Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 560

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 117705 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #690 on: August 01, 2022, 09:58:27 AM »

I am not going to blame Jon for not knowing all the facts, Watters said on his Friday show.  Going forward, lets do this  I will do the research and Jon Stewart can handle the farming. Its better for everybody that way.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/07/30/jon-stewart-ted-cruz-veterans-burn-pits/
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 01, 2022, 12:44:24 PM »

I am not going to blame Jon for not knowing all the facts, Watters said on his Friday show.  Going forward, lets do this  I will do the research and Jon Stewart can handle the farming. Its better for everybody that way.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/07/30/jon-stewart-ted-cruz-veterans-burn-pits/
Ted Cruz voted for the bill with the same "budgetary trick" in it back in June.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #692 on: August 01, 2022, 02:03:34 PM »

Ted Cruz and Pat Toomey: Fuck tha troops!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #694 on: August 01, 2022, 04:52:58 PM »

GOP pissed because Chuck Schumer finally learned to make boss moves.

Mr President, passage would not have been delayed if Senator Schumer had kept his promises. Good news is, despite his mendacity, it will pass this next week.

Senator John Cornyn on Twitter
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #695 on: August 01, 2022, 05:09:55 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 01, 2022, 08:31:21 PM »

Not so much

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 01, 2022, 08:39:56 PM »

Not so much

Kid again knows more than the reporters do.

So amazing.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #698 on: August 01, 2022, 09:37:11 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 01, 2022, 09:58:24 PM »

I think plenty of vets like the party just fine.  100 per cent agreement on every matter just isnt realistic.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #700 on: August 02, 2022, 12:18:54 AM »

I think plenty of vets like the party just fine.  100 per cent agreement on every matter just isnt realistic.

Yeah.

Vets are used to being screwed by the GOP.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/macarthur-bonus-march-may-july-1932/

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 02, 2022, 12:19:41 PM »

I do not hold this against pro choice groups, Dems, anyone -

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/teenage-pro-life-activist-allegedly-punched-face-while-knocking-doors-kansas

Good people (and bad) on both sides

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 02, 2022, 12:31:36 PM »

The activist was advocating the state enforced murder of expectant mothers.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 02, 2022, 07:17:53 PM »

Shakira had some problems in Spain, so she moved here to Los Angeles. If I was her, with her two sons, I would buy a house at Latigo Beach, where the boys can surf, and there is 24 hour security there.

We have stadiums all over Southern California where Shakira can make money, she can just do a concert whenever she needs money.

If she needs a lawyer I recommend Loeb and Loeb.

I like Shakira, she is a saint, and it is cool that she moved to live here in Southern California.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 02, 2022, 11:15:58 PM »

Bambu, the Newmont company operates there in Australia, they are huge, it started with a guy from Montana who went to New York and got people to invest in Gold mining, and now they mine Gold all around the world.

https://www.newmont.com/operations-and-projects/global-presence/australia/default.aspx

Gold is important and it can help to stabilize economies if they tie their currency to Gold, the World Bank has used Gold to stabilize economies in the past, including in Turkey.

Gold is easy to find now, and NASA and Sverdrup can tell you where the Gold is with the use of a satellite. The same way that they can tell you what minerals are on the face of Mars, NASA can tell you where the Gold is on Earth.

My Grandmother worked for the Gold mines in Battle Mountain, Nevada, and she also went to Mexico and she opened Gold mines in Mexico. They treated her like a Queen in Mexico. ( And I hope that the Gold mining companies can be altruistic, including helping the orphans in Mexico, etc. I know that when my Grandmother worked for the mining companies that they helped to bring telephones, electricity, paved roads, running water, television, radio, etc, to some very poor parts of Mexico, and they did other good things. They can also do libraries, etc. )

The mining companies can be altruistic, and they can do great things.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 11:17:53 PM by FlyingVProd »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 560