Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 595

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 135623 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #3765 on: April 24, 2023, 04:24:43 PM »

My house in Malibu had to be safe and we had to have security because one of my roommates was the daughter of a Chinese general.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: April 24, 2023, 05:08:23 PM »

And maybe Dennis Rodman can go to Sudan and plead for peace.

Salute,

Tony V.

You could reach out.

If he were interested would you be willing to help him set it up?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: April 24, 2023, 05:20:09 PM »

Certainly.  Best part?  You'll still be able to kill somebody if a ball rolls into your yard.

Balls rolling into my yard would not scare me...just kids having fun, kick the ball back to them.
Gun toting thugs, like the two in a You tube video, *rolling* into my garage like they did to an American man, demanding his truck keys at gunpoint...the sun shining brightly...would scare me.
Gotta have fortress homes these days, so armed robbers can't just walk right on into one's garage.
Homes need to be built like prisons, walls, alarms, lights, outer doors and inner doors that can be opened if no one follows the vehicles thru the outer doors.

All of the rich people in Malibu have security. You have to go through a security gate at Latigo Beach where they have armed security guards 24 hours per day. Paradise Cove also has 24 hour security with armed security guards and a security gate.

When I lived in Malibu one had to drive through 2 security gates to get to my home, with security cameras at the gates filming everyone who came in, and then we had 2 big dogs, and we had outdoor spot lights with motion detectors to spot people on our property at night, and plus I had a gun. We were very safe in Malibu.

I love Malibu, and if my movie script and poetry book are wildly successful then I will live in Malibu again, I would love to buy a house in Malibu. I felt very safe in Malibu, it is a nice, calm, mellow place.

Salute,

Tony V.

Exactly.
There's no such thing as "too much security".

Pity schools, churches, hotels etc in America haven't awakened to that fact yet.
I'm sick and tired...very sick and very tired, of seeing the grieving America parents and friends of school etc shooting victims, and then the photos of the dead children/teachers etc....on my tv news screen...in full and living colour.
It's very upsetting.
And I don't even live there! 

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: April 24, 2023, 06:34:18 PM »

There is good news tonight

It would not surprise me if he decided to jump into the GOP primary.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: April 24, 2023, 06:52:49 PM »

There is good news tonight

It would not surprise me if he decided to jump into the GOP primary.

Someone is going to a lot of meth collating the mountains of material to use against him in attack adds. Both ron and dons team will be more than happy for the refreshing change of focus and the pillowy soft target.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: April 24, 2023, 07:04:57 PM »

Outgoing Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot opens up on Black on Black crime in the Windy City.
Does anyone on the left care?

I come to this conversation as a former federal prosecutor. I come to this as a former defense attorney, I am the sister of a returning resident,but I know that there are people in my city that are wreaking havoc every day and need to be off the streets.
That is  reality

What do we say to, not only the victims of crime, but the people who are terrified about crimes in their neighborhood, most of whom look like us.
 If we say, yeah, the police department is spending all this time and resources to arrest, put a case on, and the judges and the prosecutors say, you know what? We are going to let you out on electronic monitoring to wreak havoc again.

Lightfoot asked if somebody musters the courage to come forward and identify the person who just shot up their neighborhood, and then sees Pookie walking bold as day back on the street two days later, what does that say to them?

You are telling them that the criminal justice system does not care about victims and witnesses.
And if we do not  call that out every single day with these prosecutors and with these judges, many of whom do not live in our cities and do not care about what is happening, then we are going to lose an opportunity to advocate for the victims and the witnesses and the residents who just want and deserve peace.

We gotta say it, she added. We gotta say it.

To the left Black onBlack crime in Chicago is just collateral damage.
Sadly,  Lightfoot came to the truth after it was too late to make a difference.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 07:06:38 PM by Espnthree »

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: April 24, 2023, 08:18:00 PM »

Outgoing Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot opens up on Black on Black crime in the Windy City.

I come to this conversation as a former federal prosecutor. I come to this as a former defense attorney, I am the sister of a returning resident,but I know that there are people in my city that are wreaking havoc every day and need to be off the streets.
That is  reality

What do we say to, not only the victims of crime, but the people who are terrified about crimes in their neighborhood, most of whom look like us.
 If we say, yeah, the police department is spending all this time and resources to arrest, put a case on, and the judges and the prosecutors say, you know what? We are going to let you out on electronic monitoring to wreak havoc again.

Lightfoot asked if somebody musters the courage to come forward and identify the person who just shot up their neighborhood, and then sees Pookie walking bold as day back on the street two days later, what does that say to them?

You are telling them that the criminal justice system does not care about victims and witnesses.
And if we do not  call that out every single day with these prosecutors and with these judges, many of whom do not live in our cities and do not care about what is happening, then we are going to lose an opportunity to advocate for the victims and the witnesses and the residents who just want and deserve peace.

We gotta say it, she added. We gotta say it.

To the left Black onBlack crime in Chicago is just collateral damage.
Sadly,  Lightfoot came to the truth after it was too late to make a difference.

Lori Lightfoot lost to TWO democratic opponents and no matter how much she kissed Chicago PD ass the cops detested her almost as much as they detest the citizens of Chicago.

And that starts with the police

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/02/11/chicago-police-study-white-cops-more-likely-arrest-use-force/4439259001/

When it comes to cops the fish rots from the head.

Chicago FOP president John Catanzara quickly rebuked cops who knelt in solidarity with Black Lives Matter protesters, mocking their actions as ridiculous and threatening to expel them from the union. In January, he defended the mob of largely white Trump supporters and white supremacists who stormed the U.S. Capitol, saying they are entitled to voice their frustration.
He apologized later for the fact that his comments brought negative attention to our Lodge.

The police screwed Lighfoot and then backed the losing candidate in the mayoral runoff.
Too many suspects get released because the cops fuck up the arrests.

https://www.injusticewatch.org/news/2021/analysis-heres-how-chicagos-most-powerful-police-union-maintains-tradition-of-problematic-leadership/

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: April 24, 2023, 10:33:40 PM »

It only took two hours for Red to become spiritually adrift, forlorn and beyond reason.

Amazing.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: April 25, 2023, 08:12:33 AM »

Yes. They all do. Which makes reading the rest of your post unnecessary.

Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: April 25, 2023, 09:46:26 AM »

Yes. They all do. Which makes reading the rest of your post unnecessary.
LOL!

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: April 25, 2023, 09:50:44 AM »

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2023-04-23/commentary-its-not-easy-being-a-green-motorist-in-california

California man discovers new system is taking time to achieve perfection!
Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: April 25, 2023, 10:05:11 AM »

I chuckle when Red expresses his deep concern about violence in Chicago.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 10:08:33 AM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: April 25, 2023, 10:37:27 AM »

I chuckle when Red expresses his deep concern about violence in Chicago.
The concern was voiced by Lori Lightfoot.
I also have family and friends in Chicago.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 10:41:48 AM by Espnthree »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: April 25, 2023, 10:50:51 AM »

Point taken. As do I. I withdraw my snark.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: April 25, 2023, 12:05:21 PM »

Point taken. As do I. I withdraw my snark.

My son lives in Chicago and he campaigned for Lightfoot in 2018 and for Brandon Johnson in this election.

The snark applies!
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 595