of red China?
Bo Diddley, for one.

I had a roommate in Malibu who was the daughter of a general in China, and she loves Malibu, she is a good person and she loves Malibu. Her desire is for wisdom and patience, and she wants peace. I liked her, and I was lucky to be able to live there.

We were living in a beautiful beach house in Malibu overlooking the ocean, and it was one of the best years in my life. I could never have afforded to live there, but they liked me and they gave me a room for only $500 per month, it was a dream come true for me. The lady who owned the house was the ex wife of Sammy Hagar's family doctor, and she was friends with everyone in Malibu, and she liked me and she let me live there cheap, she is a wonderful woman.

They all knew that I am poor, but they treated me great, they treated me like an equal even though all of my roommates were wealthy. My roommate who was the daughter of the Chinese general did not look down on me for being poor, she treated me like an equal.

They did not judge me unfairly for being poor, and they let me live there cheap. I lived like a king in Malibu for one year with the rich people, it was great. 

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 04:44:20 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 31, 2022, 04:46:25 PM »

Gee...

That is the exact thing they said about Donald J. Trump: Billionaire who owns a mansion and a yacht.

True.

Rick Caruso seems like a better guy than Trump, but you are right, we cannot trust him just because he is rich and unable to be bought. It is all about if the person is honest or not.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 31, 2022, 04:50:03 PM »

Gee...

True.

Rick Caruso seems like a better guy than Trump, but you are right, we cannot trust him just because he is rich and unable to be bought. It is all about if the person is honest or not.

Salute,

Tony V.

He is a special interest.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #681 on: July 31, 2022, 05:15:16 PM »

The reason billionaires try to buy political office is they crave power. Rich boy toys are not big examples of power.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 31, 2022, 05:15:49 PM »

Good byes to Bill Russell and Nichelle Nichols.

They both had a significant impact on America. They will be missed.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Statement by Honourable Murray Sinclair on the Pope
« Reply #683 on: July 31, 2022, 05:34:51 PM »

https://lastrealindians.com/news/2022/7/28/statement-by-honourable-murray-sinclair-on-the-popes-apology

Worth a read.

Worth thinking about by Congress - especially, but not only, by the GOP.

They are not called out for greater responsibility, but because they have far greater resistance to taking responsibility now for past actions of the federal government.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 31, 2022, 06:26:56 PM »

Good byes to Bill Russell and Nichelle Nichols.

They both had a significant impact on America. They will be missed.

Two rough losses.

May they both Rest in Power.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 31, 2022, 06:35:04 PM »

Gee...

True.

Salute,

Tony V.

Just because Creepy Caruso does not need a dime does not mean that he is also not easily bought. LA will fall to shit faster under Caruso who has not got a clue, so much so that you will miss Garcetti.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 31, 2022, 07:49:06 PM »

Cha chinggg!!!

I am sure she gets paid big time

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/29/us/north-carolina-police-resign-black-city-manager-reaj/?dicbo=v2-7d9d0988d3728318b559e26c35641747&hpt=ob_blogfooterold

Cuz she forced them to resign all at once.

WTF do you always take the white people's side in these?

Oh, right. We know. It is not a coincidence.

You go immediately to money for her.

No data. No info other than "all resigned less than 2 months after she took office" and only one involved party heard from - a complaint that he had been written up, but not what he got written up for.

You are a piece of work, Kid.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 31, 2022, 07:50:56 PM »

You might call it work. I call it shit.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 01, 2022, 01:21:06 AM »

World Bank

2 hours

The poorest countries face dangers they have not encountered in decades, with many now at risk of a simultaneous food and debt crisis.

Policymakers across the world must act promptly and decisively to prevent potentially devastating outcomes.

http://wrld.bg/jXiH50K1HOp

---------

The experts need to speak up, and people need to take action. And we need teamwork.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 560