Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 560

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 117668 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #870 on: August 15, 2022, 11:27:33 AM »

It's good to hear that Salman Rushdie is awake and on the road to recovery, though full recovery is impossible.

I guess he'd lowered his guard, but he should never have had to have it up.

Well, he (and we) are dealing with fanatics.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 15, 2022, 11:28:44 AM »

It's good to hear that Salman Rushdie is awake and on the road to recovery, though full recovery is impossible.

He should never have gone down The Satanic Versus path or whatever it was that caused the fatwa to be issued.

So, you're not a fan of free speech. no surprise there, given your Errol Flynn like tendencies to authoritarianism, you Aussie Putz.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 15, 2022, 01:14:35 PM »

If anyone deserved a license to carry......
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 15, 2022, 02:22:01 PM »

They live among us.

It's the American way.

Be cautious.  Be observant.  Of your neighbours - yes.  And everywhere.

(New Jersey man attacked Rushdie)
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 15, 2022, 03:49:15 PM »

Indonesia has new pink buses for women, because Indonesia thinks that the women need to have their own buses to be safe from the sexual harassment of the men.

https://en.antaranews.com/news/241089/transjakarta-resumes-special-bus-services-for-women

That is sad that they do not think that men and women can travel peacefully on the same buses, and that men are treated as being something bad that must be kept away from the women.

I would rather that men were taught to be gentlemen, and that men were taught good manners, and it is good that men and women should travel together.

Something is wrong if the men and women cannot even travel on the same buses together.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #875 on: August 15, 2022, 04:43:06 PM »

As we work to help to get our homeless people into housing, a local woman here in Orange County went to Washington DC about 30 years ago and she got sixty million dollars to open the Mental Health Association of Orange County and a MHA Thrift Store, to help the homeless and the mentally ill in Orange County. People need to have initiative and people need to be able to go to Washington DC to get money to help the homeless the same way that this lady did in Orange County to open the MHA.

We also have a new Wellness Center in Orange.

There are people in Washington DC who love to help the homeless and they have the resources.

And the United States Government is the biggest buyer of goods and services in the world.

We also need for the States to do more to help the homeless, and the foster children, and the abused women, etc. California is wealthy, we need to do more to help our own people here at home.

This lady, Darlene, got sixty million dollars to open the Mental Health Association and the MHA Thrift Store, and other people can go to Washington DC and they can get money to help the homeless in their area too. And the States need to do more to help our homeless.

And we need to build housing like crazy, Homeboy Industries can work together with Habitat for Humanity and other groups to build housing, and we should start by getting the young healthy people to build housing for the old people and for the disabled and for the children. And as we help the homeless people then we can get the homeless people to volunteer with Habitat for Humanity and they can help to build housing, the homeless can learn how to help to build housing and as they go to work then they can help to solve the homelessness crisis.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 16, 2022, 01:19:54 AM »

He should never have gone down The Satanic Versus path or whatever it was that caused the fatwa to be issued.

So, you're not a fan of free speech. no surprise there, given your Errol Flynn like tendencies to authoritarianism, you Aussie Putz.

Free speech is like free trade...rarely free.
 Words and cartoons are free speech,  but you've seen what can happen when people are offended by them.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 16, 2022, 12:31:36 PM »

One might think that sixty million dollars is a lot for a Mental Health Association and a MHA Thrift Store, but Darlene set it up to serve the whole county, the OC has 3.17 million people, she has helped a lot of people over the last 30 years. I do not know exactly how much funding she got from Washington DC, but I know that Darlene is a hero to many people in the OC because she has helped a lot of people.

The Wellness Center in Orange is newer, and a bunch of people worked together as a team to make it happen. We need to copy it and build more of them.

And Biden needs to address the issue of homelessness in America.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 16, 2022, 01:21:42 PM »

Someone needs to buy America On Line and they need to bring it into the future, AOL is horrible now, I still have it from the beginning, but it is a total waste of money now, I am paying just so I get to keep my same email address. If someone was smart they would buy AOL and then add cool stuff to it, make it to where you can browse for friends with similar interests, and add forums, etc, etc, etc, AOL can be number one again if they make it cool. They need to at least make it worth the money that I pay for the service. And we should get free virus protection, and zero commercials and zero advertisements.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 16, 2022, 01:40:29 PM »

KTLA 5 News

23 minutes

The Academy apologizes to Sacheen Littlefeather decades after refusing Marlon Brando's Oscar on his behalf.

https://bit.ly/3zZOg7Q

------------

The Native American Indians have a voice now, Robert Redford helped the Native American Indians to open the first all Native American owned movie and television studio, the name of it is Camel Rock Studios, in New Mexico.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 16, 2022, 01:42:12 PM »

Someone needs to buy America On Line and they need to bring it into the future, AOL is horrible now, I still have it from the beginning, but it is a total waste of money now, I am paying just so I get to keep my same email address. If someone was smart they would buy AOL and then add cool stuff to it, make it to where you can browse for friends with similar interests, and add forums, etc, etc, etc, AOL can be number one again if they make it cool. They need to at least make it worth the money that I pay for the service. And we should get free virus protection, and zero commercials and zero advertisements.

Salute,

Tony V.
We should bring Compaq into the future too. Not to mention tvs with rabbit ears, and buggy whips.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 16, 2022, 02:15:21 PM »

Some kind of hand cranked mangle for help with the laundry.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
Come on, Kid, give birth to another kid!
« Reply #882 on: August 16, 2022, 05:36:42 PM »

Florida has a maturity standard for abortion

Florida, of all places, assessing the maturity of others.  According to state law, the 16 year old woman is supposed to consult with her parents regarding an abortion. But...she has no parents. So, the state acted in loco parentis, saying she wasn't mature enough to have an abortion. So, she's mature enough to have the baby, but not mature enough to decide not to have the baby.

Got that?

If you think that makes no sense, maybe you're not mature enough to understand Florida.

Or maybe you support a form of institutional slavery as that state of Florida has claimed women's vaginas as its own.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/florida-court-will-force-teen-to-give-birth-as-shes-not-sufficiently-mature-for-abortion

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 16, 2022, 05:39:15 PM »

Greedy people attempt to use their descendants to shake down a religious order: https://time.com/6206585/jesuits-reparations-descendants-slavery/

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 16, 2022, 05:46:36 PM »

Blacks keep up their attacks on Asian-Americans: https://abc7news.com/asian-woman-beaten-in-sf-attacked-by-four-people-sfpd-arrests-attackers-elderly-kicked-head/12127820/

This is how the children are "raised". Apparently, hate has a home in some black communities.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 560